Bush tax cuts

Guest bengalrick

Guest BlackJesus

[b]Also remember....

the reason why a wealthy Billionaire Businessman pays a higher percentage in Taxes... is because he most likely benefits from the Nations services the most and uses them the most.

[color="red"]For instance.... CEO Bob who owns a fortune 500 company should pay a higher % in taxes because his company[/color]

- extensively used the (govt funded) roadways with all of his supply trucks
- Makes use of the (govt dug) sea ports for his products to be exported abroad
- Makes use of Shipping goods around the globe on planes flown out of (govt funded) airports throughout the country
- His factory uses more of the water (from govt funded) pipes laid in the ground
- His company uses more electricity from (govt funded) electircal wires
- His comapny utilizes the (govt funded) railway system to ship frieght
- His company benefits more from the very expensive Military protection from the US Military
- By his company being there that area of the county then must have adequate fireman and police to cover his property (govt funded)

That is why he SHOULD pay a higher % of his income I believe (49 %) to the government (instead of 33% currently).

All these businessmen want to be left alone until their building catches on fire, then who do they call..... the govt funded Fire Dept

(next time let it burn) ;) [/b]

Guest bengalrick

homer,

[i][b]1) Raise capital gains taxes while simultaneously offering tax credits for specified areas of investment. We need to rebuild a lot of our infrastructure, direct capital flows in that direction and offer an incentive to poeple to put there money in bonds, etc... to accomplish that.[/b][/i] i see what you are doing here... its a pretty good plan, except we want to promote more business, not less... and if we raise any part of the capital gains taxes, we will lose out on a lot of profit... but this is a pretty good plan, so i would definatly take it into consideration...

[i][b]2) Tax derivatives just enough to de-incentivise their abuse. Futures have a proper place as hedges, crazy side bets do not. Coupled with the above, money will soon be flowing where we need it.[/b][/i] - ok, i like this too... to still promote hedge funds, but make average investors shy away from it, there should be a higher tax on lower amounts though, right? i know that goes against our principals, but that would be the best way imo... if we raise it all, we are hurting the hedge funds... don't get me wrong, they suck b/c they are investors that are literally all millionaires, but like i've been saying, they are also our bosses... but, i am seeing some light in your proposals... i might even say i like this one the way it is...

you see, i talk myself into most stuff (after being shown of coarse)...

[i][b]3) Stabilize the currency. Give investors confidence that the value of their money 20 years from now will not be chewed up by inflation. Many of the important investments we need to make are generational, e.g. what's the depreciation schedule for the physical plant in electrical generation, water supply, transport, etc.... Likewise, individual companies could more rationally plan long term capital investments in plant and facilities.

One of the by-products of this kind of "steering" would be the re-creation of jobs which are skilled and command a higher wage, thus increasing the tax base while improving the overall productive capacity of our nation's output by adequately investing in the necessary preconditions for material prosperity (such as improved transport, etc... as citeed above.) Then, 25 years or so down the line, when that physical plant wears out, do it all over again. Voila, a healthy economy.[/b][/i]

i can't remember what it was, but the other day i heard people talking about the floating dollar... i never gave it too much thought, but we always hear about the chinese floating their dollar, and that is the main problem... the real problem is they go off our dollar, so the real problem is OUR floating dollar...

i agree w/ almost part of every idea... who says we wouldn't vote for each other :lol: well, economically wise :)

bj, i would never agree to an increase to 49%... what benefit is there to be rich, if you give half of what you make back to the gov't... fuck that... no incentive to be the best... what we really need to do, is the national sales tax (i called it a flat tax again earlier, but this is what i meant)... 20% accrossed the board, and give a cut back every month to those under a certain mark... i hate to make that mark, b/c that makes some under that mark, not want to get out of that bracket, but it is the fairest way... and it would make us bank... its better to tax off of what we spend, instead of both what we spend and what we make imo...

Guest BlackJesus

[quote]what benefit is there to be rich, if you give half of what you make back to the gov't...[/quote]

[i][b]the other 51 % of what you make. A good businessman is not going to say "well I could make another 10 million but sense I will only get 5.1 out of it, naw fuck it" :huh: [/b][/i]

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jul 15 2005, 06:59 PM'][i][b]the other 51 % of what you make.  A good businessman is not going to say "well I could make another 10 million but sense I will only get 5.1 out of it, naw fuck it"  :huh: [/b][/i]
[right][post="115068"][/post][/right][/quote]

yeah, but what if the mark is at 10 million, and someone made 9.5 the year before... once he jumps from 9.5 to over 10 million, he will be making less money, if you see what i'm saying... he will jump from around 33% to 49%, which is a big deal... plus, 49% is way too much to tax anyone...

what do you think of the national sales tax plans??

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]what do you think of the national sales tax plans??[/quote]

[i][b]Hate it[/b][/i]

[quote]yeah, but what if the mark is at 10 million, and someone made 9.5 the year before... once he jumps from 9.5 to over 10 million, he will be making less money, if you see what i'm saying... he will jump from around 33% to 49%, which is a big deal... plus, 49% is way too much to tax anyone...[/quote]

[color="green"][i][b]
the top bracket (49 %) would come into effect at 5 million a year. If CEO's want to stay at 4.9 million a year so that they could stay at the lower 40% rate that I owuld have for them fine.... but most Very wealthy people make much much much more than that.... and basically this would include all of the multim million dollar CEO's some of whom make in the billions. As for your 49% is too much according to whom????

