Bob Huggins and KS

Storm

[url="http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=605388"]Kansas St[/url]

[b]Recruiting has been Bob Huggins' No. 1 focus since arriving at Kansas State, and Huggins' hard work paid off today when he landed the top-rated recruiting class in the nation. Here are the signing day comments of the Wildcat head coach concerning Michael Beasley, Fred Brown, Jacob Pullen, Dominique Sutton and Bill Walker. [/b]

Damn!

[quote name='sneaky' post='382605' date='Nov 10 2006, 05:05 AM']I miss Huggs!!! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img][/quote]

Me too, but Cronin will pay off in a year or two.

Huggins COULD have pulled this off at UC, he just needed time in the Big East (or a major conference). He had Walker AND Mayo ready to committ if he was still around. Beasley would have followed as well (that would have been the #1, 2 and 3 players in HS) and he had Jason Bennett committ to UC before he was fired. It was always about being in a mid major conference w/ potential recruits that held them from coming to Clifton. Now that he's in the Big 12, he is showing what he could have done here.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='382778' date='Nov 10 2006, 05:40 PM']Me too, but Cronin will pay off in a year or two.

Huggins COULD have pulled this off at UC, he just needed time in the Big East (or a major conference). He had Walker AND Mayo ready to committ if he was still around. Beasley would have followed as well (that would have been the #1, 2 and 3 players in HS) and he had Jason Bennett committ to UC before he was fired. It was always about being in a mid major conference w/ potential recruits that held them from coming to Clifton. Now that he's in the Big 12, he is showing what he could have done here.[/quote]

I remember Huggins having some pretty damn good recruiting classes here at Cincinnati

[quote name='Storm' post='382839' date='Nov 10 2006, 05:58 PM']I remember Huggins having some pretty damn good recruiting classes here at Cincinnati[/quote]

You're right, but it was Cronin who was mostly responsible for getting them to come to UC. He was the chief recruiter.

UC did lose out on many good players though due to the conference they were in....TJ Ford for example.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='IKOTA' post='382882' date='Nov 10 2006, 04:41 PM']You're right, but it was Cronin who was mostly responsible for getting them to come to UC. He was the chief recruiter.

UC did lose out on many good players though due to the conference they were in....TJ Ford for example.[/quote]
yep and as soon as Cronin left Huggins recruiting got worse too.

Archived