Predict when Miley is fired! Win $50

Storm

[b]I predict June 21st[/b] We all know Dan O'Brien or John Allen aren't going to take the blame for this fiasco! :(

Dan O'Brien might want to consider firing him before his new radio show which will aire soon, that might help him displace some of the blame from himself for the show!

I wonder if he will field calls? I bet not! <_<

* $50 will be paid in annual installments of $.01

I dont think its going to matter who manages the team, if you dont have good pitching your not going to win.

Milton went 6 innings on monday and gave up 2 runs (1 earned).

Harang went 7 innings tonight and gave up 2 runs.

2 good starts and nothing to show for it. If Valentine didnt give up those 2 runs tonight they Reds would have went into extra innings.... but that probably would have fucked up the bullpen even more.

Dave Miley is a great skipper and I cant see him getting fired... he has been in this organization now for 30 years or some shit, i just dont see it happening.... but if he does get fired, i'll predict at the all star break

but once again, i hate threads like this... the reds are in a slump, they won't play like this all year. We have a very potent offense and as soon as they all get to playing like they should we'll be alright in that regards. And if Ortiz can pitch healthy, we dont have to worry about Belisle blowing anymore. Now we just have to kick graves ass into shape and have our pitchers throw for 7 innings to cut back on even having to use the bullpen.

Miley has been in the organization a very long time. Why wasnt he chosen head coach before? And why did they only name him temporary head coach last year? That tells me that they had different plans and another guy in mind. Miley is just there to fill in.

I know that this isn't all his fault, but having wily mo on the bench so much, a guy who's leading the world in hr's per AB. and batting ken griffey jr 2nd is just ridiculous, also freel should be playing instead of Jiminez. Wonder if Marvin is available during baseball season? lol.

Guest bengalrick

miley is a good coach... our pitching has sucked, and we have the same type of bats all throughout the lineup... if someone is a homerun hitter, great... unless the guy before you and behind you are also homerun hitters, and also strike out 150+ times... he needs to start playing the hot hands... lopez shouldn't come out until he comes back down to earth... freel should lead off every fuckin' game... aurillia needs to be our go to pinch hitter, but nothing more... we just need to tweak a little...

look at it this way, usually we are over achieving by this point and think we have a chance... maybe it will be vice versa and we will turn it on after the all star break... i guess it won't matter though if we don't win some games before the break <_<

I don't think Miley needs to be fired. I say we give him one more year. A lot of the kids this year are new, and the ones who are veterans to the team have had pretty decent years so far.

That being said, I think he is fired in the off-season next year.

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='Palmer4HOF' date='May 4 2005, 09:07 AM']Dave Miley is a great skipper and I cant see him getting fired... he has been in this organization now for 30 years or some shit, i just dont see it happening.... but if he does get fired, i'll predict at the all star break
but once again, i hate threads like this... the reds are in a slump, they won't play like this all year.  We have a very potent offense and as soon as they all get to playing like they should we'll be alright in that regards.  And if Ortiz can pitch healthy, we dont have to worry about Belisle blowing anymore.  Now we just have to kick graves ass into shape and have our pitchers throw for 7 innings to cut back on even having to use the bullpen.
[right][post="88073"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Dave Miley is a great skipper? Want to elaborate on that?
The reds are definately in a slump and they wont play any better because its all they have... noone is hurt aside from WilyMo... Hell even griff is playing.
they have no relief pitching ..it doesnt matter if the starters go 7 the relievers will blow it in the lasst two innings... trade anyone for a good reliever... thats a start abit probably too late..

[quote name='Claptonrocks' date='May 10 2005, 07:13 AM']Dave Miley is a great skipper? Want to elaborate on that?
The reds are definately in a slump and they wont play any better because its all they have... noone is hurt aside from WilyMo... Hell even griff is playing.
they have no relief pitching ..it doesnt matter if the starters go 7 the relievers will blow it in the lasst two innings... trade anyone for a good reliever... thats a start abit probably too late..
[right][post="90495"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

How many times have the Reds hit and run? 0 Miley is trying to manage an AL team who happens to be a NL team! He's keeps playing for a 3 run HR instead of playing small ball by moving the runners with hit and run and steals and sacrifices

Dave Miley is showing why he has been managing in the minor leagues his whole career!

Because he sucks!

[quote name='bengalrick' date='May 9 2005, 03:45 PM']miley is a good coach... our pitching has sucked, and we have the same type of bats all throughout the lineup... if someone is a homerun hitter, great... unless the guy before you and behind you are also homerun hitters, and also strike out 150+ times... he needs to start playing the hot hands... lopez shouldn't come out until he comes back down to earth... freel should lead off every fuckin' game... aurillia needs to be our go to pinch hitter, but nothing more... we just need to tweak a little...

look at it this way, usually we are over achieving by this point and think we have a chance... maybe it will be vice versa and we will turn it on after the all star break... i guess it won't matter though if we don't win some games before the breakĀ  <_<
[right][post="90247"][/post][/right][/quote]
look at it this way, usually we are over achieving by this point and think we have a chance... maybe it will be vice versa and we will turn it on after the all star break

That's what I keep thinking...maybe getting off to a bad start instead of a good one like the previous few years will provide some kind of intangible reverse karma to offset the suckassiness...

• 1 month later...

Archived