Jason's Mock v 3.1

Guest Bengals1181
I could live with it.

Where do we get the extra 3rd round pick though?

Also, I would prefer Mark Anderson over Kudla.

Also, I'd rather us pick up a shorter KR type WR than Orr.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='226230' date='Mar 4 2006, 08:50 PM']I could live with it.

[b]Where do we get the extra 3rd round pick though?[/b]

Also, I'd rather us pick up a shorter KR type WR than Orr.[/quote]

For the epileptic chicken

[quote name='Jason' post='226248' date='Mar 4 2006, 09:30 PM'][quote name='Bengals1181' post='226230' date='Mar 4 2006, 08:50 PM']
I could live with it.

[/quote]

Nice draft :thumbsup:

Also, I would like a shorter KR: Skyler Green, LSU "when he get's in open field, that's when the fun starts"

Guest happyrid
I think both Orr and Brandon Williams of Wisconsin are a bit underrated. I wouldn't mind drafting either of them, especially in the 5th round.

It does sound like Henry will be back though. Worst case at this point is probably a 4 game suspension.

By the way, I like the first two picks a lot. That would solidify the secondary for the next 3-5 years. I think a bigger cornerback like Allen or Youboty who are good tacklers would really help the run game.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Jason' post='226248' date='Mar 4 2006, 09:30 PM'][quote name='Bengals1181' post='226230' date='Mar 4 2006, 08:50 PM']
I could live with it.

[/quote]

I thought it has been established that we wouldn't get that extra pick until the 2007 draft?

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='226345' date='Mar 5 2006, 11:04 AM'][quote name='Jason' post='226248' date='Mar 4 2006, 09:30 PM']
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='226230' date='Mar 4 2006, 08:50 PM']
I could live with it.

[/quote]

I thought it has been established that we wouldn't get that extra pick until the 2007 draft?
[/quote]

Has that been established or speculated?

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='Jason' post='226349' date='Mar 5 2006, 11:24 AM'][quote name='Bengals1181' post='226345' date='Mar 5 2006, 11:04 AM']
[quote name='Jason' post='226248' date='Mar 4 2006, 09:30 PM']
I could live with it.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought it had been established. Cuz if not, someone could just make KW a better offer after the draft right?

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='226365' date='Mar 5 2006, 12:04 PM'][quote name='Jason' post='226349' date='Mar 5 2006, 11:24 AM']
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='226345' date='Mar 5 2006, 11:04 AM']
[quote name='Jason' post='226248' date='Mar 4 2006, 09:30 PM']
I could live with it.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought it had been established. Cuz if not, someone could just make KW a better offer after the draft right?
[/quote]

I'm not so sure.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF in NFL Calendar']April 21 - Signing period ends for restricted free agents

April 28 - Deadline for old club to exercise right of first refusal to restricted free agents.[/quote]

Looks like we would get one this year.

[quote name='Jason' post='226171' date='Mar 4 2006, 06:23 PM']1 Jason Allen DB Tenn
2 Daniel Bullocks S Neb
3 Dusty Dvoracek DT Ok
3 Joe Klopfenstein TE Col
4 Mike Kudla DE tOSU
5 Johnathan Orr WR Wis
6 Anthony Schlegel MLB tOSU
7 Ryan Plackenmeier P Wake[/quote]
You must be a Michigan fan :pointlaff: . It looks like we are going after a safety in free agency D-line in draft.

[quote name='whodeybengals59' post='230337' date='Mar 12 2006, 04:56 PM'][quote name='Jason' post='226171' date='Mar 4 2006, 06:23 PM']
1 Jason Allen DB Tenn
2 Daniel Bullocks S Neb
3 Dusty Dvoracek DT Ok
4 Mike Kudla DE tOSU
5 Johnathan Orr WR Wis
[b]You must be a Michigan fan[/b] :pointlaff: . It looks like we are going after a safety in free agency D-line in draft.
[/quote]

Huh?

Well, considering we haven't signed anybody yet...

And if we sign Milloy, we will draft a safety.

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Jason' post='226171' date='Mar 4 2006, 06:23 PM']1 Jason Allen DB Tenn
2 Daniel Bullocks S Neb
3 Dusty Dvoracek DT Ok
4 Mike Kudla DE tOSU
5 Johnathan Orr WR Wis

[b]Sorry man ..... not excited about a single pick in there ... in fact most of them I think are garbage [/b]

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='230475' date='Mar 12 2006, 08:25 PM'][quote name='Jason' post='226171' date='Mar 4 2006, 06:23 PM']
1 Jason Allen DB Tenn
2 Daniel Bullocks S Neb
3 Dusty Dvoracek DT Ok
4 Mike Kudla DE tOSU
5 Johnathan Orr WR Wis

[b]Sorry man ..... not excited about a single pick in there ... in fact most of them I think are garbage [/b]
[/quote]

and you've also been proven to know jack shit about football. Your point?

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='230521' date='Mar 12 2006, 09:28 PM']and you've also been proven to know jack shit about football. Your point?[/quote]

[b]you're trying my patience ....

