Command and Conquer 3

[url="http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/11635/Command_and_Conquer_3_Ready_For_Launch.html"]http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/11635...For_Launch.html[/url]

[img]http://media.gameworldnetwork.com/news_shots/36235376445f5a14f835f2.jpg[/img]

Command & Conquer 3 Ready For Launch!

Home : News : Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars : News Story

View All (22)View All (6)

C&C 3: Tiberium Wars goes gold ahead of its official launch on March 30th.

Earlier today EA Los Angeles announced that the highly anticipated Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars PC title has officially gone gold ready for its retail release on March 30th. If you have somehow managed to miss what the game is all about we can help (for the rest of you, just rest easy knowing it will be here soon enough!)

“Fast and fluid gameplay, a breakthrough single player campaign, the ability to transform online battles into a spectator sport, next-generation graphics, and an epic story with full-motion video sequences featuring top Hollywood talent, mark the return of the genre-defining Command & Conquer series.”

EA recently unleashed a free demo for the game which you can download here, it contains “one tutorial mission, two single player missions featuring live action video sequences, one skirmish map with varying difficulty settings, and one live action trailer montage” – more than enough to get your juices flowing!

Not convinced? Then why not check out our demo review here, or our in-depth preview here, to help make your mind up. Of course you can also expect a full review of the title come launch time, so make sure you stick with GWN for that!

Looks pretty cool.

Guest BengalsOwn
I've been waiting for this game for 4 years now.

I am in the process of building a new computer capable of playing the game. Should be ready this weekend. A few of my friends have played the demo (we used to spend hours upon hours playing Red Alert 2 and Generals way back in the day), and they have all said that it is pretty awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Yeah, for whatever reason, I can't get into PC games. I've been playing consoles almost all my life, so that is what I'm used to. C&C will be a great game for both PC and 360. Was just hoping that it would be releasing on the console at the same time as the PC.

side note, is this one of the titles that will allow people to interact between PC and 360? Microsoft has promised this for a while now. It's about time they come through on the promise.

Guest steggyD
I just downloaded and played the demo. I think I like it. I'm definitely buying the game. We all gotta meet up online and play a game or two when it comes out. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img]

[quote name='steggyD' post='458210' date='Mar 17 2007, 10:56 PM']I just downloaded and played the demo. I think I like it. I'm definitely buying the game. We all gotta meet up online and play a game or two when it comes out. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img][/quote]

you may also want to simultaneously launch a mens divorce support group.

Guest CincyInDC
[quote name='GoBengals' post='458224' date='Mar 18 2007, 12:25 AM']you may also want to simultaneously launch a mens divorce support group.[/quote]

I know people who had that problem with WoW. sad, sad.

Guest steggyD
I just played an entire demo skirmish ... finally ... lack of free time. Anyway, awesome! I love these units. The effects from the Ion cannon is nice! Must get this game.

Guest steggyD
I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, guys. Don't get too good without me, now ... Hell, I might even go pick it up now, if I can get my lazy ass out to Best Buy. Or maybe I'll buy it online and dl it. Although, I like to have a physical copy with the book and all.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='whodey319' post='464114' date='Mar 29 2007, 09:50 AM']i didnt get home til 930 last night, installed it and played until i was asleep at my desk chair at 1[/quote]

I got a good 4 hours last night as well.

This game is so similar to the Command and Conquer that I grew up playing. I love it.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='whodey319' post='464291' date='Mar 29 2007, 02:04 PM']definately worth the money people.

If you have the game list your screen name so we can get a go-bengals brawl going[/quote]

I think my name is shaunatk2, it may be a while before I feel I am ready to play online though.

mine is whodey319

and has it been confirmed that PC can play against 360? Im in the mood to own some 360 gamers, shouldnt even be close. And if this is true, god help any 360 owner if a FPS becomes available that is interchangeable. It will be a video game massacre.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='steggyD' post='457918' date='Mar 17 2007, 12:13 AM']Holy shit, if they allow interaction between PC and 360, the PC players are gonna pwn you console bitches. It's on now![/quote]

I wouldn't bet on it. The first person shooter that's supposed to allow consolers and pcers to face off has all sorts of lame cheats and training wheels for the console to level the playing field. There will probably be a bunch of that in all the cross platform games.

[quote name='mongoloido' post='464714' date='Mar 30 2007, 09:59 AM']I wouldn't bet on it. The first person shooter that's supposed to allow consolers and pcers to face off has all sorts of lame cheats and training wheels for the console to level the playing field. There will probably be a bunch of that in all the cross platform games.[/quote]
that ruins all the fun. The best 360 gamer would get destroyed by a halfway decent PC gamer

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='whodey319' post='464744' date='Mar 30 2007, 11:16 AM']that ruins all the fun. The best 360 gamer would get destroyed by a halfway decent PC gamer[/quote]

Very true. Shadowrun is the game I read about. They're giving some auto-aim help to the console version.

Archived