What is gona happen to the last big Guy

So far no word on adams apeal. The game is today. They were suppose to hear it before the game. Still 8 hours left though. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/28.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/28.gif[/img]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='391581' date='Nov 21 2006, 11:18 AM']I have no idea what this thread is about.[/quote]

It is about the bearcats. They have a player that we are waiting to see if he can play or not. They have two big men. One allready isn't eligible to play. Adam is the last one. If he cant play they have no one over 6'8 that can play.

[quote name='j.5000022' post='391662' date='Nov 21 2006, 01:04 PM']What do you have agianst uc. Every time I post something about uc , you say something about them.

Are you a uk fan or sumtin.[/quote]

For some reason UK fans hate UC more than OSU fans hate meatchicken.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='j.5000022' post='391662' date='Nov 21 2006, 01:04 PM']What do you have agianst uc. Every time I post something about uc , you say something about them.

Are you a uk fan or sumtin.[/quote]
im a Duke fan, fuck UK, I hate UC because Bob Huggins was an idiot from day 1.

[quote name='Jason' post='391678' date='Nov 21 2006, 01:25 PM']For some reason UK fans hate UC more than OSU fans hate meatchicken.[/quote]
ive never noticed anyone but XU fans hating UC.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='391730' date='Nov 21 2006, 02:14 PM']im a Duke fan, fuck UK, I hate UC because Bob Huggins was an idiot from day 1.
[b]ive never noticed anyone but XU fans hating UC.[/b][/quote]

Then you haven't been paying attention.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='j.5000022' post='391907' date='Nov 21 2006, 06:52 PM']I must live in a diferent part of ohio than you all do.[/quote]
heh all the UC fans jumped ship when cocksucker was fired.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='395823' date='Nov 28 2006, 05:28 PM']No...people are getting impatient about this now! Just ridiculous by the NCAA who supposedly have the "kids' best interest" in mind.[/quote]

What makes this even more idiotic is if this was Duke or North Carolina there would have been a ruling weeks ago.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Jason' post='396016' date='Nov 29 2006, 06:47 AM']What makes this even more idiotic is if this was Duke or North Carolina there would have been a ruling weeks ago.[/quote]
eh, i wouldnt say that. It took UK a while to get a ruling on Randolph Morris and they are up there as high as Duke and UNC.

[quote name='Jason' post='396016' date='Nov 29 2006, 09:17 AM']What makes this even more idiotic is if this was Duke or North Carolina there would have been a ruling weeks ago.[/quote]

There is speculation that Adam H is ineligible this year but would be allowed to play next year. Nothing concrete though.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='396109' date='Nov 29 2006, 01:49 PM']There is speculation that Adam H is ineligible this year but would be allowed to play next year. Nothing concrete though.[/quote]

Now the rumors are that UC is waiting for his clearance to play in this Saturday's game. I don't know what to believe anymore until I see it.

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Hrycaniuk Ruled Ineligible For 2006-07 Season [/b][/size]
[size=3][b]Bearcats' 6-10 Center to be eligible for the 2007-08 season[/b] [/size]

Dec. 5, 2006

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Adam Hrycaniuk will not be eligible to compete for the University of Cincinnati men's basketball team this season but will have his eligibility restored for the 2007-08 campaign.

The NCAA ruled that Hrycaniuk, the Bearcats' 6-10 center from Mysliborz, Poland, will be required to sit out the 2006-07 season due to amateurism issues involved with international competition. Hrycaniuk will have one season of eligibility remaining.

The decision was made by the NCAA student-athlete reinstatement staff and upheld by the NCAA Student-Athlete Reinstatement Committee.

Hrycaniuk played 39 games as a member of a professional team Poland prior to coming to the U.S. and entering junior college. Individuals on the team, on which Hrycaniuk competed as an amateur, were paid above normal expenses, triggering the NCAA's definition of a professional team.

"Adam's participation on Spojnia Stargard over the 2002-03 and 2003-04 seasons triggered a violation of 12.2.3.2," stated UC Director of Compliance Maggie McKinley. "Adam himself never received any compensation above and beyond actual and necessary expenses nor did he sign a contract with an agent or the team in Poland. The violation occurred because at least one of his teammates was paid above and beyond actual and necessary expenses, thus triggering the NCAA definition of a professional team.

