The bullpen...

Guest Claptonrocks

Guest Claptonrocks
the Reds have made the attempt to strengthen the bullpen during the offseason and on paper have made good on it..
With the relievers they now have its important to give them a role and let them become comfortable in it..
Right now I'd use them this way:
situational hitters ( left handers) Mercker..
Long relief...Weathers, Acevado ( these guys can throw alot of pitches as they've been starters before..
7th inning...Weber comes in and holds leads..
8th inning... Wagner holds lead ( could wind up closing)
9th inning ...Graves closes...
Valentine could be a sleeper ..With his fastball he's more the closer type than Graves..He'll get that job when he learns to challenge hitters with his stuff. He overthrows to much.. Needs to let it flow more...

the reds feel like the old bengals, add good guys each year, make improvments, bring in young tallent, but someone always fucks up enough to lose.. A LOT...

the only real difference in baseball teams other than buying winners, is coaching, with a mediocre player a great coach ala marvin lewis will bring out the best, a shit coach, anyone from the 90's will being out the worst, and fail miserably, can miley and staff make this team a winner?

i have no idea, but personell mistakes, line up mistakes, situation mistakes, will lose a lot of games, i cant count the time graves came in and gave up a few hits and won the game, and i also cant even count the times graves was put in with 1-3 guys already on base, and gave up a few hits and lost the game, one i remember vividly, graves was put in with 1 out and bases loaded, gave up two hits and a walk, they scored like 4 runs, and we lost, put him in with NO one on, and we win, graves isnt going to come overpower and strike guys out, he is going to take the mindset of a starter and out think batters and give up a few hits, we need a mean ass closer who can overpower hitters. for about an inning to clean up someone elses mess.

Archived