[u]Rd[/u] [u]Player[/u]

1. D.Bing/USC/SS
2. O.Harris /Miami/Dt
3. A. Zemaitas/Cb/Penn state
4. T.Day/TE/Oregon
5. R. O'Callahaghn/OT/Cal
6. K.Clemens/QB/Oregon
7. J. Torp/K/Colorado

It's been a little more than 6 weeks since my first Mock, and alot of shit has happened since.

My big wish would be to move up and get Huff, it can be done with a trade of a player and an extra Draft
pick (3rd) Rounder for a non-tender offer on KW. But for this draft, I will keep the Non-tender only andwill not include any free agent pick-ups (final mock after April 1st).

My Mock Ver 1.02

[u]Rd[/u] [u]Name[/u]

1. D.Bing/USC/SS Height: 6-2 | Weight: 220 | 40-Time: n/a

- Bing is a tough hard-hitting SS with the mentality of a LB. He loves to make the big hit. He as an aggressive athlete who has a knack for being around the ball and making big plays, especially in the running game. He sheds blocks well and doesn't over-pursue to the ball. Though only a junior, Darnell is very experienced considering he has started from Day 1 as a true Freshmen for the two-time defending champ Trojans. Takes good angles and has great upper body strength. He works and plays hard. He has a feel for the game that can't be taught.
[color="#000066"]Ronnie Lott compares him to himself, good enough for me [/color]

2. R.Wright /Texas/DT Height: 6-5 | Weight: 305 | 40-Time: 5.00

- Wright might be one of the most athletic big men in all of college football. He moves very well on his feet for a man of his size. Rod has been a starter and an anchor for the Longhorn defense since his freshman season. He has the rare combination of speed and strength that make him equally effective against both the pass and the run. Wright is willing and able to take on double teams to allow his teammates to make plays. He has good recognition instincts and is a very able wrap up tackler. Durability may be a slight question with him, but he has shown a willingness to play through pain. Wright has also developed into a team leader during his time in Texas.
[color="#000066"]I am not fond of the fatass DT prefering a speedier DT; here is my compromise[/color]

3a. P.Haralson/DE/Tenn Height: 6-2 | Weight: 248 | 40-Time: 4.75

Tremendous pass rusher...Quick and explosive off the ball...Has been very productive...Is a terror off the edge...A tough player and team leader...Does a good job of staying off the ground due to great balance...Gives great effort and has a motor that never stops...Understands leverage and knows how to use it. A 'tweener who will not be a fit in just any scheme and might be best suited for a 3-4 outside linebacker role...Never discount the value of a pass rusher and he could end up going higher than you many think based on that skill alone...One way or another this guy will carve a niche for himself in the pros, whether it is as a defensive end, outside linebacker or situational pass rusher.
[color="#000066"]Your Pollack clone, one of the guys tossed in the Senior Bowl[/color]

3b. T. Day/TE/Oregon Height: 6-4 | Weight: 265 | 40-Time: 4.75

Has good size with long arms...Is a smooth athlete with solid quickness...Excellent weapon as a receiver...Has good hands and will make the spectacular catch...Runs good routes and knows how to get open...Adjusts well to poorly thrown balls and displays excellent focus...Can make something happen running after the catch...Showed as a junior that he can be a formidable threat in the red zone.
[color="#000066"]A question mark on his blocking, I say look at the offense he was in. In his Bowl game, I wacthed him stand -up and contain the DE; RB scored a TD.[/color]

4. C. Griffin/CB/Texas Height: 6-2 | Weight: 193 | 40-Time: 4.52

Has great size and a solid build...Very physical and aggressive...Good athlete with a burst...Plays faster than he runs in shorts...Strong and tough...Smart and very instinctive...Not afraid to support the run...Versatile and has experience at multiple positions...Very durable and productive...Has a ton of starting experience. Could potentially move to safety at the next level...Could excel for a Cover 2 team...Underrated because there was so much talent on that Longhorn defense but this guy is a good pro prospect in his own right...Could end up being a steal.
[color="#000066"]May not be here, but praying he is. If not; A. Zemaitas, A. Phillips or M. Minter would still be nice.[/color]

5. T.Wilson/WR/Oak Height: 6-3 | Weight: 213 | 40-Time: 4.51

Has great size and knows how to use his big frame...An outstanding leaper with good body control and ball skills...Physical and very tough...A solid blocker...Big target who does a good job of getting open...Can get downfield and be a vertical threat...Great in the red zone...A hard worker with good intangibles...Still has some upside and might end up getting drafted a little lower than he should. Failed to emerge and live up to the lofty expectations everyone had for him as a senior due in part to the uneven play at quarterback and the loss of Mark Clayton and Mark Bradley...Has some tools to work with and an outstanding blend of size / speed...[u]Could be a steal if he reverts back to the form he showed as a junior.[/u]
[color="#000066"]Work your magic Hue [/color]

6. T.Jackson/QB/Alabama State Height: 6-3 | Weight: 221 | 40-Time: n/a

[color="#000066"]I couldn't find any scouting report, but I know he's got a gun for an arm. He will be on practice Squad for the whole year. Hopefully in his 2nd year he will develope as a #3 and by his third a our back-up. By his fourth teams will be seeking a trade for him. Additionally, NFLDraftCountdown ranks him just below D.J. Schockley, but ahead of D. Olson, B. Smith, J. Betts and M. Robinson.[/color]

7. C.Douglas/OG/Tenn Height: 6-4 | Weight: 330 | 40-Time: 5.30

Has outstanding size...Is very strong and powerful...Stout at the point of attack...Smart player...Is powerful and packs a punch...Versatile and can play multiple positions...Team leader and a hard worker who gives top effort. Has a tattoo of his older brother, a father-figure who was killed in an ATV accident last year, on his right biceps...Mature and married to the girl he dated since they were 16 years old...Solid but unspectacular player who is more of a good backup.
[color="#000066"]Practice Squad [/color]

Iknow, I didn't provide weakness. If you want to know, look it up yourself.
Now bring it :00000052:

Opps, I originally had O. Harris in the 2nd :blush:

Guest whodey 85
:thumbsup:

I really like this draft, except maybe Wilson and Douglas. If your going with a WR in the 5th I like Greg Jennings better if he is there and in the 7th I would like a RB if Jerome Harrison falls that far, doubt it, or Taurean Henderson.

I'm a big fan of Bing and Jackson.

Guest Bengals1181
While I want to pick him up, there is no way in hell Cedric Griffin will be around in the 4th round. He won't make it out of the second and could sneak into the first with a good combine.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='213622' date='Feb 4 2006, 07:18 PM']While I want to pick him up, there is no way in hell Cedric Griffin will be around in the 4th round. He won't make it out of the second and [u]could sneak into the first with a good combine.[/u][/quote]

I know you like him and so do I. NFL Countdown has him at #6 behind:

J.Williams
Tye Hill
Cromartie
Youboty
Marshal

But other sites do not have him in their top 10. I wanted him after the OSU/Texas and USC/Texas.

There is still Blackmon, Joseph, (Both) Jennings, Manning, Minter, Hunter, Zemaitas etc..

Haralson popped out at me during the Senior Bowl, I thought it was O.Harris getting penetration until I looked closer and recognized the T :blush:

Archived