"The NCAA issued a directive in January 2006 for those student first enrolling at a NCAA institution for the 2006-07 academic year," McKinley explained. "Specifically, the amateurism guideline for competition on a professional team while in high school is a one-for-one withholding condition, not to exceed one season. Adam competed in a total of 39 games on what was determined to be a professional team by the definition set forth by the NCAA. Therefore, Adam was reinstated for eligibility to compete for the University of Cincinnati, on the condition that he be withheld from competition for one academic year and lose a season of eligibility."

Hrycaniuk enrolled at UC for the 2006 Summer term and has been practicing with the team. He averaged 11.8 points, 7.2 rebounds and 2.5 blocks last season at Trinity Valley Community College where he earned all-region honors. He came to the U.S. in 2004 and played his freshman season at Barton County Community College.[/quote]

[url="http://gobearcats.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/120506aab.html"]http://gobearcats.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl.../120506aab.html[/url]

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]What does the NCAA have against foreigners?[/b][/size]
December 5, 2006

Mike DeCourcy`s SportingBlog

Here is something I don't get about politics:

If so many people are so concerned about the problem of illegal immigration, why doesn't someone do the obvious? Why don't they line the border with members of the NCAA management council? It seems no one is more eager to slow the entrance of "foreigners" into the United States.

Here is something I don't get about the NCAA:

If the men and women who make and interpret its policies are so concerned about some team nicknames being "hostile and abusive" to Native Americans -- and they should be -- why are these folks genuinely hostile and abusive to athletes who grow up overseas and are invited to take advantage of this country's boundless opportunities?

Adam Hrycaniuk, who stands 6-9, came to the United States to gain an education and to play basketball, in that order. Honest. He's a much better student than he is a player, although the gap lately has been closing.

He wasn't much of a player when he got here to attend junior college, but the NCAA has ruled he nonetheless was a professional before he even got on a plane to leave Poland. Hrycaniuk, who now is a junior at Cincinnati, learned Tuesday he will be required to sit the entire 2006-07 season as punishment for playing basketball in his native country. He received no compensation for playing. He didn't even play much for Spojnia Stargard. But he played with one guy who received money over and above expenses -- a "professional" -- and so Hrycaniuk is considered to be tainted.

Every summer in this country, college basketball players are permitted to play in organized leagues with and against players who are professional. Nearly every Division I player finds his way into one of these leagues, and nearly every one winds up either teamed with pro players or facing teams that have them. There are pros in the Rucker league in New York, in the Kenner league in Washington, in the Deveroes league in Cincinnati.

Many of these pros are regulars in the NBA, where they not only are paid to play basketball but frequently to wear a particular brand of sneaker. So if they wear the sneakers they endorse during summer league -- oh, and they do -- they are "playing professionally" in those very games. Somehow, the folks who make the NCAA's rules can see a difference here.

Hrycaniuk had only two basketball choices in Poland: play for his club or not at all. Spojnia Stargard was the only team in his area -- the only one within 200 miles -- and disbanded its junior program. The club has said it considers itself to be amateur; the only "pro" was the player-coach.

But NCAA rule 12.2.3.2 essentially states an athlete cannot compete with a professional as a teammate -- although exceptions are made for summer-league basketball and, amazingly, for tennis players, golfers and volleyball players who enter professional tournaments if they don't accept payment.

You can play in the Masters and return to NCAA golf, but don't play for Spojnia Stargard at mop-up time.

Hrycaniuk's plan always was to come to the U.S., and he took every precaution he knew to maintain his eligibility. He asked the Americans he encountered, and they told him he could play for his club if he didn't sign a contract or get paid. The NCAA rulebook is a constantly changing manual, though, and he got caught in one of its more vicious revisions.

Here is something I don't get about this rule, though:

Isn't it every bit as bigoted as calling your sports team the Fighting Sioux?[/quote]

[url="http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=156017"]http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=156017[/url]

Archived