Gary Majewski update

CTA513

I don't know if anyone cares or not, but this is from the Columbus Dispatch:

[quote]But here's the shocker: The best news for the Reds yesterday wasn't Homer Bailey's 5 1/3 innings of one-hit ball in the Bats' 6-5 win over the Clippers but rather Majewski's 1 1/3 innings of zeroes in relief.

"I'm back to normal," Majewski said.

Majewski looked so much like the guy the Reds thought they had traded for, throwing fastballs in the low 90s and striking out two, that it suddenly seemed plausible that this nasty little Cincinnati tale might have a happy ending.

Majewski's performance followed a 1 2/3 -inning, no-hit, four-strikeout performance Sunday against the Clippers and two previous one-inning, no-run efforts after a 10-day bereavement absence because of the death of his 19-year-old sister in an ATV accident.

Majewski also was pitching well before that -- if you take away his one bad outing, a 2/3 -inning, six-run job April 20. He has a 1.17 ERA in his other 14 appearances.

"I feel like he's back," Louisville manager Rick Sweet said. "Last year, he had no life at all on anything he threw. His arm was dead. He couldn't throw every day. He wasn't right."

Source: [url="http://columbusdispatch.com/dispatch/content/sports/stories/2007/05/23/hunter0523.ART_ART_05-23-07_C1_LN6Q0L3.html"]http://columbusdispatch.com/dispatch/conte...C1_LN6Q0L3.html[/url][/quote]

Hes pitched pretty good in AAA except for the one game on April 20th when he gave up 6 runs on 5 hits in 2/3rds of an inning.

May stats: 6 Innings, 1 Hit, 0 Runs, 2 BB, 7 K

*Now watch him get lit up in his next appearance after I posted this.

Guest CincyInDC
[quote name='CTA513' post='490140' date='May 23 2007, 03:15 PM']I don't know if anyone cares or not, but this is from the Columbus Dispatch:

Hes pitched pretty good in AAA except for the one game on April 20th when he gave up 6 runs on 5 hits in 2/3rds of an inning.

May stats: 6 Innings, 1 Hit, 0 Runs, 2 BB, 7 K

*Now watch him get lit up in his next appearance after I posted this.[/quote]

[cross fingers]

[quote name='WD40' post='490261' date='May 23 2007, 06:13 PM']what are we waiting for? Bring him up. He is no worse then the stable full of dead arms the Reds have now.[/quote]

If they bring him up they would probably send down one of the younger guys who are pitching good instead of sending down or cutting one of the guys who are doing shitty.

Archived