First Concert Ever

Guest mongoloido

Guest steggyD
[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' date='Mar 25 2005, 03:29 PM']I love the oldschool metallica. Wasnt that around the ride the lightning album? Great album.
[right][post="67434"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I saw them whent they toured with Korn and System of a Down a few years back. They still seem to play mainly the old school stuff. I guess they figured out that that was their only good music. Master of Puppets rocks!!!

[quote name='steggyD' date='Mar 25 2005, 02:31 PM']I saw them whent they toured with Korn and System of a Down a few years back. They still seem to play mainly the old school stuff. I guess they figured out that that was their only good music. Master of Puppets rocks!!!
[right][post="67437"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Thats one of my favs... I like, in order, And Justice for all, Black, Master of Puppets. They all truly rock though... I love "One" My older brother used to play it with his guitar CONSTANTLY. He always was extremely good though. Played everything by ear.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Mar 25 2005, 03:22 PM']I saw Metalica before they became "popular" ...they opened up
for Ozzy...it is in 86 (I think) at Riverbend. That was 1 helluva concert ! :049:
[right][post="67430"][/post][/right][/quote]

Metallica was popular... just not "Market" Popular.

i would have loved to see them with Cliff... One of the best Bass players EVER...

well besides Claypool

Best Concert...

Man... Korn's Syck and Twysted Tour...Staind opened up, they had just released Dysfunction. That was the loudest arena tour ever ( Look it up)

Close Second would be Staind and CoLd... or Sevendust live at Ziggy's. Soil opened for them...

My favorite Concert I ever played was when we opened for Dope. That was phatty, and they were the coolest mother fuckers i've ever shared a stage with...

Guest BengalsOwn
I've only been to one concert in my life, and that was Creed a few years ago.

It was alright I guess.

I'm not much of a concert goer.

Guest BengalBacker
My first concert was Arlo Guthrie at Hara Arena. I was about 11, so it was around 1970, maybe a little later. It was actually very good. Of course an Arlo concert was as much story telling as music. He did a version of Alice's Restaurant about a multi colored rainbow roach. Good memories.

Growing up in the early 70's when hippies ruled was definitely a different experience than when most of you grew up.

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Mar 26 2005, 04:08 AM']My first concert was Arlo Guthrie at Hara Arena. I was about 11, so it was around 1970, maybe a little later. It was actually very good. Of course an Arlo concert was as much story telling as music. He did a version of Alice's Restaurant about a multi colored rainbow roach. Good memories.

Growing up in the early 70's when hippies ruled was definitely a different experience than when most of you grew up.
[right][post="67676"][/post][/right][/quote]

I've seen Arlo Guthrie.

Was probably about 10 years ago.

I had heard going in that he didn't do Alice's Restaurant anymore, but it was something like the 25th aniversary of the Masacree, so he did it. Good times. :lol:

Guy's entertaining as hell.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Mar 25 2005, 12:58 PM']WTF?
Was the staff trying to "lift" the venue?
?
[right][post="67411"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

We were clueless. We just stood there in shock for about 5 minutes. The only thing we could think of is that maybe their were security issues we didn't know about.
I was fine with it though because he sucked without Johnny Marr.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' date='Mar 25 2005, 01:06 PM']Maybe he should have thought of that BEFORE HE SCHEDULED A SHOW THERE. 

What a dick.  That's worse than when Axl Rose walked off the stage because he cut his hand.  At least Axl was in some kind of physical pain.
[right][post="67412"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

It was at Riverbend and he was Morrissey. How could the venue be too heavy?

#1. The Smiths (and Morrisey) suck. He is an arrogant racist, and I would kill him if I ever saw him.
#2. First show ever, Crosby Stills and Nash. Crosby didn't sing the whole time b/c he only had 1/3 of a liver. It was still pretty good though.
I think it was CS+N (still have the Wooden Ships T-Shirt), but it may have been John Prine. Good stuff either way.
#3. Best concert ever was probably the Parliament Funkadelic. It was pretty cool, to say the least

Archived