ESPN Insider Complete 7 Round Mock

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='252125' date='Apr 19 2006, 07:07 PM']Don't test me boy, if I said Strahan played at 255, he played at fucking 255, you got me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[url="http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/pub/review.cfm?Sc_ID=198"]Link[/url] for paragraph above
Pwnage!!! Could it be that the all-knowing akili4mvp really doesn't know has much as he thinks he does?????? Maybe so...

Here at Junebug's BBQ shack we got bbq crow, cajun crow, pickled crow...whatever type of crow you want we got...What will be akili...

One more for good measure..

Taken from [url="http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=334&p=2&c=483878"]Scouts.com[/url]
[img]http://haacked.com/images/ShoNuffFullSize.gif[/img]
Whose the masta!!!!!!!![/quote]

SHAZAM!

thats pure ownage right there, my brutha. that was beautiful.

and, also, Manny Lawson is gonna develop into a Strahan type player, except he will be even FASTER. Lawson runs a goddamn 4.4. I can give up a bit of speed to get him bulkier, and it wont even effect his performance, cause he's just a monster.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='252198' date='Apr 19 2006, 08:34 PM']Okay so Strahan weighs 255-260.... that still doesn't make Lawson any better against the run, and he still weighs 238 pounds. :boring:[/quote]

Tell me, we need help against the run, and improved pass rush, correct?

Manny has the potential to be an elite pass rusher.

Tell me, how many DEs are great against the run AND the pass?

Not many.

How many of those DEs fall to 24?

[b][size=4]NONE.[/size][/b]

Manny can help an area of need.

[quote name='Jason' post='252424' date='Apr 20 2006, 08:49 AM']Tell me, we need help against the run, and improved pass rush, correct?

Manny has the potential to be an elite pass rusher.

Tell me, how many DEs are great against the run AND the pass?

Not many.

How many of those DEs fall to 24?

[b][size=4]NONE.[/size][/b]

Manny can help an area of need.[/quote]
With Lawson, we improve our pass rush but weaken the run defense even further. And Lawson will not hold up as anything more than a situational pass rusher. He's fast and all that but he just doesn't have the size to take on tackles 1 on 1, and most fullbacks in the NFL are bigger than him as well. He's not even close to an every down player and you guys just ignore that because he put up great combine numbers. Manny has the potential to be an elite pass rusher as a [b]3-4 outside linebacker[/b].

Hali is a monster against the run, he should definitely be available in round 1. Ray Edwards is good against the run, he'll be there in 2 maybe even 3. Victor Adeyanju, Eric Henderson, and James Wyche are just a few defensive ends that can rush the passer and stop the run.

Insiders updated their mock today. Only change in 1st two rounds. Don't like. I'm not a fan of taking a TE in the first...... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img]

rd1-Mercedes Lewis | TE | UCLA
rd2-Mark Anderson | DE | Alabama
rd3-DeMario Minter | DC | Georgia
rd4-Jerious Norwood | RB/KR | Mississippi State
rd5-Greg Blue | DS/OLB | Georgia
rd6-Darrell Hackney | QB | UAB
rd7a-Rob Ninkovich | DE | Purdue
rd7b-Freddie Roach | ILB | Alabama

Marvin must be (or hopefully is) starting his misinformation campaign..... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/32.gif[/img]

Guest fredtoast
I watched Hackney play against Tennessee this year. He is a thick, strong QB with a powerful arm. Also very tough. Tennesse laid some good shots on him, but he still had a decent game (27-38, 282, 1 td, 1 int)

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='akiliMVP' post='252427' date='Apr 20 2006, 09:04 AM']With Lawson, we improve our pass rush but weaken the run defense even further. And Lawson will not hold up as anything more than a situational pass rusher. He's fast and all that but he just doesn't have the size to take on tackles 1 on 1, and most fullbacks in the NFL are bigger than him as well. He's not even close to an every down player and you guys just ignore that because he put up great combine numbers. Manny has the potential to be an elite pass rusher as a [b]3-4 outside linebacker[/b].

Hali is a monster against the run, he should definitely be available in round 1. Ray Edwards is good against the run, he'll be there in 2 maybe even 3. Victor Adeyanju, Eric Henderson, and James Wyche are just a few defensive ends that can rush the passer and stop the run.[/quote]

Smith is a monster against the run. We have a DE that is a monster against the run. We need a DE that's a monster against the pass. Just stop bitching. Lawson > Hali. Lawson wouldn't weaken our defense. He'd be replacing fucking Geathers. Geathers isn't exactly a studmuffin.

And if Greg Blue dropped that far, and we got him, I'd be ecstatic.

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='252660' date='Apr 20 2006, 03:37 PM']Smith is a monster against the run. We have a DE that is a monster against the run. We need a DE that's a monster against the pass. Just stop bitching. Lawson > Hali. Lawson wouldn't weaken our defense. He'd be replacing fucking Geathers. Geathers isn't exactly a studmuffin.
And if Greg Blue dropped that far, and we got him, I'd be ecstatic.[/quote]
I know Marvin and Bresnahan have said many many times, you stop the run with all 11 players. If they both believe that, why in the hell would we draft a situational pass rusher that cannot defend the run?

I think that whatever DE we draft is going to replace Smith, not Geathers. Geathers is only 22 years old, the dude is still young and has the potential to develop into a pretty good player.

As a DE - Hali > Lawson
As an OLB - Lawson > Hali

[quote name='The Scales' post='252077' date='Apr 19 2006, 06:05 PM']echo....
Manny is Playing Hybrid in our new top secret defense....
/echo....[/quote]

It's actually called the 'FLEX' Defense.

[quote name='The Scales' post='252155' date='Apr 19 2006, 07:36 PM']and check this out mvp, we have been slowly building our new top secret defense for the last three years...
Reporter: "So what happens when you get a great pass rusher?"

Marvin: " You want another!"[/quote]

Again...It's called the 'FLEX'...And it is going to be Marvin and Chuck B's legacy contribution.

BZ

Guest Whodey420
[quote name='akiliMVP' post='252427' date='Apr 20 2006, 09:04 AM']With Lawson, we improve our pass rush but weaken the run defense even further. And Lawson will not hold up as anything more than a situational pass rusher. He's fast and all that but he just doesn't have the size to take on tackles 1 on 1, and most fullbacks in the NFL are bigger than him as well. He's not even close to an every down player and you guys just ignore that because he put up great combine numbers. Manny has the potential to be an elite pass rusher as a [b]3-4 outside linebacker[/b].

Hali is a monster against the run, he should definitely be available in round 1. Ray Edwards is good against the run, he'll be there in 2 maybe even 3. Victor Adeyanju, Eric Henderson, and James Wyche are just a few defensive ends that can rush the passer and stop the run.[/quote]

Didnt Marvin himself say the run defense problem had nothing to do with the D-Line but the
poor tackling and over pursuing/poor angles from the LB'ers and Safeties. You agreed a few
posts ago that it takes 11 guys to stop the run but yet you want to keep pinning it on the front

[quote name='Whodey420' post='253103' date='Apr 21 2006, 11:19 AM']Didnt Marvin himself say the run defense problem had nothing to do with the D-Line but the
poor tackling and over pursuing/poor angles from the LB'ers and Safeties. You agreed a few
posts ago that it takes 11 guys to stop the run but yet you want to keep pinning it on the front
4.[/quote]
Please show me where I blamed the front 4 for the run defense! I said with Lawson at defensive end we would have a weakness against the run, never one time did I blame the current starters we have now.

Archived