Halo 3 Beta

[quote name='mongoloido' post='490094' date='May 23 2007, 02:05 PM']If I were a 360 owner, I'd be much more excited about the release of Bioshock in August than the Halo 3 release in September (for that matter, I'd be more geeked about the HalfLife 2 Orange release than Halo 3 too). Bioshock is going to knock your socks off.... Might soil your shorts if you play in the dark too. :)[/quote]

there are so many great games coming out in August/September for the 360 that it will probably break me. I can't wait. Especially for Assassin's Creed. If it lives up to its billing, it will completely revolutionalize gaming.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='WD40' post='490248' date='May 23 2007, 05:58 PM']there are so many great games coming out in August/September for the 360 that it will probably break me. I can't wait. Especially for Assassin's Creed. If it lives up to its billing, it will completely revolutionalize gaming.[/quote]

Revolutionize is a bit strong, but it has promise.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='490524' date='May 24 2007, 11:54 AM']Forza 2 comes out on tuesday. Its going to be sweet.[/quote]
BORING!

[quote name='mongoloido' post='490278' date='May 23 2007, 06:34 PM']Revolutionize is a bit strong, but it has promise.[/quote]

A game where you can truly interact with every bit of your surroundings would not revolutionalize the way games are now? How many games have made that promise and come up short? this one probably will, too. But if it works, then it will forever be the benchmark for future games. Don't know about you, but that is my definition of revolutionary.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='WD40' post='490681' date='May 24 2007, 04:20 PM']A game where you can truly interact with every bit of your surroundings would not revolutionalize the way games are now? How many games have made that promise and come up short? this one probably will, too. But if it works, then it will forever be the benchmark for future games. Don't know about you, but that is my definition of revolutionary.[/quote]

I haven't seen or read anything about levels of interactivity never before seen in gaming. Interaction with NPCs and the environment is the norm of modern gaming, not the exception. Actions like wall climbing are nice, but common. Terms like "social stealth" are used, but they just don't mean much. In the end it's the same thing as running far enough away from the enemy for it to forget about you, except you achieve this by running into a crowd and walking instead of running around a corner and hiding. They will be nice, immersive tidbits to help the atmosphere of the game, but none of it is revolutionary.

Don't get me wrong, I think it sounds like a fun game. I just don't think it will revolutionize anything.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='490767' date='May 24 2007, 09:04 PM']I wouldnt expect you to understand. :pointlaff:[/quote]
well i wont cut of my penis to think on your level :ninja:

Archived