Saints Row

Seriously, ever since I picked this up I can't put it down. Madden is a distant memory for me as I cruise around and create mayhem. I made my character look like Chris Henry (the character creation is great, I also have one character that absolutely looks like me...), and the irony is in the game you can drink alcohol and drive at the same time, and carry guns right in front of cops without ever being pulled over. Stillwater = Chris Henry's Utopia.

Graphically so much better than GTA, gameplay is better in some parts (like targeting and AI), but also not quite as varied as GTA (no bikes or flying vehicles). But you also don't die falling into water and the cars last a lot longer. Plus you can store as many vehicles as you want in your garage.

Either way, this comes highly recommended. It has multiplayer online (also with coop and team based components) as well for those of you who like to have an online game in between madden sessions.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='ValleyBengal' post='331204' date='Sep 5 2006, 01:24 PM']Seriously, ever since I picked this up I can't put it down. Madden is a distant memory for me as I cruise around and create mayhem. I made my character look like Chris Henry (the character creation is great, I also have one character that absolutely looks like me...), and the irony is in the game you can drink alcohol and drive at the same time, and carry guns right in front of cops without ever being pulled over. Stillwater = Chris Henry's Utopia.

Graphically so much better than GTA, gameplay is better in some parts (like targeting and AI), but also not quite as varied as GTA (no bikes or flying vehicles). But you also don't die falling into water and the cars last a lot longer. Plus you can store as many vehicles as you want in your garage.

Either way, this comes highly recommended. It has multiplayer online (also with coop and team based components) as well for those of you who like to have an online game in between madden sessions.[/quote]

ive been tempted by this, but i got so sick of GTA after playing for a few days.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='331256' date='Sep 5 2006, 02:16 PM']ive been tempted by this, but i got so sick of GTA after playing for a few days.[/quote]

Can't say that if you didn't like GTA you'll like this one, but to me it has a "touch" that GTA was missing for some reason. Can't exactly put my finger on it, but I'm really enjoying this one. Maybe it's the fun ragdoll physics and the ton of things you can try doing in this game. In GTA, it was sort of bland since the game reacted the same way to everything. Might wanna rent first if you're not into that type of gameplay...

[quote name='Bengals Fan #9' post='331354' date='Sep 5 2006, 03:38 PM']Could you possibly post some pictures of your character? This guy on xbox.com made his guy look like Chuck Norris it was too funny!![/quote]

I'll post it tonight if i get around to it. It's Chris Henry when he had the corn rows. I'll deck him out in Orange gear too for added realism.

[quote name='Bengals Fan #9' post='331354' date='Sep 5 2006, 03:38 PM']Could you possibly post some pictures of your character? This guy on xbox.com made his guy look like Chuck Norris it was too funny!![/quote]

Not the best pic, but you get the idea...

[img]http://img331.imageshack.us/img331/7827/dscn1331qw0.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Kochman' post='331622' date='Sep 5 2006, 07:58 PM']Did you just design Chris Henry?[/quote]

Yeah, he did.

[quote name='ValleyBengal' post='331204' date='Sep 5 2006, 01:24 PM']Seriously, ever since I picked this up I can't put it down. Madden is a distant memory for me as I cruise around and create mayhem. [b]I made my character look like Chris Henry[/b] (the character creation is great, I also have one character that absolutely looks like me...), and the irony is in the game you can drink alcohol and drive at the same time, and carry guns right in front of cops without ever being pulled over. [b]Stillwater = Chris Henry's Utopia.[/b][/quote]

Archived