7 Billionth Post on Rudi and TJ signings

ML's one consistent phrase since he got here has been...doesn't matter who you are...your performance dictates playing time and your future with this team.

And he's shown that to be true. Replacing injured players with rookies. And then staying with them when they played well. The second thing I liked is that he has rewarded those who have played well....Rudi fills in, new contract...TJ plays well, new contract.

It's a positive message to send to players within the team, but more importantly...acts as a huge incentive package IMO. Put up some numbers, work hard and you will be taken care of.

I can't help but think that this is a kick in the ass for Washington and to a lesser degree Warrick. Those guys can bitch all they want about playing time and contracts etc. (not saying they have) but bottom line...ML has shown he doesn't really have any favourites and that your onfield performance dictates your playing time and future with this team.

these last three years have been huge steps for our team, where for years we had lard asses like Francis just collecting pay cheques and knowing they were guaranteed a roster spot due to their high draft status.

What's this all aboot?
I'm wearing armour of the colour silver...i wrote a cheque for it...

Just ribbin's ya like Keith was...honestly your post is right on.
I love the message that Marvin sends to his team. And you're right about shitwads from the past like Francis...but that was a different time when malaise infected every level of the Bengals organization...
I laugh now when I think back to how excited we were when Jeff Blake "burst" upon the scene and won us a couple of games...and sold a lot of "shake and blake" t-shirts...we were so utterly pathetic in those years...
The good news is that the listing ship is righted and is about to steam into The Glory Seas under the guidance of Admiral Lewis...
I am elated at the rudi signing and I trust that Marvin has a master plan for the defense...we've got nowhere to go but up from here...I can't realistically see us losing more than 6 games next year...and I would be very disappointed if we did...
:D

Archived