Another Rosenhaus "tool"

MAGICTOUCH

...and will not honor his contract...this is getting so stupid...if teams start giving into this crap then players all over will start holding out in the middle of a contract, which is completely absurd...if you "knew" after three years you would have a good season, then why would you sign a 4 (or more) year contract? Seems to me that you signed it, you play it and if your "market worth is more than you're contract value then so be it...YOU SIGNED IT, NOW PLAY IT!!!

Link to Javon Walker story from nfl.com

[url="http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/8472890"]http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/8472890[/url]

Guest BengalsOwn
What's he making, 500,000 this year?

Yeah, that's a fair salary for a pro bowl WR.

Were you mad at the Bengals when they gave Chad Johnson a new contract?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='May 16 2005, 01:03 AM']What's he making, 500,000 this year?

Yeah, that's a fair salary for a pro bowl WR.

Were you mad at the Bengals when they gave Chad Johnson a new contract?
[right][post="92716"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
there is a difference between working out a contract extension and threatening to sit out if they immediately pay you more money. You signed the contract so go ahead and try to work out a new deal but dont be a bitch a not play. If you think the team is screwing you then leave when your contract is up.

If he tears up his knee this year then he's fucked. T.O. is a different story because he's not "grossly" underpaid. Walker is getting the shaft. He can't get out of a shitty contract but the team can cut him whenevr they want.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
Imo these guys are going about it the abosuletly wrong way. At my job if I want a raise, I work harder and do things to make myself known as a valuable asset of the firm. By calling my boss and telling him I'm not coming into work until I get a raise, I would be firing myself. Walker should show up, get Brett on his side and have Brett become is biggest supporter for a new deal. If Walker showed up on time and played well, the team will take care of him or some other team would. Yeah 500k is a bad deal for a guy who went to the pro bowl, but he did sign it and all of us would love to make 500k. He is grossly underpaid, but this isn't the year to be percieved as a greedy wr, thanks in large part to T.O. This Rosenhaus character is really trying to manipulate the NFL, I hope his client realize that HIS GREED is going to screw them up. Yeah he got one off with Willis McGahee, but he's really trying to change the game this year. He's fucked up T.O.'s image and exposed him as a puppet who really has no clue of what's going on. I just hope he doesn't turn Chad into Darth Vader next offseason.

[quote name='jza10304' date='May 16 2005, 11:03 AM']If he tears up his knee this year then he's fucked.  T.O. is a different story because he's not "grossly" underpaid.  Walker is getting the shaft.  He can't get out of a shitty contract but the team can cut him whenevr they want.
[right][post="92793"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
then he can try to work out a contract extension with the packers in private and not thru the media and look like a dick. Most good players will get extensions beyond their rookie contract, doing this crap just makes him look like a jackass.

And as for the "He can't get out of a shitty contract but the team can cut him whenever they want" line, this has been covered on this board before. The guy that writes on NFL.com and cbssportsline that used to be a general manager wrote a great article about contract structuring and how it is worked out between the team and player/agent before hand. Say a guy signs a seven year contract when he is 28 but in reality the player was looking for a 5 year deal. Well the team and agent work out an agreement to lighten the cap hit by being able to spread it out over 7 years instead of 5 and they both know up front that the player will probably be released before the end of the contract. You dont hear players complaining about this too often because they are in on it too. If i can find the article i will post it. It is a great read and really tells a lot about what is going on that we really dont know.

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='MAGICTOUCH' date='May 16 2005, 05:20 PM'] :o

Someone is taking Walker's side?

:huh:
There is absolutely no class in the way he is going about it...and every player risks a career-ending injury that could cause them to lose millions of dollars, why is Walker so special?
[right][post="92919"][/post][/right][/quote]

It's not even time for mini camps or training camp.

Who cares if he's trying to get something worked out before then.

I don't.

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='May 16 2005, 11:10 AM']Imo these guys are going about it the abosuletly wrong way.  At my job if I want a raise, I work harder and do things to make myself known as a valuable asset of the firm. By calling my boss and telling him I'm not coming into work until I get a raise, I would be firing myself.  Walker should show up, get Brett on his side and have Brett become is biggest supporter for a new deal.  If Walker showed up on time and played well, the team will take care of him or some other team would.  Yeah 500k is a bad deal for a guy who went to the pro bowl, but he did sign it and all of us would love to make 500k.  He is grossly underpaid, but this isn't the year to be percieved as a greedy wr, thanks in large part to T.O.  This Rosenhaus character is really trying to manipulate the NFL, I hope his client realize that HIS GREED is going to screw them up.  Yeah he got one off with Willis McGahee, but he's really trying to change the game this year.  He's fucked up T.O.'s image and exposed him as a puppet who really has no clue of what's going on.  I just hope he doesn't turn Chad into Darth Vader next offseason.
[right][post="92808"][/post][/right][/quote]

I agree with the smoth one......for a change. :blush:

Archived