Should we sell the farm for Rudi??????

Anyone out there find these comments interesting???

“Everybody thought the world would end when Corey left. For years, everybody kept saying the running game is all Corey. [color="orange"][[u]I][b]I kept telling you, give us any good running back, (the offensive line) will get the yards.” [/b][/I][/u][/color]
--Pro Bowl right tackle Willie Anderson after running back Rudi Johnson broke Corey Dillon’s single-season rushing record for the Bengals with 1,454 yards. Jan. 2, 2005.

At the right price---a price that allows you to address your other needs---of course bring him back. If not, Thanks for the memories and goodbye!!!

Are we not in this same situation again???? Only this time it is Rudi MANY feel we must have to be successfull?

I read that and interpreted the slam on Corey, but didn't think he intended it to mean that Rudi is all that interchangeable. No question that the O-line deserves much of the credit, and Corey didn't always see that, i.e. Leon thought he got the yards in spite of the O-line not because of it. Rudi's first comments on his record were how it was a reflection of the team and O-line in particular. Rudi fits well here and you gotta love his humble, working man attitude.

When you consider everything...Yes we do need to re-sign Rudi...I will concede the point that a different RB could be successful for us, but the signal to the entire world we would be very negative if we let a player like Rudi go...Corey was a cancer and in reality most people knew we had to get rid of him, but Rudi is a entirely different player (read: better)...If you want ALL free agents to seriously consider Cincinnati, letting a player like Rudi can't be the way to make the Bengals an attractive destination

[quote name='esjbh2' date='Jan 4 2005, 06:12 PM']I read that and interpreted the slam on Corey, but didn't think he intended it to mean that Rudi is all that interchangeable.  No question that the O-line deserves much of the credit, and Corey didn't always see that, i.e. Leon thought he got the yards in spite of the O-line not because of it.  Rudi's first comments on his record were how it was a reflection of the team and O-line in particular.  Rudi fits well here and you gotta love his humble, working man attitude.
[right][post="33053"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

All I get out of it is this-------he says what he says---and it take it for what he says.

[b][color="orange"]"I kept telling you, give us any good running back, (the offensive line) will get the yards.” [/color][/b]

My take on what he says is, give any good offensive line a good running back and the yards will come.

Just ask Denver, Pitts, just ask Big Willie (as Dillon/Rudi are proof of this)

Archived