Viva la John Edwards

Guest BlackJesus

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='sigfox77' post='417126' date='Dec 28 2006, 09:49 PM']This would sum up most peoples thoughts on Edwards:

[url="http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=%5CPolitics%5Carchive%5C200401%5CPOL20040120a.html"]http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Pa...L20040120a.html[/url][/quote]

[b]From your own bullshit article even ....[/b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img]

[quote]"That is the nature of an advocacy system," Hood added

Hood does not fault Edwards for the strategies he used as a trial lawyer.

"He was an advocate for his clients. It was his job to make the best possible case for them," Hood said.

Many legal observers agree that Edwards was simply doing his job and doing it very well.

Retired North Carolina Superior Court Judge Robert Farmer, who heard many of Edwards' arguments in court, had nothing but praise for the abilities of the former trial lawyer, turned senator.

"He was probably the best I ever had in the 21 years I had on the bench.[/quote]

Guest sigfox77
Edwards was a great lawyer I am not debating that but making the arguement that he sticks up for the little man is quite a stretch its not like he was taking these cases pro-bono.

Also being a civil lawyer doesnt mean you are good leader

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='sigfox77' post='417132' date='Dec 28 2006, 10:03 PM']Edwards was a great lawyer I am not debating that but making the arguement that he sticks up for the little man is quite a stretch its not like he was taking these cases pro-bono.

Also being a civil lawyer doesnt mean you are good leader[/quote]

[b]1. It is not a stretch .... these were individual families against corporations .... the corporation is not the "little" guy in this equation.

2. He took his cases where no fee was charged unless he collected .... so if he didn't win any $$$ then yes he would be taking on the case for free. You can't blame him for winning the huge settlements and then taking the basic % that all lawyers get from such awards. This $$$ also goes into a law firm to pay dozens of other workers, researchers, and build a fund that allows him to take on other tough cases as well.

3. I never said a "good lawyer" = good president. But at least it does show that he speaks English (unlike Bush), knows how to use full sentences (unlike Bush) , can think on his feet (unlike Bush) , can put together rational arguments (unlike Bush) , is literate (unlike Bush) etc etc etc. Most of our nations Presidents have been lawyers ..... then we deviate and pick Bush - look what we get :wacko:

4. You all can try and smear Edwards with all this bullshit if you want ..... it won't work on a large scale .... hell Bush's grand daddy built the Nazi War Machine and nobody cared ..... Bush filled his cabinet with Iran Contra criminals, and people didn't even quit sipping their lattes ---- so don't try and jump on the high horse now.

= Also you give me the GOP candidate and I guarantee I can dig up much much worse shit !!![/b]

Guest sigfox77
Edwards based his cases on Junk science and did serious damage to our health care system. If he wants to know what he do to help middle and low class families afford insurance than he should support tort reform although that would make him quite a hypocrit considering this is how he made his milllions. Everybody likes a well spoken trial lawyer though.

Honestly this entire post has nothing to do with Bush its about Edwards desire to be a presidential candidate. Talk about throwing out the Red Herring!!

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='sigfox77' post='417139' date='Dec 28 2006, 10:22 PM']Edwards based his cases on Junk science and did serious damage to our health care system.[/quote]

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

[b]God damn .... some people are beyond reason .....

yeah Edwards destroyed the Nations health care system by bringing malpractice suits against doctors that could have given babies cerebal palsy .... and by bringing law suits against companies that made defective products that killed and amputated children .... this asshole !!!

