Who was pimping DT Anthony Montgomery?

Guest fredtoast

Guest fredtoast
[i]Anthony Montgomery (DT Minn):
Montgomery (6-4 7/8, 311) ran two 40s in 5.24 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.67 and three-cone drill in 7.79. He also had a 28-inch vertical jump, an 8-foot-10 broad jump and 20 bench presses. He also performed offensive-line position drills.[/i]

He is one of the slowest and weakest DTs in this years draft.

20 reps on the bench is just pathetic for a DT. QB Jay Cutler did 23.

I did last year and around the super bowl. Wrenched Mass was really pimping him hard though. He had a shitty combine I still think if given a accual shot he could be a productive DT in the league.

Pros: Big body, quick, strong, plugs up running holes, dominant run stopper, gets great push off the line of scrimmage. Has also played NT.
Cons: Can be stopped in the passing game by better OL, can have games where he disappears, needs to get more consistent.

He did get alot of double teams.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' post='228420' date='Mar 9 2006, 03:45 PM']In his pro day workout, he actually did some offensive line positional drills aswell.......interesting![/quote]

I think that was a typo. But maybe not.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='TheWretchedMass' post='228738' date='Mar 10 2006, 03:56 AM']AM did do Oline drills, which will raise his stock a little, so maybe he won't be a UFA but a very late rounder.

Ok, so he didn't put up the greatest numbers in the world but the guy is/was still one HELL of a DT.

[b]Anthony was NOT invited to the combine.[/b][/quote]

and that's so to be a positive for him?

Archived