Before Kennedy took office the highest bracket was 90 % and look at all the robber barons that still became very wealthy. [/b][/i][/color]

Guest bengalrick
what do you think of the national sales tax plans??

[i][b]Hate it[/b][/i] - bj

so you like to know that people like theresa heinz paid less % in taxes than you did last year?

about the 49%, i'd be in washington protesting like hell... nobody should give half of their well earned money, just b/c they made more than the next guy... thats fucked up...

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jul 15 2005, 08:26 PM'][color="blue"]John makes 19,500  a year was paying around 3,000 in Income tax, now pays 2,000 in income tax.  Extra thousand in his pocket. [/color]
[color="red"]Herbert CEO makes 100 million in a year.  was paying 40 million in income tax, now pays 33 million in income tax.  Will now have an extra 7 million dollars this year to spend.  [/color]
[right][post="115000"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Why is John only making 19,500 a yr?

Why is Herbert making 100 million a yr?

I'll really simplify it for you. Its because of the decisions and choices they made in their life. John sould have finished high school and not knocked up his girlfriend at 15. Herbert got his education and invented a new computer operating system.

This haves vs have nots shit is just that....shit. I dont make squat as a teacher, but I live within my means. I think I do a pretty important job, and its very fulfilling. In other words, I dont care what you or anybody else makes. If it wasnt paying the bills, I would first rearrange my life to fit my income, or get another job. Its not the gov'ts (or anyone else's) job to take care of my family and I. I am not entitled to anything, and am not being held down by anybody. You can argue economics all you want...but if you really want to help the world, start pushing for personal accountability.

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]Why is John only making 19,500 a yr?

Why is Herbert making 100 million a yr?

I'll really simplify it for you. Its because of the decisions and choices they made in their life. John sould have finished high school and not knocked up his girlfriend at 15. Herbert got his education and invented a new computer operating system.

This haves vs have nots shit is just that....shit. I dont make squat as a teacher, but I live within my means. I think I do a pretty important job, and its very fulfilling. In other words, I dont care what you or anybody else makes. If it wasnt paying the bills, I would first rearrange my life to fit my income, or get another job. Its not the gov'ts (or anyone else's) job to take care of my family and I. I am not entitled to anything, and am not being held down by anybody. You can argue economics all you want...but if you really want to help the world, start pushing for personal accountability[/quote]

I[i][b] have never said I support Equality of Outcome.... I do however support Equality of Oppurtunity.... which does not exist in America and is only growing more disproportionate. Most likely Herberts parents were wealthy,or famous, thus he went to an Ivy League school, had tutors growing up, networked with the other rich fuck kids and then when his dad died he inherited 200 million dollars, Thus he decided to "invest" and basically gave the 200 million to people smarter than him and they set up a company for him. Now he collects checks in the mail and really has no idea what they do. Who cares he is in bermuda on the beach.

There are also a lot of ways that oppurtunity are stiffened. As a poor kid you will attend schools with low paid teachers, your mom will have to work two jobs so she won;t be home, and your dad got arrested and since he had no money didnt have a laywer to get off. You then live in a shit house, that because of zoning laws is far away from public librarys, or jobs that pay well. So you take the bus to your minumum wage job. When you get out of college, you dont have the mathematic skills to go to a good school. so you go to a CC, your mom dies you inherit nothing. SO basically yeah you can reach a certain level of comfort if you are lucky enough to stay employed but never bermuda with Herb. [/b][/i]

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jul 16 2005, 12:40 AM']I[i][b]I do however support Equality of Oppurtunity.... which does not exist in America and is only growing more disproportionate.
[right][post="115092"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Not true. There are more opportunities now than ever before. Employers are DESPERATE for hard working people of any race who will simply show up when they are supposed to and work hard. Not to mention all the programs that can be taken advantage of. The ONLY thing holding anybody back is themselves in America.

By the way, you simply restated the haves vs the have nots argument. I again contend that if his mom didnt drop out of school she wouldnt have to work two jobs. And if his dad didnt break the law, he wouldnt need the lawyer he couldnt afford. Its all about choices.

Painting people as victims of some larger force (such as the govt) is by far THE MOST damaging thing you can do. It enables them to blame others. If you can blame others, its never your fault. If its never your fault, its out of your control to ever do anything about it. Therefore, just sit at home, collect welfare and bitch about how you cant get ahead because you are being held down.

[quote name='Beaker' date='Jul 15 2005, 11:05 PM']Not true. There are more opportunities now than ever before. Employers are DESPERATE for hard working people of any race who will simply show up when they are supposed to and work hard. Not to mention all the programs that can be taken advantage of. The ONLY thing holding anybody back is themselves in America.

By the way, you simply restated the haves vs the have nots argument. I again contend that if his mom didnt drop out of school she wouldnt have to work two jobs. And if his dad didnt break the law, he wouldnt need the lawyer he couldnt afford. Its all about choices.

Painting people as victims of some larger force (such as the govt) is by far THE MOST damaging thing you can do. It enables them to blame others. If you can blame others, its never your fault. If its never your fault, its out of your control to ever do anything about it. Therefore, just sit at home, collect welfare and bitch about how you cant get ahead because you are being held down.
[right][post="115150"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I cannot possibly elaborate. Great post.
Besides the inherited wealthy, you have to STRIVE to be a "have" in this society.
There are countless stories of success and riches gained by the hard work of immigrants to this country.....not the least of which is the Greek Lambridines family that started in Cincy with nothing but a recipe and ended up with the Skyline Chili franchise...which you claim to so desperately love......

Archived