It isn't a good idea to talk unwarranted shit to people who with a click of the mouse can make all your shit go away forever ....

:wave: ;) [/b]

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='230604' date='Mar 12 2006, 11:56 PM'][quote name='Bengals1181' post='230521' date='Mar 12 2006, 09:28 PM']
and you've also been proven to know jack shit about football. Your point?[/quote]

[b]you're trying my patience ....

It isn't a good idea to talk unwarranted shit to people who with a click of the mouse can make all your shit go away forever ....

:wave: ;) [/b]
[/quote]

oooooooooooooooooooooooo

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='230475' date='Mar 12 2006, 08:25 PM'][quote name='Jason' post='226171' date='Mar 4 2006, 06:23 PM']
1 Jason Allen DB Tenn
2 Daniel Bullocks S Neb
3 Dusty Dvoracek DT Ok
4 Mike Kudla DE tOSU
5 Johnathan Orr WR Wis

[/quote]

That doesn't bother me at all. It's not my dream draft, nor is it what I would do if I were GM (necessarily). It was my attempt to anticipate what I think the Bengals will do based on talent, who I think will be available, a little on need, and to some degree what I think they will do. But they are all players I think are good, and good value at the spot they are taken.

Add to that I know how much you know about college football...

:D

Oh, v 3.1 coming soon based on 2 7th round picks.

Guest Bengals1181
the more I look at this draft, the more I like it. The first 5 picks are very solid, although I would still lean to Mark Anderson over Kudla if he is available, as well as a Wr that can return punts instead of Orr.

Very solid draft however, and I'd take it in a heartbeat.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='230719' date='Mar 13 2006, 08:18 AM']the more I look at this draft, the more I like it. The first 5 picks are very solid, although I would still lean to Mark Anderson over Kudla if he is available, as well as a Wr that can return punts instead of Orr.

Very solid draft however, and I'd take it in a heartbeat.[/quote]

I would too. I think it would help our overall team speed on D, and meet a couple of needs without reaching. But my dream draft would have Bunkley and/or Pope. But I don't see them taking Pope in 1, and he'll be gone in 2. And Bunkley will be gone before we ever get to the board.

[quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='230758' date='Mar 13 2006, 10:30 AM']Why is everyone so high on Kudla?

He seems like a workout warrior, and not much else.

As many like to say, he was possibly made better by the 3 great LBs that were protecting his ass.

I would much rather take a guy like Jason Hatcher in the 5th.[/quote]

How many OSU games did you see?

I think Kudla is underrated. He had 3 sacks in the Fiesta bowl, and he ran down Lawrence Maroney from behind to drop him for a loss when OSU played Minnesota.

And usually it's the D-line making the LBs look better, not the other way around.

[quote name='Jason' post='230763' date='Mar 13 2006, 10:37 AM'][quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='230758' date='Mar 13 2006, 10:30 AM']
Why is everyone so high on Kudla?

He seems like a workout warrior, and not much else.

As many like to say, he was possibly made better by the 3 great LBs that were protecting his ass.

I would much rather take a guy like Jason Hatcher in the 5th.[/quote]

How many OSU games did you see?

[b]I think Kudla is underrated.[/b] He had 3 sacks in the Fiesta bowl, and he ran down Lawrence Maroney from behind to drop him for a loss when OSU played Minnesota.

And usually it's the D-line making the LBs look better, not the other way around.
[/quote]

i would have to agree, and even if he was made better by the 3 great LB's that were behind him then it looks like he would shine in our system because we have some pretty damn good linebackers. i would have no problem with drafting him, hes strong and hes quick.

I always hear you talking about Jason Allen. I don't really think he is worth the #1 pick. He might still be around when we pick in the second. I'm not saying he's not a good player, I just want to know why you are so hype on him. As for Bullocks, I like him more and more the more I hear about him. Love the Klopfenstein pick, and Kudla/Mark Anderson I'd be happy with either. Plus the punter and this draft is pretty good. But I'm pretty flexible with the draft this year, there are a lot of prospects we could end up with.

[quote name='natifanatic' post='231579' date='Mar 14 2006, 10:27 AM']I always hear you talking about Jason Allen. I don't really think he is worth the #1 pick. He might still be around when we pick in the second. I'm not saying he's not a good player, I just want to know why you are so hype on him. As for Bullocks, I like him more and more the more I hear about him. Love the Klopfenstein pick, and Kudla/Mark Anderson I'd be happy with either. Plus the punter and this draft is pretty good. But I'm pretty flexible with the draft this year, there are a lot of prospects we could end up with.[/quote]

Before Jason Allen got hurt, he was a VERY highly rated DB that could play CB or S. The only question was his health. When he ran sub-4.4 40 at the combine, he convinced me his recovery was well along. I like his size too. He isn't my first choice with the 1st rould pick, but the guy I want most (Bunkley) will be gone, and my second choice (Leonard Pope) probably won't be the direction the Bengals go in 1. So I think Jason Allen has a good chance of being the pick.

Archived