The Edward R. Murrow of our time ..... = Keith Olbermann

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='#22' post='426317' date='Jan 13 2007, 03:48 AM']Olberman has actually gotten pretty pretentious. He had some good points last year, but he is trying too hard to be Murrow these days.[/quote]
why? the man has a conscience, which is more than can be said for most in the media these days, unfortunately. and thank goodness he dares to put it to good use. it sure does stand in contrast to what others seem to consider news/comment.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='426377' date='Jan 13 2007, 08:39 AM']Olbermann's starting to wear thin with me. His bias has gotten to the point where it is offensive.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Playa-hater !!!![/b][/color]

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Bunghole' post='426377' date='Jan 13 2007, 08:39 AM']His bias[/quote]

[b]Is there any other issue where someone should be bias ???

We are talking about the sacrificial offering of young Americans for corporate profit ....

all issues don't have two equal and opposing rational sides to them ....

if we were watching a discussion during slavery in the US .... would you have expected a fair and balanced view and why Slaves also enjoyed their time shackled in the barn ??? :rolleyes: [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='426479' date='Jan 13 2007, 01:17 PM'][b]Is there any other issue where someone should be bias ???

We are talking about the sacrificial offering of young Americans for corporate profit ....

all issues don't have two equal and opposing rational sides to them ....

if we were watching a discussion during slavery in the US .... would you have expected a fair and balanced view and why Slaves also enjoyed their time shackled in the barn ??? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
What I meant is that I'm tired of the popularity of these editorializng schmoes on every major news network (Olbermann, O'Reilly, Tucker Carlson and his bowtie, etc) that simply trot their biases out on stage for viewers to either agree or disagree with.
Anymore, I want news reported simply and as factually as possible, with no insertion of bias).

Keith is not objective – listen to commentators like Tom Brokaw and Tim Russert who, while they may agree with the need to reduce troops or may agree with some other approach, they provide an unemotional, rationale position unlike Keith who uses superlatives and “facts” not based on any fact but a compilation of rumors, innuendo and guesses.

I 'm tired of wasting my time listening to or reading extremists on either side of an issue. I’ve got too many other things to do with my time. I do enjoy listening to and reading educated folks who provide rationale, unemotional discussions on issues and don’t try to sway me but try to educate me. Keith falls way short.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='426500' date='Jan 13 2007, 02:01 PM'][center][img]http://tingilinde.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/soledad.jpg[/img][/center][/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Soledad O'Brien is a hottie.[/b][/color]

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Bunghole' post='426498' date='Jan 13 2007, 01:55 PM']Anymore, I want news reported simply and as factually as possible, with no insertion of bias).[/quote]

[b] :contract: Then listen to CSpan or NPR

Olbermann is a self described commentator .... he even calls these his "Special comment" .... they are an editorial ... not a reporting of news. [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='426507' date='Jan 13 2007, 02:09 PM'][b] :contract: Then listen to CSpan or NPR
Olbermann is a self described commentator .... he even calls these his "Special comment" .... they are an editorial ... not a reporting of news. [/b][/quote]
I try to, but the wife is hooked on these "special report" shows, so they're always droning in the background no matter what I'm doing. I'll hear bits and pieces of Chris Matthews, Keith, O'Reilly, Carlson, Blitzer, etc until they all merge into painful white noise.
I guess I have to either kill my wife or destroy my television.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='426515' date='Jan 13 2007, 02:22 PM']I try to, but the wife is hooked on these "special report" shows, so they're always droning in the background no matter what I'm doing. I'll hear bits and pieces of Chris Matthews, Keith, O'Reilly, Carlson, Blitzer, etc until they all merge into painful white noise.
[b]I guess I have to either kill my wife or destroy my television.[/b][/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]What, are you crazy? You know how expensive televisions are now a days?[/b][/color]

:ninja:

[quote name='ONYX' post='426519' date='Jan 13 2007, 02:32 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]What, are you crazy? You know how expensive televisions are now a days?[/b][/color]
:ninja:[/quote]
:lol:
I need to upgrade to an HD set anyways.....
Maybe I can kill my wife [i]with[/i] the TV....hmmmmmm......it does weigh about 250lbs.....

[quote name='Bunghole' post='426557' date='Jan 13 2007, 04:07 PM']......it does weigh about 250lbs.....[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Your wife or the television set ?[/b][/color] :blink:

[quote name='ONYX' post='426559' date='Jan 13 2007, 04:11 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Your wife or the television set ?[/b][/color] :blink:
Ha. My wife's 100 lbs soaking wet, with firm, perky little breasts and the ass of a 14 year old boy.....

[quote name='Bunghole' post='426562' date='Jan 13 2007, 04:14 PM']Ha. My wife's 100 lbs soaking wet, with firm, perky little breasts [b]and the ass of a 14 year old boy.....[/b] :ninja:[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Bunghole' post='426562' date='Jan 13 2007, 04:14 PM']Ha. My wife's 100 lbs soaking wet, with firm, perky little breasts and the ass of a 14 year old boy.....

[b]ass pic ?

:whistle: [/b]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='426580' date='Jan 13 2007, 04:55 PM'][img]http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/2117/pickof5.jpg[/img][/quote]

:lol:

[color="#FF0000"][b]Hey, I used to have one of those "Black Power Fist" pics when I was a kid.
My dad Coy used to take me to those Black Panther rallies all the time.

Oh........ those were the good old days. :wub:

The kids played "pin the tail on the honkey" and we would watch our father's
play the official African-American sport.[/b][/color]

[quote name='ONYX' post='426583' date='Jan 13 2007, 05:03 PM']:lol:

[color="#FF0000"][b]The kids played "pin the tail on the honkey" and[size=4] we would watch our father's
play the official African-American sport[/size].[/b][/color]

Fucking white she-devils?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='426587' date='Jan 13 2007, 05:08 PM']Fucking white she-devils?[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]No, that's the official African-American male agenda.

Bowling, is the official sport. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img] [/b][/color]

[quote name='ONYX' post='426590' date='Jan 13 2007, 05:11 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]No, that's the official African-American male agenda.

Bowling, is the official sport. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img] [/b][/color][/quote]
Well this thread got hijacked.....but became something beautiful, as well as a learning experience for me.
Where can I get my Parker Brothers version of "Pin The Tail On The Honkey"?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='426595' date='Jan 13 2007, 05:43 PM']Well this thread got hijacked.....but became something beautiful, as well as a learning experience for me.
Where can I get my Parker Brothers version of "Pin The Tail On The Honkey"?[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]It's sold at most black barbershops and at poney kegs in high crime low income
black communities.[/b][/color]

[quote name='ONYX' post='426596' date='Jan 13 2007, 05:49 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]It's sold at most black barbershops and at poney kegs in high crime low income
black communities.[/b][/color][/quote]
Sweet. It's going to be a hit at the all-white retirement homes.....look out Bingo!

Archived