Harrington deal could be done by Monday

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' post='241862' date='Apr 1 2006, 12:07 PM']John Clayton on sportscenter this morning said a deal could be done by Monday for Harrington. He said we would sign him to a one year 3 million dollar contract. No word on what we would trade for him.[/quote]

Why pay that for a poor playing piano playing panzy?

Guest BlueKat
[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='242782' date='Apr 3 2006, 07:48 AM']God, is Krenzel really that bad? I know he scored a 38 or 39 on his wonderlic test. Does anybody have his combine numbers. I say give him a chance to start the preseason and see how he does. If we spend 3 Mil a year for a 2nd string QB, that is crazy. He is a National Champion QB.[/quote]

Krenzel is just a younger version of Kitna. Whats his national championship have to do with Pro ball?
Whats that prove? That he hands the ball off well. Just cause he was there doesnt mean HE won the championship for that team. He has a noodle arm. And if they arent 100% sure that Carson will be back at the beginning of the season, then it makes perfect sense to pay that much for a back-up for this season.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='242782' date='Apr 3 2006, 07:48 AM']God, is Krenzel really that bad? I know he scored a 38 or 39 on his wonderlic test. Does anybody have his combine numbers. I say give him a chance to start the preseason and see how he does. If we spend 3 Mil a year for a 2nd string QB, that is crazy. He is a National Champion QB.[/quote]

[quote]Craig Krenzel

Position:
QB

College:
Ohio State

Projected Selection:
Round7

[b]Pros:[/b] Great Leader, Smart

[b]Cons:[/b] Arm Strength, Accuracy

COMBINE UPDATE:
HEIGHT:6.03.4
WEIGHT:228
40 AVERAGE:4.80

Craig Krenzel was a tremendous college quarterback, leading Ohio State to a National Title two years ago and a Top 5 ranking this past season. Krenzel is the ultimate general in the huddle and he does a tremendous job managing the game.

What Krenzel lacks in talent, he makes up with smartness and attitude. Krenzel has a never say die attitude and it showed as Ohio State constantly pulled out close games.

Unfortunately for Krenzel, that attitude and smarts won’t make him a good NFL quarterback. He’ll likely go the way of Ken Dorsey, who was a much better passing quarterback in college then Krenzel every was. In fact, it is very unlikely that Krenzel will be drafted at all.

Despite being invited to the combine, Krenzel doesn’t have the arm strength to be an NFL quarterback, nor does he have the accuracy. While Krenzel is accurate enough on short passes, that accuracy won’t mix in the NFL because he doesn’t have the juice to get the ball to the guy before a quick defender can make a break on the ball.

[b]Final Say:[/b] Krenzel could shift to wide-reciever, but as a Molecular Genetics major, he’ll likely go on to be a scientist or something else, but no one will forget what he did for Ohio State.[/quote]

[url="http://www.nflfans.com/draft/2004/showplayer.php?key=Craig+Krenzel"]http://www.nflfans.com/draft/2004/showplay...y=Craig+Krenzel[/url]

[quote][b]11. Craig Krenzel, QB, Ohio State (6-4, 225) -- Strengths:[/b] Has good touch on intermediate routes. Has a quick, compact delivery. Mobile in the pocket, and can make plays with his feet; is far from a sitting duck back there. Gritty and hard-nosed; never slides, but instead takes punishment for the extra yards. Krenzel showed a lot of leadership as a senior by bouncing back from injuries and taking the team on his shoulders when the running game struggled.

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] Deeper routes that require zip on the ball aren't always perfectly accurate, and he will overthrow long tosses and send the ball wobbling. Holds the ball too long; when there's nothing there, he needs to get rid of the ball. He leaves the ball with too much air under it on deep routes, allowing the beaten defensive back to catch up. Tends to push the ball when he gets tired.[/quote]

[url="http://www.kffl.com/article.php/4786/163"]http://www.kffl.com/article.php/4786/163[/url]

Guest TheBeaverHunter
Yeah I didn't know he had that weak of an arm. We need someone with a cannon that can open up the field. I still don't think we should pay 3 mil for a backup QB. I think 3 mil and a draft pick for a guy who's rating is under 70 is just plain stupid.

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='242795' date='Apr 3 2006, 09:20 AM']Yeah I didn't know he had that week of an arm. We need someone with a cannon that can open up the field. I still don't think we should pay 3 mil for a backup QB. I think 3 mil and a draft pick for a guy who's rating is under 70 is just plain stupid.[/quote]

not that I'm saying he has a strong arm, but this is just one scouts opinion. This scout alone said he wouldn't even be drafted, and he was.

Scouts get paid for their opinions. That doesn't mean they're always right though. :)

Dolphins | Agent denies Harrington prefers Miami
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 11:19:38 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports agent David Dunn debunked a weekend report that Detroit Lions QB Joey Harrington preferred the Miami Dolphins over the Cincinnati Bengals, the only two teams with which Harrington has visited so far. "He liked both situations," Dunn told ESPN.com. "He liked the organizations and the coaches and, in a lot of ways, there are similarities, with both the (starting quarterbacks) coming off injuries. Nothing has been decided yet, but I don't think it will be a whole lot longer." The third team that has demonstrated the most interest in Harrington, the Denver Broncos, have not scheduled a visit.

Archived