Homer Bailey

j.5000022

I see no reason at all at this point to not bring him up and attempt to showcase his talent so fans will continue to buy tickets for a shitty team.
That, and Josh Hamilton will be off the DL soon.
I'm serious, if Griff continues his healthy streak, Hamilton is Hamilton, our top 3 starters keep it up and our bullpen simply finds ways NOT to lose games, then we could be a contender for .500 baseball by season's end.
Seriously.
8-8.
We love this shit.
:shakesfist:

Guest Claptonrocks

[quote name='Bunghole' post='492184' date='May 28 2007, 10:20 PM']I see no reason at all at this point to not bring him up and attempt to showcase his talent so fans will continue to buy tickets for a shitty team.
That, and Josh Hamilton will be off the DL soon.
I'm serious, if Griff continues his healthy streak, Hamilton is Hamilton, our top 3 starters keep it up and our bullpen simply finds ways NOT to lose games, then we could be a contender for .500 baseball by season's end.
Seriously.
8-8.
We love this shit.
:shakesfist:[/quote]
you better be happy if this team even comes close to 70 games....
My thinking is that this garbage the Reds call a team will lose in excess of 100 this season.

[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='492250' date='May 29 2007, 02:20 AM']you better be happy if this team even comes close to 70 games....
My thinking is that this garbage the Reds call a team will lose in excess of 100 this season.[/quote]

I dont get why everyone thinks this team is such garbage...Dunn is on pace to hit like 50 homers even though he'll prob bat like .250, hamilton should be a leading contender for ROY, griffey is playing like an all star, we have two aces even though they are stuggling a tad, and the rest of the team is no worse then the team we fielded last year that won 80 games. I cant wait till the reds go on a hot streak and win like 10 of 12 or something so everyone will shut up for a least a little while about this team.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='492320' date='May 29 2007, 10:15 AM']I dont get why everyone thinks this team is such garbage...Dunn is on pace to hit like 50 homers even though he'll prob bat like .250, hamilton should be a leading contender for ROY, griffey is playing like an all star, we have two aces even though they are stuggling a tad, and the rest of the team is no worse then the team we fielded last year that won 80 games. I cant wait till the reds go on a hot streak and win like 10 of 12 or something so everyone will shut up for a least a little while about this team.[/quote]

While this team completed a 2-6 homestand against lowly WSH and PIT, the Reds are somehow only 9.5 games behind MIL for 1st place. The NL Central division as a whole has been MIGHTILY struggling. The Brewers have lost 6 in a row and the Astros (who the Reds start a 3 game series against tonight) have lost 8 in a row. Honestly, the Reds are lucky they aren't 20 games back given Milwaukee's hot start but luckily they have cooled off considerably. Shit the Reds are only 4½ games out of second. Considering there are still 110 games to go in the season, I'm not going to lose hope...not yet at least.

W L Pct. GB Streak
Milwaukee 28 23 .549 -- Lost 6
Chicago Cubs 22 27 .449 5 Lost 2
pissburgh 22 28 .440 5½ Lost 1
Houston 21 29 .420 6½ Lost 8
St. Louis 20 28 .417 6½ Lost 2
[color="#FF0000"]Cincinnati 19 33 .365 9½ Won 1[/color]

I think Freel getting injured might actually help the team unfortunately, not in a sense that he wont be playing or that someone better will be, but in a sense that maybe it inspired the team in the way. Maybe it showed the team that there was a player or players that are giving 110% everytime they stop on the field and it is time for them to give the same effort that freel does day in and day out. I guess one can always hope right?

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='492320' date='May 29 2007, 10:15 AM']I dont get why everyone thinks this team is such garbage...[b]Dunn is on pace to hit like 50 homers even though he'll prob bat like .250, hamilton should be a leading contender for ROY, griffey is playing like an all star, we have two aces even though they are stuggling a tad, and the rest of the team is no worse then the team we fielded last year that won 80 games.[/b] I cant wait till the reds go on a hot streak and win like 10 of 12 or something so everyone will shut up for a least a little while about this team.[/quote]

you just made the best case for Narron to be fired.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='492377' date='May 29 2007, 01:33 PM']you just made the best case for Narron to be fired.[/quote]

Which I would be 100% behind if they get a suitable replacement like Girardi or something.

Hell, bring back pete rose!!

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='492320' date='May 29 2007, 10:15 AM']I dont get why everyone thinks this team is such garbage...Dunn is on pace to hit like 50 homers even though he'll prob bat like .250, hamilton should be a leading contender for ROY, griffey is playing like an all star, we have two aces even though they are stuggling a tad, and the rest of the team is no worse then the team we fielded last year that won 80 games. I cant wait till the reds go on a hot streak and win like 10 of 12 or something so everyone will shut up for a least a little while about this team.[/quote]
You forgot Brandon Phillips who is quietly putting up stud #s. The offense is there when the pitching isnt and the pitching is there when the defense isnt. This team has luck on its bad side right now. They could go on a 10 game winning streak and follow it up with a 10 game losing streak and it wouldnt be odd. They just dont have good chemistry and arent consistent and they have no leader or manager.

Archived