Yeah ... you all have fun carrying this story around ..... but don't expect the rest of the thinkin folk who don't have our lips suctioned around Rush Limbaughs dick to join in. [/b]

[color="#333399"]Also Sig, show me the light .... who do you support for President ??? (this should be good) :wacko: [/color]

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='bengalrick' post='416921' date='Dec 28 2006, 02:13 PM']he clearly states his goals as wanting to bankrupt the country and make sure that everyone that died in iraq will have died for nothing... he will make sure that we attack a potential problem in the next century (global warming) in exchange for crushing our economy and especially the least fortinate of us (the low class will be hurt the most by any ecomomic slowdown)... he also said he would tax the oil companies, which on the surface seem good, but then you realize that again he wil be "combating" the problem by fucking over people in poverty... do you think a millionaire cares about 5 dollar gas? do you think someone making 20,000 dollars a year does? he will make sure that iraq is the turning point for islamic terrorism and make sure that everyone knows that the way to get your way is to scare the fuck out of your opponents by showing your dedication to your cause and blowing yourself up, while making sure to pass on the torch to your children by teaching them that they will be a martyr for doing so... i love how he choose a place that is literally the definition of what failed liberal policies look like (don't get me wrong, the right is wrong on many things too, but new orleans was and is run by liberals.. blaming anyone else is simply being short sided)...

i do like some of his policies, like cutting oil dependance, incorporating a smart semi-universal health care system (he didn't say that, but that is what i think it should be), help stopping the violence in sudan, and trying to control the poverty levels... problem w/ the later is that most of his other policies contridict helping out the poor so his words are meaningless to anyone looking at them logically... there are worse canidates, but edwards is not the man we need to run this country right now imo...[/quote]

Everyone that died in Iraq already died for nothing - or worse.

Arguing the merits of what Edwards says he will do is an exercise in futility. Edwards will do what he is told, and will be elected or not elected based on what the elite want done. If he is not to be elected, he will not end up looking good enough to make his election believable. Any policy followed under an Edwards policy will be according to what select millionaires and billionaires and their representatives want done.

New Orleans was run the way various powers wanted it run with the face that those powers wanted on it. Ray Nagin answered to Krewe members and such who were by no means liberal.

Guest sigfox77
On a few social issues I would probably tend to agree with Edwards but on the majority I dont. At this point I dont really know who I would support beings that only a few people have thrown their name out there.

God damn .... some people are beyond reason ..... (you are right about that)

4. You all can try and smear Edwards with all this bullshit if you want ..... it won't work on a large scale .... hell Bush's grand daddy built the Nazi War Machine and nobody cared ..... Bush filled his cabinet with Iran Contra criminals, and people didn't even quit sipping their lattes ---- so don't try and jump on the high horse now.

How is smearing someone when all you do is state how they made their fortune and the adverse effect it had the system he was opposing.

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='sigfox77' post='417148' date='Dec 28 2006, 10:47 PM']On a few social issues I would probably tend to agree with Edwards but on the majority I dont. At this point I dont really know who I would support beings that only a few people have thrown their name out there.[/quote]

[b]Nice dodge .... well when you figure out who you will support you come back to me .... and believe me the worst thing I can dig up will be far far far worse than the fact that he worked as a lawyer and won giant settlements against large corporations.

Noone is perfect .... but give me Edward's faults over any of the other candidates .... [/b]

Guest sigfox77
I am not dodging it I am just not sure who I would support at this point. I believe Rudi G. would be a great president and a strong leader. I would probably vote for Rudi although I disagree with his stance on a few social issues. Hell as long as he is well spoken then he will probably be a fantastic leader since that is one the primary qualifications.

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='sigfox77' post='417156' date='Dec 28 2006, 11:02 PM']I believe Rudi G. would be a great president and a strong leader. I would probably vote for Rudi[/quote]

[b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

oh shit .... I thought you were going to give me someone that I would actually have to put some work into when it came to digging up dirt .... He is probably the slimiest of all the GOP candidates and his closet is so full of skeletons they are actually killing each other off to make room.

