Anyone know the method behind...

[quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='337226' date='Sep 11 2006, 02:16 PM']So the NFL network is going to replay the 4 "best" games from every week on Tuesday and Thursday now. Does anyone know the selection criteria behind it? Is it determined by fan voting? Or does the NFL decide what their "best" games were?

Thanks.[/quote]BS answer - They show the games that have my fantasy players in them - but not those that I already watched/Tivoed or which were on Thursday/Sunday/Monday night. Steve Sabol calls me up at home on Sunday night to get the list. This week's games will be Arizona/San Francisco, Buffalo/New England, Denver/St Louis and Baltimore/Tampa Bay.

Actual answer - Dunno.

I have a feeling most of the games are decided ahead of time. They pick the popular games, such as the Manning Bowl, or the Cowboys and their newly acquired TO. I'm not sure, but that's my opinion.

It seemed last year, when they only did 2 games, that one would be the "big match up" of the week... no matter the quality of the actual game. The other would be kind of random, and it seemed as though they tried to involve almost every halfway decent team at some point throughout the season.

Guest CincyInDC
[quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='337226' date='Sep 11 2006, 03:16 PM']So the NFL network is going to replay the 4 "best" games from every week on Tuesday and Thursday now. Does anyone know the selection criteria behind it? Is it determined by fan voting? Or does the NFL decide what their "best" games were?

Thanks.[/quote]

I would wager it comes down to ratings. But I'm jaded like that.

Archived