2-6 record....

[quote name='Patmo' post='589288' date='Nov 8 2007, 02:47 PM']One winning season in the last 19 years . There's your answer.It's the whole Bengal structure.The Brown family doesn't know how to run an NFL franchise.[/quote]

But over the previous 4 seasons we won a division title and had the 12th best record in the league.

Let go of the 90's. They are gone. This is a different team. This is a team that lost more starters for more games than any team in the league last year; played the 2nd toughest shedule in the entire league; and still just missed the playoffs because of a couple of fluke plays by our kicking team.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='589392' date='Nov 8 2007, 04:08 PM']that doesnt REALLY make sense... but i guess [i]all things considered[/i]... it was decent... :shrug:[/quote]
Sure it makes sense. Allow me to explain:

I mentioned that calling someone "retarded" was a personal attack.
You said that you are "offended" that I would consider it an attack, then proceeded to imply that "mentally disabled" people would find it offensive (by sarcastically saying they would appreciate the negativity).
Therefore, if you admit to being offended by the same thing that would offend a "mentally disabled" person, it could be said that you are admitting to being "mentally disabled" yourself, or at least you are admitting to share similar qualities of social awareness and perception with the previously mentioned "mentally disabled".

:thwack1:

I won't personally attack Bengal 8580, but I will make a general statement.

Anyone who thinks that injuries don't effect a teams performance is retarded.

Anyone who disagrees with me just go to Vegas and talk to the people who make a living from football betting. Tell them to ignore the injury reports when setting the line or making a bet. Then come back and tell me their reaction.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='589399' date='Nov 8 2007, 03:13 PM']But over the previous 4 seasons we won a division title and had the 12th best record in the league.

Let go of the 90's. They are gone. This is a different team. This is a team that lost more starters for more games than any team in the league last year; played the 2nd toughest shedule in the entire league; and still just missed the playoffs because of a couple of fluke plays by our kicking team.[/quote]

This team is even more frustrating than the 90s because it [i]should[/i] be better. And why are we talking about last season to make ourselves feel better? All I know is 2-6. And last season wasn't so great when you look at the 3 losses to end it.

[quote name='Actium' post='589404' date='Nov 8 2007, 04:17 PM']And why are we talking about last season to make ourselves feel better?[/quote]

Why does everyone bring up the nineties to prove how DOOMED we are? The Patriots sucked in the early 90's. That has nothing to do with how they play now.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='589431' date='Nov 8 2007, 04:47 PM']Why does everyone bring up the nineties to prove how DOOMED we are? The Patriots sucked in the early 90's. That has nothing to do with how they play now.[/quote]
You mean the four Super Bowls the steelers won in the '70s didn't help them win Super Bowl XL?
I could've sworn the tv stations told me otherwise in the week before the game...

ever since palmer got cheap shotted in the playoffs by kimo and the rest of those damn people in shitsburg,

from that point on we have been handed nothing but a pile of hot shit in the form of injuries, suspensions, and a nazi

commish who is out to get us and wants nothing better then to screw us over with stupid shit. i am suprised that the whole

damn team hasn't just died in a marshall-like plane crash or something

[quote name='bengalsfan850' post='589439' date='Nov 8 2007, 03:55 PM']ever since palmer got cheap shotted in the playoffs by kimo and the rest of those damn people in shitsburg,

from that point on we have been handed nothing but a pile of hot shit in the form of injuries, suspensions, and a nazi

commish who is out to get us and wants nothing better then to screw us over with stupid shit. i am suprised that the whole

damn team hasn't just died in a marshall-like plane crash or something[/quote]

I was thinking, the real turning point for this team was the last time we beat the Steelers. After that, we were 3-0, but then we had all those arrests following it, and the team fell apart and never really recovered.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='589399' date='Nov 8 2007, 05:13 PM']But over the previous 4 seasons we won a division title and had the 12th best record in the league.

Let go of the 90's. They are gone. This is a different team. This is a team that lost more starters for more games than any team in the league last year; played the 2nd toughest shedule in the entire league; and still just missed the playoffs because of a couple of fluke plays by our kicking team.[/quote]

Fred,
No one can argue with you about injuries and scheduling because you're right.However,you brought up the 90's.Again,that's fair.But I wasn't referring to the 90's but to the time that Mike took over the club which goes back to the early 80's.Again,I say it's his method of operation that's the root of the problem.

Again,you are right about making the playoffs in 2005.However you neglect to mention that the '05 schedule was soft.

Archived