:crazy: [/b]

Guest Whodey420
If you ask me, Unions are a fucking joke!! And Im a card carrying
member of the local 651 here. They dont do jack shit except gladly
take their dues each week out of your check.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='417157' date='Dec 28 2006, 11:24 PM'][b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]
oh shit .... I thought you were going to give me someone that I would actually have to put some work into when it came to digging up dirt .... He is probably the slimiest of all the GOP candidates and his closet is so full of skeletons they are actually killing each other off to make room.
:crazy: [/b][/quote]
you crack me up, if someone doesnt agree with you they are stupid blind sheep but your blinders are on in full force here. He stands no chance of being president and most likely wont even be the democratic choice. Edwards is a slimeball to everyone but you, and you still havent commented on him ducking the million worth of medicare taxes that would have supported the exact thing that he supposedly stands for in your eyes.

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='whodey319' post='417159' date='Dec 28 2006, 11:37 PM']Edwards is a slimeball to everyone but you[/quote]

[b]Hmm that's interesting .... who would've thought that I am the only one in America who supports Edwards ... hell he doesn't even have the support of his own kids :crazy: poor guy.

Not to mention he leads all polls in the first primary state of IOWA .... and will easily win that primary (you'll see). [/b]

[quote name='whodey319' post='417159' date='Dec 28 2006, 11:37 PM']and you still havent commented on him ducking the million worth of medicare taxes that would have supported the exact thing that he supposedly stands for in your eyes.[/quote]

[b]I haven't seen any viable proof that this even happened ..... you will have to give me some actual credible evidence of this if you want me to give my take on it. [/b]

[quote name='Whodey420' post='417158' date='Dec 28 2006, 11:33 PM']If you ask me, Unions are a fucking joke!! And Im a card carrying
member of the local 651 here. They dont do jack shit except gladly
take their dues each week out of your check.[/quote]
do you work for DHL or UPS or something like that?

not sure where this came from, im guessing ties to Gulianni. Unions are no longer useful for what they were made to do. They became corrupt and useless just like every other large beuracratic group. The industry i work in has taken a huge shift to non union work in an industry that was once almost all union and where non union shops were looked at like uneducated morons that cant get the job done. Now everyone looks at the union shops like that.

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Whodey420' post='417158' date='Dec 28 2006, 11:33 PM']If you ask me, Unions are a fucking joke!! And Im a card carrying
member of the local 651 here.[/quote]

[b]Then why the hell are you part of a union if you don't support it ???? :wacko: [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='417161' date='Dec 28 2006, 11:40 PM'][b]Hmm that's interesting .... who would've thought that I am the only one in America who supports Edwards ... hell he doesn't even have the support of his own kids :crazy: poor guy.

Not to mention he leads all polls in the first primary state of IOWA .... and will easily win that primary (you'll see). [/b]
[b]I haven't seen any viable proof that this even happened ..... you will have to give me some actual credible evidence of this if you want me to give my take on it. [/b][/quote]
heres the article, you cant read it unless your a member and you cant copy and paste off their website. you may be able to read the first couple paragraphs but im not sure

[url="http://users2.wsj.com/lmda/do/checkLogin?mg=wsj-users2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB108967570582861859.html"]http://users2.wsj.com/lmda/do/checkLogin?m...0582861859.html[/url]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='whodey319' post='417164' date='Dec 28 2006, 11:44 PM']heres the article, you cant read it unless your a member and you cant copy and paste off their website. you may be able to read the first couple paragraphs but im not sure

[url="http://users2.wsj.com/lmda/do/checkLogin?mg=wsj-users2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB108967570582861859.html"]http://users2.wsj.com/lmda/do/checkLogin?m...0582861859.html[/url][/quote]

[b]I can't read it without paying the WSJ their fees for "enlightenment" [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/37.gif[/img] [/b]

Guest Whodey420
Nope, weld for Crane-Fiat-Sanymetal.
And to answer your ? BJ it's a prerequisite for employment
at the place. In other words if you want a job there
you must be willing to join the union. Trust me I'm looking
elsewhere.

