Rookie Mini-Camp Starts Tomorrow

Indiana University of Pennsylvania offensive tackle Dan Matha, invited to work out out with Bengals during the team's rookie minicamp, departed Cincinnati without a contract. But it wasn't for the impression he left on coaches; it was just a matter of numbers, writes GoErie.com.

"(Offensive line coach Paul Alexander) came up to me personally and said he would have signed me if there was an open spot on the team," Matha said in a text message Monday. "He also said to keep working out and staying in shape (because) once a spot opens up they're gonna sign me."

Cincinnati only signed one tryout player in defensive tackle Terrence Stephens, but they were forced to release defensive lineman Travis Chappelear to make room. Currently the roster is maxed with 90 players signed or drafted and any player addition at this point requires a corresponding release. Of those 90 players, 14 are on the offensive line.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/5/14/4330954/paul-alexander-very-impressed-with-tryout-ot-dan-matha

Archived