Windows 8.1 and Kiosk Mode

So I've got two machines locked down pretty well with windows 7 (essentially as Kiosks with Firefox - FF is awesome because there is a whitelist plugin that I've installed).

The only problem is that I'm leaving my current job and I don't want to have to deal with these machines in the future (the setup is pretty nice actually, but there is a ton of tweaking I had to do).

Anyway, I was thinking that I could use Windows 8.1 with the 'kiosk' mode.  The only problem is that Windows only allow me to select apps from the microsoft store  - meaning IE would work, but not Firefox. Lame because IE is more of a pain to lock down.

Anyone have ideas how I might 'force' windows to use firefox in windows kiosk mode?

Oh it will run....It just won't show up as one of the programs in 'Assigned Access' for a user.

Meaning  - when you restrict an account, it won't show up as one of the choices.  Basically 'Assigned Access' or 'Kiosk mode' allows you to specify one program that will run when a user logs in.  What shows up are IE, weather, music, etc...stuff in the MS store.

Archived