Final Mock

1. Eugene Monroe OT VA - Really hope he is there.

2. Alex Mack C Cal- Again Hope he is there if he is not there I would probably take shady Mccoy and hope to get Caldwell in the 3rd.

3. Kevin Barnes CB Maryland - Once again he may go slightly before this pick but would be a great pickup in the 3rd.

3. Jason Williams LB W Ill- Had him is a couple of my past mocks but in later rounds.

4. Mike Goodson RB Texas A&M- Nice compliment to Benson

5. Dannell Ellerbe MLB GA- Again had him in alot of previous mocks but in earlier rounds he is really dropping and I think he could be had here.

6. Quinn Johnson FB LSU- Best blocking FB in draft.

6. Kevin Huber P Cincy - Hopefully he lasts this long.

7. Garrett Reynolds RT NC- Oline Depth

7. Maurice Evans DE Penn ST- Good pass rusher but was busted for weed earlier in the year.

There are some charecter concerns but not really until the later rounds where we could find some gems if they pan out.

[quote name='fredtoast' post='766262' date='Apr 22 2009, 05:08 PM']Branna Southerland is the best blocking FB in the draft and also the most productive runner from that position.

If he recovers 100% from his foot injury he will develope into one of the best FBS in the league.[/quote]

I will agree that Southerland may end up being the best overall FB at some point. I disagree that he is/was a better blocker than Johnson. Plus he is coming off and injury and we dont use the FB as a runner. On our team the FB is a lead blocker who may get 5 carries a year. To me I dont care if our FB is a runner, I want a guy that can block.

• 3 months later...

Archived