4/1/15 Mock

Here is my latest wishlist after watching a ton of football over the last month.

1.  Dorial Green-Beckham  WR Mizzou/OK- A month ago I would have told you I wanted nothing to do with him but I have been clamoring for a WR for years.  We need to upgrade the position and I really like what he brings to the field and his height alon will help Dalton tremendously.

2. Clive Walford TE Miami - TE is looking very thin right now and Im generally not a big TE guy but we have nothing reliable there right now and Eifert still coming off injury.

3. Grady Jarrett - DT Clemson - Smaller penetrating DT but only reason he is still here is because of his size.  This dude can play.

3. Cedric Ogbuehi OT Tex AM - With Whit contact and Andre contract we should draft a tackle but to me its really not a need right now.  Due to injury we might be able to get a OT here that can redshirt and Ogbuehi has fringe 1st/2nd round ability so I would take the gamble.  Seems like a great situation for team and player.

4.  Davis Tull OLB Tenn Chatt - Not a whole lot of LB's that I like this late in the draft but Tull has very intriguing numbers and would take a gamble here.

4. Cedric Reed DE Texas - Has talent and size.  Played through injury all last year.

5. Ladarius Gunter CB Miami

6. Erick Dargan S Oregon

7. Miles Diffenbach OG/C Penn St

WR, TE, DT and LB are the four positions where guys we take could have immediate impacts, so it makes some since to load up on them early, all with guys who are arguably the best in the draft at their various positions: DGB is more of an unknown for me but some love him; Walford is the best pure TE I've seen this year; Jarret is the best Geno-Atkins style penetrating DT.

As you point out, LB is the one place where we don't take anyone.  Receiver is also so deep in this draft that it might be worth considering flipping 1 and 4.  Maybe even trade down with 1 so that you can package it with 4 to move up into late 2 or early 3.   I like fast WR's but I also really like route runners who can create separation with their agility as well (something that best fits our quick read and throw O, imo, and I think a few of those guys will still be around in 3.

Archived