Bengals Scrimmage - Live!

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='308831' date='Aug 4 2006, 02:02 PM']This is great. I was going to go down tonight, but then I got a last minute call about a gig, so I have to stay in town. I'll be able to watch it before I leave the house. Beautiful![/quote]
are you a musician?

[quote name='SlantNGo' post='309407' date='Aug 4 2006, 09:41 PM']Did anyone notice Stacy in there with the first team at right guard? I heard Lapham mentioning that Bobbie was resting tonight, but I would have expected Kooistra to be the top backup there. So I take this to mean that Stacy has moved ahead, and I think he did a good job today.[/quote]
Barring injuries I expect Kooistra to be in the last group of cuts. With three starters currently unsigned for 2007, the Bengals can't afford to keep a career backup on the squad. This is why Andrews and Whitworth are currently getting work at both guard and tackle, as they are likely to be active backups this year and potential starters next season. The same may apply to Ghirciac and Wilkerson. Maybe Kieft gets put on the practice squad so that he can ease his way back into the club's 2007 plans while continuing to regain strength in his knee.

[quote name='dex' post='309565' date='Aug 5 2006, 07:30 AM']Barring injuries I expect Kooistra to be in the last group of cuts. With three starters currently unsigned for 2007, the Bengals can't afford to keep a career backup on the squad. This is why Andrews and Whitworth are currently getting work at both guard and tackle, [b]as they are likely to be active backups this year and potential starters next season.[/b] The same may apply to Ghirciac and Wilkerson. Maybe Kieft gets put on the practice squad so that he can ease his way back into the club's 2007 plans while continuing to regain strength in his knee.[/quote]

Agreed, I think its obvious they are looking at both Whitworth and Andrews as locks for the 45 man active roster week in and week out. Kooistra played that role last year where he played both Guard and Tackle. Looks like Kooistra maybe sliding down the depth chart.

[quote]Anyone else notice any other potential injuries?

Just curious. I hope no one went down.[/quote]

The news on David Pollack might not be so fortunate for the Bengals. Pollack is believed to have a pulled hamstring, though nothing official has been released by the team. Pollack has had a strong training camp and is looking like the big-play linebacker the Bengals invested the No. 17 overall pick in in 2005.

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='jjvolt' post='309511' date='Aug 5 2006, 01:56 AM']are you a musician?[/quote]

Yes. It was just as well that I didn't go down, because I wasn't leaving until 2 or 3 and that would have been too late. As it was, I watched the scrimmage until 8 o'clock, got on the road and realized that I had left both my cymbal bags in my wife's car; she went to bingo and her cell phone was off. I had to turn around and go buy cymbals in a hurry - I got a great deal and ended up adding the perfect compliments to the cymbals I already use on my #1 kit for less than I would have payed for one of those cheesy cymbal packs that I thought I was going to have to get. Anyway, I get down to the gig late - and the guy had given me the wrong day - the gig is tonight, and I've got a gig out of town tonight.

So, I cancelled the scrimmage trip under the notion that I would make money rather than spend money and ended up spending a whole lot more money than I would have had I gone to the scrimmage. But, I saved myself a hair-raising crowd experience, avoided being late to the gig, and ended up with a perfect excuse to spend money on cymbals that I wanted with no back-talk from the wife. All's well that ends well.

Guest oldschooler
I would have been one pissed off motherfucker, if I had traveled
down there, only to be turned away...

[quote][size=5][b]Fans Flock To Bengals Scrimmage, Some Turned Away[/b][/size]

LAST UPDATE: 8/5/2006 11:52:05 AM

The "Roar of The Jungle" was heard in Georgetown, Kentucky Friday as the Cincinnati Bengals faced off in the season's first intrasquad scrimmage.

Thousands of fans flocked to tiny Georgetown College, the site of the Bengals training camp. It meant gridlock unlike anything the town has seen before.

[b]However, some fans made the trip, only to be turned away at the gates.[/b]

The team estimated the crowd at 9,400.[/quote]

[url="http://www.wkrc.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=708F5E1D-FE9B-4115-AB6D-FB6C309D2A56"]http://www.wkrc.com/news/local/story.aspx?...6D-FB6C309D2A56[/url]

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Bengals Nation! Friday Scrimmage Gets 13,500 Views on wkrc.com[/b][/size]

LAST UPDATE: 8/4/2006 10:11:47 PM

Bengals Nation went live on the web tonight. Local 12 provided live video streaming of Friday evening's Bengals scrimmage - the first of the practice season.

The event drew just over 13,500 views in a span of two hours.

Thousands of fans watched tonight's scrimmage in person at Toyota Stadium in Georgetown, Kentucky.
For those who did not attend the scrimmage or watch it LIVE on WKRC.com, [size=3][b]you can watch the replay now![/b][/size][/quote]

[size=5][b]Click the link below for a REPLAY of last night`s scrimmage ! [/b][/size]

[url="http://www.wkrc.com/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoId=11415@video.wkrc.com,11415@video.wkrc.com&navCatId=51&2=6"]http://www.wkrc.com/mediacenter/default.as...atId=51&2=6[/url]

Archived