Muslim Scholars Say Allah gave land of Isreal to t

Lawman

Some Muslim scholars point out that "The Qur'an says that Allah gave the Land of Israel to the Jews and will restore them to it at the End of Days" [4]. Shaykh Abdul Hadi Palazzi cites the Quran to support this view:
"Pharaoh sought to scare them [the Israelites] out of the land [of Israel]: but We [[[Allah]]] drowned him [Pharoah] together with all who were with him. Then We [Allah] said to the Israelites: 'Dwell in this land [the Land of Israel]. When the promise of the hereafter [End of Days] comes to be fulfilled, We [Allah] shall assemble you [the Israelites] all together [in the Land of Israel]." <Qur'an, "Night Journey," 17:100-104>
"And [remember] when Moses said to his people: 'O my people, call in remembrance the favour of God unto you, when he produced prophets among you, made you kings, and gave to you what He had not given to any other among the peoples. O my people, enter the Holy Land which God has assigned unto you, and turn not back ignominiously, for then will ye be overthrown, to your own ruin.'" <Qur'an, 5:20-21>

[quote name='#22' date='Sep 25 2005, 12:14 PM']Joseph Campbell says:
[img]http://photos1.blogger.com/img/162/1473/320/Joseph%20Campbell.jpg[/img]
very interesting...
what implications does this have?
[right][post="156309"][/post][/right][/quote]

From what I have read, he has been unjustly accused of anti-semitism but he wasn't hostile to Jews, but rather to Yahweh and the Yahwehist religions that elevated a tribal god to a universal deity.

He was infatuated with the German culture and myth of germanic-lore. He was impressed at the beggining of Nazism (fasism) until he realized it was not about the individual (see Marge Schott). Additionally, he was a pacifist, wanting to keep the US out of WWII; these examples are probably what lead to these accussations.

Your reference probably deals with his stance on organized religion, with some accussing him of attacking organized religions.

but, I was :o when I found this; contrary to other language in the Quran regarding anything with the Jews.

The Quran is an ancient text and should be read as such. Martin Luther wrote premises on the jews which made Hitler look polite.

I really like Joseph Campbell and I think he unfairly receives bad publicity because he says what he perceives to be true

Guest BlackJesus
[i][b]However in the Quran' the land of the Jews and Abraham is actually where Present day Yemen is on the Saudi Arabian Penninsula and not where Present day Israel is[/b][/i]

There is mention of this in the King James Bible.

Squish the continents together and you will see that Israel is the cradle of the world, the middle, Eden, America needs to stay the fuck out of Israel.. Israel and the Gaza Strip belong to the jews.

ANTI-IMPERIALIST FOR LIFE!!!

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 25 2005, 01:52 PM'][i][b]However in the Quran' the land of the Jews and Abraham is actually where Present day Yemen is on the Saudi Arabian Penninsula and not where Present day Israel is[/b][/i]
[right][post="156358"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Who redrew the Boundaries?

ANTI-IMPERIALIST FOR LIFE!!

How so....america's leaders want the Palestineans in Gaza?

When it belongs to the Jews....

ANTI-IMPERIALIST FOR LIFE.

I am against IMPERIALISM....meddleing where our nose doesn't belong...LIKE WE DID IN THE PHILLIPINES...Like the U.K and AMERICA have done for a Very long time.

IMPERIALISM is wrong....

IF WE WERENT SUCH AN IMPERIALIST COUNTRY THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN NO 9/11.

So i say ANTI-IMPERIALIST FOR LIFE!!!

As far as the End of Days goes....It will be just these end of days.....Humans are far too interesting to be wiped out for eternity.

"To see a world in a grain of sand,
and a heaven in a wildflower,
hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
and eternity in an hour."

--William Blake

[quote name='Nati Ice' date='Sep 25 2005, 07:37 PM']hmmmm... ive never heard of this, any more info on this, or link?
[right][post="157300"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Could be wrong, but i think he was talking about Martin Luther the Leader of the Protestant reformation, not Martin Luther King civil rights activist.

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 25 2005, 06:38 PM'][i][b]Scales Drop the Anti  --  The position you are taking is "Imperialist" if anything[/b][/i]
[right][post="157230"][/post][/right][/quote]

In order to progress those born under the sign of Leo must be able to verbalize when they make a mistake. :wave:

Guest BlackJesus
[i][b]I will speak slowly and I doubt you will still understand but here goes

Imperialism carved out an Israeli state for the Jews after WWII, to do this they stole land and exiled most of the Palestinians who were living there from their homes. This state of Israel is still there and they use the same tactics of Aparthied that the Dutch used in South Africa to oppress the Palestinians. To take an anti-imperialist position one would then want to stop the state of Israel and return the land to the rightful owners (palestinians who had it taken from them through imperialism, and many are still alive)

Now I understand you are trying to be funny.... by acting retarded (at least I hope you are pretending) but get a clue[/b][/i]

Archived