In Sunday Ticket testimony, Jerry Jones takes a shot at Bengals

On 6/21/2024 at 11:39 AM, Inigo Montoya said:

Ironically, I’ve read that MB makes the same argument when revenue sharing is discussed at league meetings.  The big market teams need to play somebody and the league doesn’t want to end up like MLB or the NBA (to a lesser extent).  Creating “have” and “have nots” limits growth and the big markets being willing to share TV revenue back in the ‘60s was a key factor to the NFL’s dominance.  

It’s also ironic that MB and JJ are owners who play GM (poorly).  The franchises couldn’t be more different but both have been hurt by the hubris of the guys at the top refusing to simply get out of the way.  

On 6/21/2024 at 3:28 PM, Le Tigre said:

No one markets the name like Jerry. As a golfer, I really appreciate fine courses. Just so happens, Jerry owns one of the nicer courses and facilities there in Grapevine: Cowboys Golf Club. It’s a magnificent course, and the amenities are superb. And he never lets one forget what it represents. These are everywhere on the course: 

cowboys-golf-club-fourth-hole-20391

On 6/22/2024 at 5:40 AM, AmishBengalFan said:

Late to the thread, sorry.

Whoa guys, slow down.  Go back to the OP and look whose reporting this.

Florio.

Same dude who falsely reported that the Bengals were facing heavy fines for hiding Burrow's wrist injury because Joey was wearing a wrist sleeve on the flight to Baltimore.  He kept pushing the narrative like a rabid dog for weeks until it was leaked that perhaps his motivation was that he had lost money on the Ravens-Bengals game, at which point the story mysteriously disappeared from his radar.

He's allegedly a compromised jack hole. Nothing he writes should be viewed as being objective - especially now, and doubly especially anything involving the Bengals front office.

Light up Jerry as much as you want, but consider the source.

even lying cocksuckers can be right now and then. but fuck them both.

On 6/22/2024 at 6:18 PM, Cricket said:

“Flower Mound”. Sounds like something that Kate McKinnon’s alien-abducted character on SNL would call her, uh, nether regions.  😎

i had to google stuff in your reply here. it made me feel old.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Somewhat related, saw a trending topic of Dak being traded and after some digging it seems to trace back to an SI piece saying how unlikely it was.. like someone else just ran with the clickbait title.

Goes to show how a Cowboys player can eat a taco and the national sports media will turn it into something 

articles, especially in mobile feeds, are brutal these days, so much AI being used to write articles, its tough to reach and the clickbate titles AND articles, anymore i can tell the clickbait title and just auto scroll a few maragraphs down (usually past 2-3 ads) to see the detail i want, then move on.