BadassBengal's 3-round Mock Draft!1!1!!!!

Guest BadassBengal

Guest BadassBengal
[size=6]Round 1[/size]

[color="#FF6600"][size=4]Ko Simpson[/size][/color]

S, South Carolina
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 201 | 40-Time: 4.51
[img]http://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper247/stills/a6mg219j.jpg[/img]

Strengths:
Has good size and a solid frame...Very productive and a standout throughout his two year career...Always around the action and has a nose for the ball...Is equally effective as a ballhawk in coverage and in supporting the run...Physical and a good tackler...Good ball skills...Has great instincts...Still improving and has upside.

Weaknesses:
Might not have elite timed speed and needs to run well in workouts to solidify a high grade...Older than the average prospect with his experience and will be a 23-year-old rookie in '06...Might not be quite the pro prospect his college press clippings would lead you to believe...Has only played two years of college football.

Notes:
Burst onto the scene as a true freshman while earning many national honors...A true sophomore who is able to enter the draft this year because he sat out 2003 before enrolling in college, thus making it three years since he graduated from high school...Prospect with a well-rounded game as well as a lot of potential.
[size=6]
Round 2[/size]

[color="#FF6600"][size=4]Manny Lawson[/size][/color]

DE, NC State
Height: 6-6 | Weight: 245 | 40-Time: 4.59
[img]http://images.ewoss.com/MSimages/GATB10410070130.jpg[/img]

Strengths:
An amazing athlete with rare ability...Has outstanding speed and quickness with a great burst...Extremely explosive...Tremendous pass rusher off the edge...Good agility and can drop into coverage...Smart player with good instincts...Good tackler...Makes plays in space...Productive and can be very disruptive...Vertical jump is higher than the device used to measure that stat...Has a lot of upside.

Weaknesses:
He has none. BAB loves him and will probably marry him.

Notes:
Competed as a hurdler, long jumper, triple jumper and relay runner for the Wolfpack track team...The prevalence of the 3-4 defense in the NFL will likely help Lawson's case as he would seem to be a prototypical OLB is that scheme.

[size=6]Round 3[/size]

[color="#FF6600"][size=4]Jonathan Joseph[/size][/color]

CB, South Carolina
Height: 5-11 | Weight: 187 | 40-Time: 4.35
[img]http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper247/stills/56d22r25.jpg[/img]

Strengths:
Has excellent timed and recovery speed...Has pretty good size...Productive and led the team in interceptions in '05...Reliable tackler who will support the run...Has fluid hips and good feet...Looks very natural in coverage with the ability to play man-to-man...Still has a lot of upside and could really develop at the next level.

Weaknesses:
Does not have a lot of experience...Still raw and needs to work on refining his technique and mastering the nuances of the game...Somewhat of a risky pick in that you are largely basing his selection on potential...Durability might be a concern after missed almost the entire 2004 season with a broken foot.

Notes:
Played at Coffeyville (KS) Junior College after high school...Missed all but two games of his first season with the Gamecocks so 2005 was essentially his only year against major competition...A good player already who hasn't yet begun to reach his full potential...Was overshadowed by Ko Simpson but could see his stock soar once teams go back and look at the tape and see him in workouts.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Jason' post='217943' date='Feb 13 2006, 05:57 PM']I assume we are adding a DT in free agency?

What about TE?[/quote]

HELL YEA!

I don't like the idea of drafting a D-lineman yet, especially a DT, since those take alot of time to develop, and there's already some good ones in FA, and our D-line coach sucks so much ass, the player we draft would probably decline.

TE is very deep in this draft. I assume we get one in the 4th round.

I'm also assuming we get rid of Tory James and Duane Clemons. Thus, Lawson and Joseph.

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='217944' date='Feb 13 2006, 06:00 PM'][quote name='Jason' post='217943' date='Feb 13 2006, 05:57 PM']
I assume we are adding a DT in free agency?

What about TE?[/quote]

HELL YEA!

I don't like the idea of drafting a D-lineman yet, especially a DT, since those take alot of time to develop, and there's already some good ones in FA, and our D-line coach sucks so much ass, the player we draft would probably decline.

TE is very deep in this draft. I assume we get one in the 4th round.

I'm also assuming we get rid of Tory James and Duane Clemons. Thus, Lawson and Joseph.
[/quote]

The Manny Lawson pick doesn't really surprise me anyway. I coud see us taking him anyway with his size and athletic ability.

And I have us taking a CB in 3 or 4 in my mock too, although I like Minter from Georgia.

Ko's not great in run support and isin't the most solid tackler. I've seen rumors saying the Bengals are not high on Ko.

Manny Lawson? How in the hell does he help us? We signed Rashad Jenty so wouldn't have waste a drafk pick on a guy like this. TE is A LOT more important that ANOTHER DE/LB tweener.

