"READ BEFORE YOU POST" This is a requirement before registering or posting to the site...

A.  "READ BEFORE YOU POST"  This is a requirement before registering or posting to the site.

Continued violation of the following rules will result in a warning, suspension, or banning(edited 01/18/2016)

1.  Personal attacks - name calling, insulting, material that defames, abuses or threatens others, etc.

(Subsections:  if necessary to delineate the offense/reason for moderation)

a.  Verbal violence or threats
    b.  Statements that are bigoted, hateful or offensive to any person or group of persons.
    c.  Bigoted or Insensitive references to any race, sex, religion, etc.

2.  Spam - Any communication that contains spam (multiple copies in one area or the same communication in multiple areas).  Please search the forums for similar threads before posting. Duplicate threads will be closed and/or merged.

3.  Troll behavior -  Not contributing meaningfully and or respectfully

4.  Thread Hijacking - We understand that threads will wander, but keep each thread on topic.

5.  Selling items - outside established guidelines.

6.  Jerkish behavior.

7.  Smack Talk outside established forums.
8:  Re-posting previously moderated content.  (added 5/18/2015)

9:  Arguing with a moderator in the public forum about moderation may result in suspension of posting privileges.  If you have issues with moderation, contact moderator or admin via PM.  (added 5/18/2015)

Please Remember

1.  "Attack the post, not the poster".

2.  "Don't be a jerk"

3.  "Smack talk stays in the smack talk forum"

4.  If you have an issue with another poster and don't know what to do, think about it for a minute, breath, and if you still feel the same way, hit the "report" button located on the bottom right of the post.  Try to be specific and rational.

• 1 month later...

Note:  No One Individual is Above the Law ( AKA Internet Made up Rules )...

GoBengals, on 28 July 2014 - 06:08, said:

No one, truly no one, is above what we want this place to be.  As I look around and see people purposely abusing the guidelines we are trying to enforce, I kept saying "man this dude has been around forever, I don’t want to make waves” and it’s taken a few weeks to realize, but it’s obvious some people think they run the place and it cannot survive without them.

If you aren’t going to be part of the solution, then you are only going to be part of the problem. 

I am likely going to install a thread suspension modification to the forums.  It allows mods and admins to suspend you from posting in a thread for a decided amount of time.  It can be 5 minutes or can be an hour; it can be forever...  this gives us another form of action that is less harsh than suspending posting ability all together...

There is not a single member, myself included, except maybe el flock because I break stuff all the time, that cannot be removed and a few weeks later no one would care.
  Collectively, there is a nice strong group of die-hard Bengals fans here...  individually...it can be very different.

Some clowns have been threatening that this place will go under, my tally from the other night is roughly $25,000 I have put into it over the 10 years...  nothing lasts forever...  but i dont think many people really want this place to go away.

Those who want this place to succeed.  Let’s act like it.  Those who don’t, just keep it up, you’ll be notified, informed, warned, and removed.

No one wants to babysit, not me, and not the awesome group of mods who have taken it upon themselves to sift through the shit that gets spewed in some of these threads (some of it mine), especially.

This was not meant as a past tense reply, but a future one.  A call to those who have called for change and yet remain part of the problem.

People have left the site since its inception, I remember how absolutely bummed I was that Beaker left, that was like 8 years ago.  And there are many more like him over the years who got tired of 2-3 peoples bullshit and left.

The fact that someone tried to do it as a group thing, doesn’t really change anything, especially since 90% of those people that "left" are still here and posting.

The point is, if 1181 is a problem, he can be removed, if Bunghole is a problem, he can be removed, if I am a problem, I can remove myself, and El FLocko could say horrible things about all of your mothers and he isn’t going anywhere...

The point I was making, is if you aren’t going to be part of the solution, you are part of the ongoing problem, and no matter if you have 8 years and 40,000 posts or a week and 10 posts, a problem is a problem.  I/we cannot afford to stay idle on long term members who aren’t going to be part of the solution.  Like a couple of posters did in this thread.  A thread about moving on from the finger pointing and name calling, both did just that.  I unhid them so I could point them out as the examples of what we are trying to avoid.  I don’t want topics closed and posts hidden to avoid this.  I want the posters here to avoid this.

• 9 months later...

The two new additions are A8 and A9 as follows:

A8:  Re-posting previously moderated content

A9:  Arguing with a moderator in the public forum about moderation may result in suspension of posting privileges.  If you have issues with moderation, contact moderator or admin via PM.

See above post for the complete set of rules and guidelines.

• 3 months later...

A reminder as the season approaches.  Read the above posts, not just the rules but also Go's words of wisdom.

Please Remember

2.  "Don't be a jerk"

4.  If you have an issue with another poster and don't know what to do, think about it for a minute, breath, and if you still feel the same way, hit the "report" button located on the bottom right of the post.  Try to be specific and rational.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 9/10/2015 at 4:40 PM, Numbers said:

A reminder as the season approaches.  Read the above posts, not just the rules but also Go's words of wisdom.

Please Remember

2.  "Don't be a jerk"

A reminder as the season is almost here.  Thanks to each and everyone here that has made Go-Bengals.com the best Bengal's forum on the internet.   Who-Dey. !!!

Archived