Double-Edged Safety Razor

Actium

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='758454' date='Mar 24 2009, 09:31 PM']1. Some of you guys have way too much shit dedicated to shaving. I have a Gillette Twin Blade that I've been using for years. Blades go dull, buy new ones. Shaving gel from a can. I don't think I need much more than that. Then again, my beard isn't all Grizzly Adams and shit. I can get away with shaving every other day or 2 without any problems.

2. You guys that go to barber's, Jesus, get with the times. This is 2009 and the hot women aren't in a barbershop.
MULLY
looks like a cool set you bought though, man. Hope it works out for you.[/quote]

I could say you have way to much shit dedicated to guitars and the bengals..... :)

I switched because cartridge razors would just tear up my face. With DE's and now straight razors i never get razor burn/ingrown hairs and still get a close shave. With the straight, the blade is sharp every time I use it too. no worrying about using a dull catridge.

Like Actium, i enjoy shaving now. The extra 20 minutes i spend in the morning helps me relax and get ready for the shit i have to deal with the rest of the day.

I dont know if where i get my haircut is considered a barbershop or not...they do wash my hair.

[quote name='Actium' post='756084' date='Mar 14 2009, 05:18 PM']Thanks again for the links to Badger & Blade. There I found great reviews of some shaving soap called "Mama Bear's Soaps." I ordered the Dragon's Tears type--I'll let you know how it is.

[url="http://mamabearssoaps.com/"]http://mamabearssoaps.com/[/url]

Ben or Akili--have you guys ever tried this, or are there any other recommendations?

I also got some Taylor of Old Bond Street aftershave with my initial order.[/quote]

I have not used mamabear soap, but have read good things about them. I havee used samples from TheGentlemansQuarter and like those also.

Right now, tabac is my favorite soap.

[quote name='Ben' post='759985' date='Mar 31 2009, 09:14 AM']I have not used mamabear soap, but have read good things about them. I havee used samples from TheGentlemansQuarter and like those also.

Right now, tabac is my favorite soap.[/quote]

Tabac is the triple-milled one? I'd like to try that. I really like the Mama Bear one.

By the way, I signed up no B&B. I'm "The National Razor"

[quote name='Ben' post='759983' date='Mar 31 2009, 11:11 PM']I could say you have way to much shit dedicated to guitars and the bengals..... :)

I switched because cartridge razors would just tear up my face. With DE's and now straight razors i never get razor burn/ingrown hairs and still get a close shave. With the straight, the blade is sharp every time I use it too. no worrying about using a dull catridge.

Like Actium, i enjoy shaving now. The extra 20 minutes i spend in the morning helps me relax and get ready for the shit i have to deal with the rest of the day.

I dont know if where i get my haircut is considered a barbershop or not...they do wash my hair.[/quote]

One can never have too many guitar related products. As for enjoying a shave, fuck that. I hate shaving with a passion and no amount of brushes, straight razors etc... will ever cure that one. I despise shaving. The worse part about it is that my beard doesn't grow in all Grizzly Adams so I'm forced to either shave or look like a dog with the mange. I shave once or twice a week though so it's not too bad. I shaved today so I should be good through the weekend. Today is Wednesday so I'll probably start showing stubble around Friday and will probably shave again Sunday evening to get ready for work on Monday.

You guys go ahead and enjoy yourselves with that shit.
MULLY
really hate shaving..........unless it's a young Asian vagina

[quote name='Actium' post='759920' date='Mar 31 2009, 12:32 PM']Whatever works for you. Me, I love it and actually look forward to shaving now. Even if you like the regular razors, you might want to look into a brush and shaving soap/cream. It really adds a lot to the experience.[/quote]

The only thing that would add to the experience for me is more shit to clean up. No thanks. I'd like to have a shaving cup like my dad used to use if I could ever find one, but it would be display only.

[quote]As for barbers, I would never go to a salon. I understand why someone would (the shampoo must feel nice), but I will always go to a barber.[/quote]

Go ahead and enjoy Floyd the barber. Last time I got my haircut it was done by a 25 year old Japanese girl that giggled at everything I said and occasionally bumped her firm little tits against my forehead.
MULLY
by accident of course but I still enjoyed it. hehe!!

Archived