• Tim Tebow
    • Chase Daniel
    • Darren Mcfadden
    • Dennis Dixon
    • Colt Brennan
    • Glenn Dorsey
    • James Laurinaitis
    • Pat White

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='606963' date='Dec 10 2007, 07:45 AM']Let me preface the whole Heisman thing with this... I'm not a fan of the award to start with. Either you give to the best player or you don't. Seems like every year it is tied to that player's teams record, etc.

Having said that - I look at in the light that where is Arkansas without Darren McFadden? Where is Florida without Tim Tebow?

I think Arkansas is probably 2-3 games worse without him. Florida might, and I mean might, lose one more without Tebow.

Maybe I judge the award differently than others do though. I do like Darren McFadden and no doubt Tebow has better stats than McFadden but I like to view the award as how much impact did the player have for his team?

A lot of Tebow's TD runs were short yardage and a RB can do that. I'm not trying to take away from Tebow - I just don't like to hear all the talking heads spout about his 20+ TD runs... When they're 10-12 yds+ that is something. When they're 2-3 yard qb sneaks, not impressed much.

I guess people voting on it have different criteria for how they vote. Just flat out best player, or best player on a winning team, or best stats, or which teams makes his that much better, etc.

I guess I shouldn't have said robbed as they were both really equally deserving.[/quote]

Understandable, you think of it as more of an MVP award. In that light I'd probably vote Brennan over McFadden. Arkansas DOES have Felix Jones, who will be more than capable carrying the workload next season for the Hogs, and in some games outshined McFadden this season.

I agree with you, though, that they should be unbiased. I mean if it's given to the "Most Outstanding player in college football" it shouldn't be dependant on class or record. And the criteria seems to change every year.

Archived