Possible to resize MANY picutres as once.

i am doing photo galleries for all of the bengal events ive been to and am going to, they range from 15 pictures to 175 pictures, obviously resizing 15 picutres is nothing.. but to resize 150+ pictures is insane, i need then all the same size for the flash gallery im using to work smoothly.

anyone know of a program or photoshop feature or something to make this process smoother???

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='GoBengals' date='Apr 16 2005, 12:15 AM']i am doing photo galleries for all of the bengal events ive been to and am going to, they range from 15 pictures to 175 pictures, obviously resizing 15 picutres is nothing.. but to resize 150+ pictures is insane, i need then all the same size for the flash gallery im using to work smoothly.

anyone know of a program or photoshop feature or something to make this process smoother???
[right][post="76475"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You can set up actions in PhotoShop, but it will still pause in places where it has to make a choice, like which file to open, and what the image size is changing to. Might save you a few clicks.

Just looking at it here, it looks like after you've set up an action you can go to file/automate/batch and set up a save and close, a destination and a source folder. I don't know. If you play around with that you might be able to save some time, but I don't know of a way to automate it all.

Guest BengalBacker
Another thing you can do, is open the image, select your crop tool, and at the top put in the width and height you want them all to be, and 72 resolution if it's for the web. Drag across the area you want shown, hit enter and the image will shrink or expand to the size you selected. Then save. That's probably faster than going to image/image size and typing in numbers for every picture because PhotoShop will hold those crop numbers until you clear it. In other words, you only have to type in your image size once. After that you just open, drag your crop tool across your image, hit enter and save. You can do each image in about 10 seconds. Of course it's going to save over your originals, so make sure you're using copies.

You can use ifranview to to batch resize/rename of files too... Its a free imaging tool.

I thinkt you can download a tool for xp from microsoft that adds a Resise option to the context menu when you right click on images too.

Archived