Al-Qaeda's next idea

Jamie_B

As much as I despise Al-Qaeda, they are an ingenious enemy...

[url="http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1756675,00.html"]http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,...1756675,00.html[/url]

[quote]Al-Qaeda group to terrorise US
19/08/2005 09:39  - (SA)  

Habib Trabelsi

Dubai - An al-Qaeda linked-group has launched what it calls a media jihad, or holy war, to "terrorise" United States-led forces in Iraq and their families by bombarding them with e-mails and by posting gruesome photos online.

The group, calling itself the "Brigade of Media Jihad", called on its militants to "post terrifying pictures on the internet in order to terrorise the enemy", said a statement on an Islamist website whose authenticity could not be verified.

"Our objective is to undermine the morale of our enemies, dash their hopes and dreams and reveal the truth of what is happening in Iraq. The media war is an integral part of the war on the ground," said the statement.

Breaking soldiers morale

The group said it has launched its media offensive in several languages "on hundreds of internet forums and through horrific e-mails sent to enemy soldiers and their families in order to terrorise them and break their morale".

"We have succeeded in attacking 1 600 forums and electronic addresses through which our messages have reached 60 000 people," it said.

The relatives of US soldiers are being shown "the reality that their sons are living" in Iraq, the group boasted.

The statement accused "Crusaders" of controlling the mainstream media "and so we decided to use an important outlet, the Internet, that they cannot control".

Islamist groups, including those linked to al-Qaeda, have posted hundreds of statements on the Internet over the past two years to claim attacks on US-led forces in Iraq and Iraqis and others who work for them.

Grim footage

The online statements are often accompanied by video to provide proof of bombings, kidnappings and killings.

The brigade claims to be part of the "World Islamic Media Front", which has uploaded on to Internet sites footage of military operations in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places where Islamist militants operate.

Last week, it posted a film, Top Ten, in which it showed a selection of attacks on US troops carried out by the Islamic Army in Iraq and the al-Qaeda organisation in the Land of Two Rivers, the group of al-Qaeda frontman Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

The footage showed the bodies of alleged US soldiers, mutilated and burnt.

Arab satellite channels, mainly the Qatar-based al-Jazeera, regularly air the videos, making a point to say that their authenticity cannot be verified.

The US administration has repeatedly accused Arab television channels, particularly al-Jazeera, of being a key tool for extremist propaganda through its coverage of attacks in Iraq.

The brigade also published "a technical document to help the mujahedeen make the best use of the camera".

It advises militants to take close-ups of the site of an operation before it is carried out, "film as clearly as possible images of horror caused by the explosion and record the wills of martyrdom-seekers", or suicide bombers.[/quote]

Guest bengalrick
its a good idea for them... can't we track them down easier, if we have their ip address, or if not, we still should be able to track them down, once the "attacks" start... when they get some computer geeks that make these viruses on their side, that would be a problem... everything runs off of the internet now-a-days...

Guest BlackJesus
[i][b]I do find it interesting that merley showing the American People what is happening...

can be labeled terroizing them.... maybe if the reality is that terrible, where Americans can't stand seeing it, then we shouldn't be there....

When you are fighting for a cause that you believe in this tactic can't work....

the problem is the American people are not fighting in an American cause... they are fighting in some kind of vague Bush doctrine of pre emption with missing WMD's and mysterious rising Oil profits to boot. [/b][/i]

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Aug 23 2005, 12:21 PM'][i][b]I do find it interesting that merley showing the American People what is happening...

can be labeled terroizing them.... maybe if the reality is that terrible, where Americans can't stand seeing it, then we shouldn't be there....

When you are fighting for a cause that you believe in this tactic can't work....

the problem is the American people are not fighting in an American cause... they are fighting in some kind of vague Bush doctrine of pre emption with missing WMD's and mysterious rising Oil profits to boot.  [/b][/i]
[right][post="136220"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

showing people that get their head cut off, is blatenly terrorism... what do they offer here, besides scaring people?? who says we can't take it?? we don't want to, but we can...

problem is, there are people that already don't believe in it, and they scream the loudest... the media will play this, and show people that are talking shit about it...

bj, which way is more effective to fight anything in life (including terror): should we fight it here, and wait to catch them here, or should we go to where they live and try to catch/kill them there? is this a police issue or a military issue in your opinion??

