Suckers with North facing houses in Denver...

GoBengals

[quote name='John~Galt' timestamp='1298565824' post='972596']
Western PA has some interesting weather stuff too. The town we live in is literally on a mountain top so when the surrounding areas get snow we tend to get 3-4 inches more. There have been times that we would get 4 inches and a mile away there is no new snow at all. In the summer time we get the lions share of the rain too. We had a severe storm last summer and it seemed like the clouds were low enough to reach up and touch. It was a little spooky.

As far as shoveling, we don't do that. That is just one of the joys of owning a condo instead of a house.
[/quote]

some similar things happen here as well just on a slightly larger scale, all the towns around have very different elivations, my wife works 25 miles away in monument, co, its over 2,000 feet higher than our town, so they can get snow when its 55 and sunny at our house, i worked south of there for a while, would leave work, sunny and 50's, drive through snow storm on monument hill, and then back down to 50's and sunny... craziest stuff i ever experienced.... the drive is amazing however, the views are very impressive along the mountains...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1298565965' post='972597']
Damn straight.

On top of no lawn work, painting, etc...
[/quote]

our HOA covers the roads and sidewalks for us as far as snow, and all the playgrounds, grass areas and pools, we just have our own grass, which i hope to replace with fake grass at this point....

i need SOME space for myself, living 25 feet away from neighbors is bad enough, i hate people, living in apartments was like jail to me.. i grew up on 6 acres with my parents.. in16 years i never met more than 2 of the neighbors around, an its cause those two had kids...

living attached to other people i cannot stand..... but mostly because i never had to until i was 23, and even now wish i had more space.. but land in decent places to live is EXPENSIVE....

Archived