KC - Denver Game on NFLN

bp1802

so I have NFLN on Insight Cable in Columbus. I sit down ready to watch the game tonignt and 8pm rolls around and they are not showing it. I call insight and they have a recording saying that the games will not be shown on NFLN due to the NFL wanting Insight to pay "millions" to have the rights to broadcast them. This straight pisses me off. I have to pay like $5 extra in my cable bill for the sports package that includes NFLN in it and now come to find out that I am not able to get all the programming it offers. This will be case for anybody in Columbus next week when the Bengals play the Ravens (I will be at the game but it still pisses me off) I understand that it will be shown in local markets but I am pretty sure this does not include Columbus. Fuck this.

Same thing here in NKY :rant: Fucking bullshit!

I don't care what it costs the rapist bastard motherfuckers cable is expensive enough, don't fucking let us sit all week thinking that we are going to be able to enjoy the game at home then get ass fucked, I could have went to a friends house who is watching the game but no! I fucking try and relax at home and get fucked! now I'm too inebriated to drive!
Fucking bastard motherfuckers! :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Man I love this place!

I am so with you. I did family stuff all day today with my and my wife's family and did not really get to watch any game completely. Not that I mind because it is family first and it was good to see everybody, but I had it in the back of my mind that I would be sitting home tonight watching a pretty good football game. Then boom, some shit comes on about some fucking team from back in the day. If this would have been a Bengals game that I wasn't going to I would be raging mad right now instead of just pretty fn pissed.

[quote name='bp1802' post='392759' date='Nov 24 2006, 02:05 AM']I am so with you. I did family stuff all day today with my and my wife's family and did not really get to watch any game completely. Not that I mind because it is family first and it was good to see everybody, but I had it in the back of my mind that I would be sitting home tonight watching a pretty good football game. Then boom, some shit comes on about some fucking team from back in the day. If this would have been a Bengals game that I wasn't going to I would be raging mad right now instead of just pretty fn pissed.[/quote]

I moved my whole family from the living room so I could watch the game, then I had to yell "False Alarm!"

Best thing to do is call them non stop tommorrow so we can watch it next week

[quote name='schotzee' post='392797' date='Nov 24 2006, 03:23 AM']So does that mean you guys are going to miss the the game next Thursday as well?[/quote]

Probably! several million dollars to Insight is like you or me coming up with an extra dollar, they are trying to make a statement to the NFL at the expense of their customers!

Fucking bastard bitch mother fuckers!

This might be the last straw! might just say fuck Christmas and go out shopping for a satelite system!

Guest schotzee
[quote name='MAGICTOUCH' post='392819' date='Nov 23 2006, 10:54 PM']So, what you are saying is that you get the NFL Network, but STILL don't get the games? If that is true then this whole thing with the NFL Network showing live games is an even bigger joke than it was before[/quote]

That's because their provider apparently didn't pay for the rights to the NFL to televise games live.DTV televised it.

yes, I have NFL Network but still will not get the games. I also had no idea of this until I sat down to watch the game tonight. I think I am more pissed at the NFL than Insight. I think it is crap that I have their channel and they diliberitaly change their programming up so I can not view the game over some shit they have with insight.
At least they are letting me watch the post game stuff, fuckers

[quote name='bp1802' post='392851' date='Nov 24 2006, 05:04 AM']yes, I have NFL Network but still will not get the games. I also had no idea of this until I sat down to watch the game tonight. I think I am more pissed at the NFL than Insight. I think it is crap that I have their channel and they diliberitaly change their programming up so I can not view the game over some shit they have with insight.
At least they are letting me watch the post game stuff, fuckers[/quote]

Insight knew ahead of time but decided not to let its customers know although they ran their commercials all week.

I blame Insight

Guest schotzee
[quote name='Storm' post='392854' date='Nov 24 2006, 12:13 AM'][b]Insight knew ahead of time but decided not to let its customers know although they ran their commercials all week.[/b]

I blame Insight[/quote]

That's asinine.I'd have me a satellite for sure.

Guest Johnsons4Life
This NFL network shit is completely BS. At the VERY least they should do is show the game to the local networks. I feel everybodys pain on this coming thursday when the bengals are on. This is the main reason why I got a satelite dish so I'm glad I got it now so I dont have to deal with the cable BS.

There was a ticker at the top of the screen when the game wasn't on stating that the local cable provider (insight) has chosen not to show the game, but that games in local markets will be shown. So the game should be on in the Greater Cincy area next week anyway. I can't speak for Columbus.

I was in NKY for this game, but will be back home, in Indianapolis, for next Thursday's Bengals-Ravens game. Anyone know if Indy Comcast customers got the game?

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Insight Communications Announces Agreement to Televise NFL Network’s Thursday/Saturday Live Primetime NFL Games [/b] [/size]

November 28, 2006 11:55 PM Eastern Time

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Insight Communications and NFL Network today announced Insight will televise NFL Network's live NFL games package this season in conjunction with its carriage of NFL Network.

Insight will air the remaining Thursday and Saturday night NFL games beginning with the Baltimore Ravens vs. Cincinnati Bengals match-up this Thursday, November 30, at 8:00 p.m. ET. This and all remaining games during weeks 13 through 17 of the NFL season will be available to Insight customers on NFL Network channel 547 in all markets.

Insight was one of the first affiliates of NFL Network, carrying NFL Network to its customers since March 2004.

Insight Communications is the 8th largest cable operator in the United States, serving approximately 1.3 million customers in the four contiguous states of Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio. Insight offers bundled, state-of-the-art services in mid-sized communities, delivering analog and digital video, high-speed Internet and, in selected markets, voice telephony to its customers.

NFL Network airs seven days a week, 24 hours a day on a year-round basis and is the first television network fully dedicated to the NFL and the sport of football. For more information, log onto www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/home.[/quote]

[url="http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20061128006278&newsLang=en"]http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/g...amp;newsLang=en[/url]

Archived