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Whodey420' post='417167' date='Dec 28 2006, 11:48 PM']BJ it's a prerequisite for employment at the place. In other words if you want a job there
you must be willing to join the union. Trust me I'm looking elsewhere.[/quote]

[b]So basically ... you CHOOSE TO BE PART OF A UNION ..... because you CHOOSE to work there ... ???

just checking [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='417165' date='Dec 28 2006, 11:47 PM'][b]I can't read it without paying the WSJ their fees for "enlightenment" [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/37.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]
here is a paragraph from another website that links to wall street journal

WASHINGTON -- Sen. John Edwards got through last Thursday night's debate in Los Angeles, as he has his entire presidential campaign, without being asked an embarrassing question. How can he explain setting up a dummy corporation to avoid paying an estimated $290,000 in Medicare taxes in the two years before he ran for the Senate? It would be an embarrassing question for a self-described populist inveighing against privileges for the rich and powerful.

and here is another one

Edwards was criticized for paying himself mostly through subchapter S corporate dividends, rather than a salary, to take advantage of a tax-law loophole that allowed him to avoid paying $591,000 in Medicare taxes; Edwards claimed that he chose the subchapter S structure to protect his assets from liability.[2]

this is a guy worth an estimated 60 million and he set up dummy companies to avoid paying 600000 worth of taxes that help poor people with healthcare

I like Edwards but the Dems lost their best chance at a canidate that not only could win but actually do good with the republicans and get good work done as he did here in VA when Mark Warner bowed out, (due to what was probabally having to play by the 'who gets to run this time' rules)

Warner would have been the right man for the job at the right time and has the chops for the job.

Guest Whodey420
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='417171' date='Dec 28 2006, 11:49 PM'][b]So basically ... you CHOOSE TO BE PART OF A UNION ..... because you CHOOSE to work there ... ???

just checking [/b][/quote]
That's kind of like you choosing to breathe polluted air. Do you like breathing polluted air? Of course
not but you breathe it anyways dont you?
Yeah I choose to work there because I like to eat, be able to make my house payments etc etc etc.
I had no choice to join this useless piece of shit called the "Union".
Have you ever had a union job? Im guessing no because if you did you'd know what I'm
talking about when I say their a joke.

Whodey319 I wish it was UPS. The local 651 bends over backwards for those guys.
They dont do shit for us.

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Whodey420' post='417181' date='Dec 29 2006, 12:00 AM']That's kind of like you choosing to breathe polluted air. Yeah I choose to work there because I like to eat, be able to make my house payments[/quote]

[b]wow ... I didn't know that taking a particular job where there is a union is as essential as breathing ... so that was the only place in town that you could work ??? who knew ?[/b]

[quote name='Whodey420' post='417181' date='Dec 29 2006, 12:00 AM']Have you ever had a union job? Im guessing no because if you did you'd know what I'm
talking about when I say their a joke.[/quote]

[b]Yes I have .... and yes they were great. I loved the fact that I had Union protection ... and their services came in handy several times for me, the benefits were also excellent. [/b]

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='whodey319' post='417173' date='Dec 28 2006, 11:50 PM']It would be an embarrassing question for a self-described populist inveighing against privileges for the rich and powerful.

Edwards claimed that he chose the subchapter S structure to protect his assets from liability.[2][/quote]

[b]Not sure .... I am not that informed about tax policy and what exactly these things are (I will look them up though). Also I would add that this was 2 years before he joined the Senate .... so we are talking about 10 years ago or so .... so who knows ...

maybe he took a tax shelter ... maybe he was protecting his assets .... either way it doesn't change the fact that he is the only candidate that even comes close to the kind of populism this country needs right now .... so I will take him with his accompanying faults if I have too. And trust me every other candidate has many many worse things about them .... Hell Rudy has a terror attack everywhere he goes ..... he was also in London the day of their subway bombing on 7/7 ... but hey maybe it is just a cowinkydink :whistle: [/b]

Archived