NO WAY Joseph lasts until the 3rd. He'll be gone it in the 1st. The guy is already a top 5 CB and if you look at the draft history of the past 5 years, the top 4-5 CB are always taken the 1st.

If you want a guy who's a 3rd round CB, but being hyped like a 1st rounder look at Ashton Youboty.

Youboty: From a NFL draft site.

-Unfortunately, all of the athletic skill I have mentioned above that he posses has yet to be perfected and implemented on the field on a consistent basis, which leads me to the believe that he is more athlete than football player
-Too often he looks lost out on the field, who has too much finesse and too little aggressive play in his game for me, in pass defense he gives way too much cushion for the amount of athletic ability he posses and potential upside that would be expected of him
- He also lacks the aggressiveness in run support that will be needed at the next level, and with his rather thin body frame he will need to gain more weight and strength, to me he still needs quite a bit of work technically and physically before he attempts the next level
- To some teams unsuspecting pleasure, if this player were to be drafted higher than the third round, I hope the team that selects him will not be expecting immediate dividends and a finished product on the field
- Whomever selects this player needs to do so with the intent of no significant production from him immediately!

And yet Ashton is being hyped as a 1st rounder..bullshit. he's living off the past names of 1st round OSU CBs like Clements and Gamble.

Take Tye Hill...5-10/180. 4.40 - 40. Drops Ints.

Joseph is 5-11/190. 4.34 - 40 and is a ballhawk.

Whats better about Tye Hill again?

Cromartie is living off his punt returns and has little experience, 25 games, and he rarely started.

Manny Lawson is bigger and faster than Jeanty. And Lawson may wind up replacing Simmons. He is a tweener, EXCEPT he is very very fast for a LB (4.59 40 time - Odell's time by the same site was 4.7).

And Ashton may be a little overrated, but he will be a first round pick nonetheless, unless he has an awful combine.

Guest Bengals1181
Lawson will be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Nice to see we signed Jeanty. I've been hella busy today and haven't been on here much.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='217970' date='Feb 13 2006, 07:36 PM']Ko's not great in run support and isin't the most solid tackler. I've seen rumors saying the Bengals are not high on Ko.

Manny Lawson? How in the hell does he help us? We signed Rashad Jenty so wouldn't have waste a drafk pick on a guy like this. TE is A LOT more important that ANOTHER DE/LB tweener.

NO WAY Joseph lasts until the 3rd. He'll be gone it in the 1st. The guy is already a top 5 CB and if you look at the draft history of the past 5 years, the top 4-5 CB are always taken the 1st.

If you want a guy who's a 3rd round CB, but being hyped like a 1st rounder look at Ashton Youboty.

Youboty: From a NFL draft site.

-Unfortunately, all of the athletic skill I have mentioned above that he posses has yet to be perfected and implemented on the field on a consistent basis, which leads me to the believe that he is more athlete than football player
-Too often he looks lost out on the field, who has too much finesse and too little aggressive play in his game for me, in pass defense he gives way too much cushion for the amount of athletic ability he posses and potential upside that would be expected of him
- He also lacks the aggressiveness in run support that will be needed at the next level, and with his rather thin body frame he will need to gain more weight and strength, to me he still needs quite a bit of work technically and physically before he attempts the next level
- To some teams unsuspecting pleasure, if this player were to be drafted higher than the third round, I hope the team that selects him will not be expecting immediate dividends and a finished product on the field
- Whomever selects this player needs to do so with the intent of no significant production from him immediately!

And yet Ashton is being hyped as a 1st rounder..bullshit. he's living off the past names of 1st round OSU CBs like Clements and Gamble.

Take Tye Hill...5-10/180. 4.40 - 40. Drops Ints.

Joseph is 5-11/190. 4.34 - 40 and is a ballhawk.

Whats better about Tye Hill again?

Cromartie is living off his punt returns and has little experience, 25 games, and he rarely started.[/quote]

Oh, God, leave. You know nothing.

The scouting report says that Ko is good at supporting the run, and now you come out and say he isn't? We don't need Manny Lawson? Manny Lawson is a FREAK, and would be a steal at that position, and he'd be next year's Shawne Merriman. Just stop.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='217989' date='Feb 13 2006, 08:59 PM']Lawson will be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Nice to see we signed Jeanty. I've been hella busy today and haven't been on here much.[/quote]

I think you're right about Lawson.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='218003' date='Feb 13 2006, 09:57 PM']I have read a few times that after the combine, barring any injuries or unusual numbers, Manny Lawson is going to sky rocket into the first round.[/quote]

Once again...I agree. I think Lawson is a guy that may move right into Round 1.