Guest BlackJesus
[color="blue"][i][b]showing us Goory photos of Pearl Harbor would have back fired because it would have made our enlistments go through the roof, with angry Americans. We were attacked by our Enemy Japan.... and we went after the ones that attacked us - Japan.

- Here After 9/11 we had guys signing up in Droves to go kick Osamas Ass !!! The world was behind us, nations from all around the globe were ready to go kick Al Qaedas ass....

and Junior decided to settle an old vendetta and attack Saddam who wanted to kill his daddy....

thus world support squandered, terrorist recruitment is up, US army enlistments are down, and showing us the reality over there and showing us the dead instead of inspiring us like the 9/11 images did, they "terrorize us" and lessen support. That should tell you something...[/b][/i][/color]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]bj, which way is more effective to fight anything in life (including terror): should we fight it here, and wait to catch them here, or should we go to where they live and try to catch/kill them there? is this a police issue or a military issue in your opinion??[/quote]

it is a geo political issue...
[b] (a combination of natural resurces, strategic positioning, islamic ideals clashing with Western Materialism, and bad US foriegn policy coming back to bite us in the ass - where the CIA has a specific term = Blowback, for someone we arm, train, and support that then becomes are enemy.) [/b]

I doubt it'll make them easier to track. They've used internet cafes in Pakistan for years with sympathetic owners. They know how to use proxies and mirror sites as well. The nature of the internet in that region where a lot of people steal identities or get their internet connection illegally also helps them out.

Guest CTBengalsFan
They're ingenious? I say they're pretty fucking stupid. You want to terrorize the US? Go to a random mall around the country once a week and shoot up as many people as you can.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='Aug 23 2005, 12:42 PM']They're ingenious?  I say they're pretty fucking stupid.  You want to terrorize the US?  Go to a random mall around the country once a week and shoot up as many people as you can.
[right][post="136243"][/post][/right][/quote]

that only pisses people off though... that is the point... they figured in 9/11, we'd pussy out and and they win... problem was, they miscalculated... instead, dem's and rep's joined hands, and for a couple of months, we were the most powerful thing that this world has ever seen... a united america is unbeatable... that is what attacks do to us... we don't pussy out... we fight back...

see UK right now, for what i mean... unfortinately, it wears off :(

Guest BlackJesus

[quote]unfortinately, it wears off[/quote]

[i][b]sounds like "W" and the boys better start planning the next staged terrorist attack then [/b][/i]

:ninja:

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 23 2005, 02:09 PM']that only pisses people off though... that is the point... they figured in 9/11, we'd pussy out and and they win... problem was, they miscalculated... instead, dem's and rep's joined hands, and for a couple of months, we were the most powerful thing that this world has ever seen... a united america is unbeatable... that is what attacks do to us... we don't pussy out... we fight back...

see UK right now, for what i mean... unfortinately, it wears off :(
[right][post="136264"][/post][/right][/quote]

Actually Rick in the Inside 9/11 thing that the National Geographic channel did the past two nights, they said Bin Laden wanted us to come fight him on his turf, he said that it was impossible to win a war in America but that if we came Afganastan (sp?) land he would win. 9/11 happend in order to pull us over there, he got what he wanted. Problem was he underestimated our military.

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 23 2005, 02:25 PM']he didn't underestimate the US media...
[right][post="136279"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Nope he manipulated them. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Nati Ice' date='Aug 23 2005, 01:50 PM']so should we be expecting "terrorists" to start posting gruesome images here and showing us "the reality that our sons are living," in iraq?

because that is really the lamest attempt at "terrorism" that ive ever heard of...
[right][post="136320"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

its different than when you open up an email that says "free ipod" and then you have a picture of an american getting their head cut off, imo...

BJ is really an undercover Al Queda operative! He has been bombarding us with this shit for months! He came on here being all funny and intelligent, gained our trust, then.....BOOYAH! It all becomes clear now.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Beaker' date='Aug 23 2005, 02:12 PM'][b]BOOYAH[/b]
[right][post="136341"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

jim cramer fan??? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Archived