Unpublished Tsunami Photo

Bunghole

I normally wouldn't post something like this, but I like being reminded of how lucky I really am, and how much the survivors of the Tsunami in Asia could use your help (money).
I'm warning you, it's gruesome.

[img]http://img84.exs.cx/img84/1977/tsunamivictims4nl0ah.jpg[/img]

I'm glad I started this thread. I had reservations about it, especially since anyone who regularly watches the news has probably recieved their fill of negativity, with regards to this Tsunami issue as well as other issues.
What I really find compelling about these types of tragedies is what it does to people (I mean the ones that weren't killed)...tragedy unifies peoples across the globe unlike any other natural phenomenon. It is somehow uplifting to see the planet unite for a common cause, no matter how extreme it has to be to get people to care or even pay attention.
I wish the same thing were true about Somalia, and anywhere in the world where people suffer as a result of subjugation, disease, famine or war.
We are the richest nation ever in the history of the Earth and we DO give and help more in terms of $$$ than anyone else on this rock we call home. Yet somehow I always feel that we should be doing more to benefit humanity with our resources, instead of being so choosy about our military "interventions", humanitarian aid and such. if we're going to be the White Hat wearing world's policemen, we have to respond to pretty much [i][b][u]ALL
[/u][/b][/i] cries for help, not just a few. And that's even given the state of the world after terrorism's upsurge.
I think helping those across the globe will not only help our standing within the world outlook, it will make us better people.

OK...I sound like a Democrat now. It's just that when I look at just HOW MANY dead bodies are in this photo, I instantly think about the family ramifications, like, "there's somebody's daddy"...well I'M somebody's Daddy and I can't imagine life without my Son. Yet here are all these people....and there are SO MANY!

I guess I should stop now. The alcohol is taking effect.
But you know what I mean.
Don't you?

I meant to add that the greatest reminder of tragedies such as these is that it's a refreshing dose of humility for those that live in Westernized countries that ever get caught up in thinking that their lives suck...I am eternally grateful for my good fortune to be alive, relatively well, an American, being richer than 2/3rds of the planet with just my measly pay, I am never hungry, etc etc.
We are blessed and fortunate beyond belief.
"Count your lucky stars" my Grandmother used to always say.
I'm countin'.... ^_^

I want people to read and respond to this thread!!
I will continue to bump it....starting tomorrow, I need my bed now...which 1/2 of the world probably doesn't enjoy...a bed, that is, with 1000 threadcount sheets and a firm mattress...ya get what I'm saying here people?
Dammit.....feel guilty!!
J/K, be thankful...it could be so much worse than what we have now....

Thanks for puting up with me, y'all.....
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img]

That picture really shows the magnatude
of the whole thing...Since I've had
my son, I've turned into a major pansy
and cry over everything...I feel sick and
heart-struck for these people who have
lost their fathers, mothers, children...like
you said Bung, I couldn't imagine my life
without my son....there are people grieving
or searching for each person laying
in that pool of debris...I couldn't imagine...
I honestly don't think I would want to live if
that happened to my family.

p.s...you will always be BUNGHOLE to me.

Archived