I also think that he could bulk up to be a full-time DE by 2007 and still be faster than most...But I seem to be very much in the minority on that one.

BZ

I know nothing badass?

Well then, neither do you.

You have us taking Jospeh in the 3rd round.

The guy will be gone in the 1st.

Here is a site that projects players and their rounds, this is the CB page:

[url="http://www.draftstudio.com/rankings/cb.htm"]http://www.draftstudio.com/rankings/cb.htm[/url]

Dosen't that say that Joseph is a 2nd rounder?

Oh, and he has 2.5 months to improve his stock and a player can move himself from the 2nd to the 1st with a good combine. It happens all the time.

Jospeh has the talent to be a 1st rounder, and draft history is on his side. The top 4-5 CBs ALWAYS go in the 1st round, and even Kiper has JJ ranked as the #5 CB right now.

Now Ashton...he's a 3rd rounder.

Weakness:

- Is not a very strong tackler for the most part
- Does not take away one side of the field, even though he has the potential to be that good
- Does not have ideal open field speed

How do weak spots in your game like this make you a 1st round consieration, it's simple...Live off names like Clements and Gamble.

And last time I checked "potential" to dominate does NOT get you taken in the 1st round, those kind of guys go in the 3rd.

The guys who already dominate go in the first....like Joseph.

I'll even bet you $20 that Joseph goes before Youboty.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='218089' date='Feb 14 2006, 07:23 AM']I know nothing badass?

Well then, neither do you.

You have us taking Jospeh in the 3rd round.

The guy will be gone in the 1st.

Here is a site that projects players and their rounds, this is the CB page:

[url="http://www.draftstudio.com/rankings/cb.htm"]http://www.draftstudio.com/rankings/cb.htm[/url]

Dosen't that say that Joseph is a 2nd rounder?

Oh, and he has 2.5 months to improve his stock and a player can move himself from the 2nd to the 1st with a good combine. It happens all the time.

Jospeh has the talent to be a 1st rounder, and draft history is on his side. The top 4-5 CBs ALWAYS go in the 1st round, and even Kiper has JJ ranked as the #5 CB right now.

Now Ashton...he's a 3rd rounder.

Weakness:

- Is not a very strong tackler for the most part
- Does not take away one side of the field, even though he has the potential to be that good
- Does not have ideal open field speed

How do weak spots in your game like this make you a 1st round consieration, it's simple...Live off names like Clements and Gamble.

And last time I checked "potential" to dominate does NOT get you taken in the 1st round, those kind of guys go in the 3rd.

The guys who already dominate go in the first....like Joseph.

I'll even bet you $20 that Joseph goes before Youboty.[/quote]

I don't really give a fuck. So because one site says he's projected as a 2nd rounder, it automatically makes mock draft null and void. He MAY have a bad combine. You never know. Just leave.

Hey TWM,

Here are scouting reports on Youboty and Joseph:

Ashton Youboty
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 188 | 40-Time: 4.46

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has excellent size...A solid athlete...Displays good footwork and fluid hips to transition...Has good ball skills and solid hands for the interception...[b]Physical and a solid tackler[/b]...Hails from a program with a strong record of producing top pro cornerbacks as of late...Smart player...Was tested in practice every day going up against Santonio Holmes and Ted Ginn...Still has a lot of upside and potential.

Weaknesses:
Has been known to give up the big play vertically...Inconsistent and will have periods where he looks lost...Still needs to bulk up a bit and get stronger...Lacks a lot of starting experience and is still a little rough around the edges...Will need coaching and development...Doesn't always play up to his talent and ability.

Notes:
Is of Liberian descent...The next great Buckeye cornerback following in the footsteps of guys like Antoine Winfield, Shawn Springs, Nate Clements and Chris Gamble...Would seem to have all the physical tools to be a #1 cover man.

Jonathan Joseph
Height: 5-11 | Weight: 187 | 40-Time: 4.35

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has excellent timed and recovery speed...Has pretty good size...Productive and led the team in interceptions in '05...Reliable tackler who will support the run...Has fluid hips and good feet...Looks very natural in coverage with the ability to play man-to-man...Still has a lot of upside and could really develop at the next level.

Weaknesses:
Does not have a lot of experience...Still raw and needs to work on refining his technique and mastering the nuances of the game...[b]Somewhat of a risky pick in that you are largely basing his selection on potential[/b]...Durability might be a concern after missed almost the entire 2004 season with a broken foot.

Notes:
Played at Coffeyville (KS) Junior College after high school...Missed all but two games of his first season with the Gamecocks so 2005 was essentially his only year against major competition...A good player already who hasn't yet begun to reach his full potential...Was overshadowed by Ko Simpson but could see his stock soar once teams go back and look at the tape and see him in workouts.

This site contradicts a few things you have said.

Archived