Chris Perry

Guest IndianaBengal

[quote name='Storm' post='395347' date='Nov 27 2006, 09:44 PM']To add insult to injury here are some players we could have had instead of the wasted draft pick of china doll

[b]1. Vince Wilfork (All-Pro DL)
2. DJ Williams (All-Pro LB)
3. Will Smith
4. Chris Gamble
5. Bob Sanders
6. Jake Grove
7. Tank Johnson
8. Devery Henderson
9. Michael Boulware
10. Bernard Berrian

[/b][/quote]

[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/strikereternal/ChrisPerryWheelchair.gif[/img]

[size=5][b]"But do any of those bitches have a wheelchair with gold rims?"[/b][/size]

Guest happyrid
[quote name='Storm' post='395347' date='Nov 27 2006, 09:44 PM']To add insult to injury here are some players we could have had instead of the wasted draft pick of china doll

[b]1. Vince Wilfork (All-Pro DL)
2. DJ Williams (All-Pro LB)
3. Will Smith
4. Chris Gamble
5. Bob Sanders
6. Jake Grove
7. Tank Johnson
8. Devery Henderson
9. Michael Boulware
10. Bernard Berrian

[/b][/quote]

Just to be clear, we would have had to have not made the trade for Deltha and the two 4th rounders to get the first 3 guys on your list. Gamble was there, was the logical pick and would have been much better than Perry.

[quote name='happyrid' post='395436' date='Nov 27 2006, 11:34 PM']Just to be clear, we would have had to have not made the trade for Deltha and the two 4th rounders to get the first 3 guys on your list. Gamble was there, was the logical pick and would have been much better than Perry.[/quote]
First off, most of the guys you listed went in the 2nd round or later and would of been terrible picks at 26 because of that. Most were there when we took Ratliff, who is a real bust (based on skill). The top 3 would of required us to not have O'neil like he said. Grove and Boulware SUCK, and Tank Johnson is nothing special, and would probly be straight up bad without having all the talent on the DL around him that he does in chicago.

Also, Gamble isnt very good at all, im not sure what you guys have been watching but hes very shaky in coverage, and without the panthers pass rush to bail him out he'd be tory james.

The only guy i can think of that you could make an argument for would be Kevin Jones, which I said leading up to the draft was the best RB in that draft, with Chris Perry a very close second, and maybe Dansby, though he has similar injury problems.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='happyrid' post='395436' date='Nov 27 2006, 11:34 PM']Just to be clear, we would have had to have not made the trade for Deltha and the two 4th rounders to get the first 3 guys on your list. Gamble was there, was the logical pick and would have been much better than Perry.[/quote]
ya, the first 3 picks dont count cuz we got good things in the trade backs.

Guest ravonaf

[quote name='DontPushMe' post='395326' date='Nov 27 2006, 10:11 PM']you dont know me well, i wouldnt waste my time doing that :P

chris will be back next year, hes still the most [b]talented [/b]rb on the team[/quote]

That's why he was fumbling..I mean returning kicks. Because he was the most talented on the team. :lmao:

Guest BengalBacker
I think we should lighten up on Perry. I don't think he's faked any of his injuries. Yeah, he's been a wasted 1st round pick so far. I've said that all along. I don't know if his injuries are partially his fault, or just really bad luck.

I guess my point is, I feel disappointment for the team, and mostly sympathy for him. It's not his fault the Bengals may have drafted him too high.

I won't shy away from calling him a bust, but I'm not going to make fun of him. Whatever you think about him, the best thing for the team would be for him to recover and kick ass the rest of his career. That's what I'm hoping for. I don't see where anyone gains anything by questioning his manhood and making fun of him.

If it turns out he's just a lazy fuck or something, like someone said they heard Marvin yelling at him, then I might feel differently, but right now I don't know. Pollack seems to be getting a lot of sympathy, but Perry, not so much. Whether you think he was picked too high or not, maybe he's just been unlucky as fuck.

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Tailback Perry has surgery for broken leg[/b][/size]
By Chick Ludwig

Staff Writer

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

CINCINNATI — Bengals tailback Chris Perry is expected to be placed on season-ending Injured Reserve after undergoing surgery Monday to repair the fractured fibula in his right leg.

Known as the calf bone, the fibula is the outside and smaller of the two long bones in the lower leg. The other lower-leg bone is the tibia. The tibia bears weight; the fibula does not.

Perry was injured on his only carry — a 10-yard run at 10:14 of the second quarter — in Cincinnati's 30-0 victory at Cleveland.

"He makes a great run, and something freak happens," tailback Rudi Johnson said. "The longer I saw him on the ground, the more I could tell how serious it was. My hat goes off to him. I talked to him at halftime and told him: 'We're going to keep praying for you, and you keep fighting.' "

Added fullback Jeremi Johnson: "We need to be a supporting family for him. We'll keep him positive and keep him working hard, so when his time comes to get back out there, he'll be 110 percent."

[b]Injury report[/b]

Bengals right guard Bobbie Williams (appendix) and left tackle Levi Jones (left knee) are out for Thursday's game against Baltimore.

Bengals defensive tackle John Thornton is doubtful after sustaining a knee injury at Cleveland.

"John actually hurt himself in pregame," head coach Marvin Lewis said.

Center Rich Braham (left knee), who hasn't played for Cincinnati since Sept. 17, has been upgraded to questionable.

Cornerback Deltha O'Neal (shoulder), linebacker Brian Simmons (neck), wide receiver Kelley Washington (hamstring) and tight end Tony Stewart (bruised kidney) are questionable for the Bengals.

[b]Ravens rolling[/b]

Baltimore is 5-0 since head coach Brian Billick assumed the play-calling after firing offensive coordinator Jim Fassel on Oct. 17.

"They're undefeated. I have noticed," Lewis said. "There's some things he wants to get done and do, and they've been very good at it. They're precise. Obviously, when you have the kind of run like they've had, the players begin to believe, and then you get those guru titles."

[b]Short work week[/b]

Two games in five days doesn't give players much time to recover physically.

"You've got to let your body rest," Lewis said. "(Sunday) night needed to be a rest night. Obviously, we want to get the blood flowing back through the body (Monday) to get the aches and pains out. It's important so we can have a spirited day (today)."

[b]Quick hitters[/b]

• Despite his age (33), cornerback Tory James' two interceptions at Cleveland are proof his talent hasn't completely eroded.

"We've never doubted what Tory can do," Lewis said. "He's just got to do it."

• Long snapper Adam Johnson was waived from the Bengals practice squad Monday.

Contact this reporter at (937) 225-2253 or cludwig@DaytonDailyNews.com.[/quote]

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='DontPushMe' post='395440' date='Nov 27 2006, 11:44 PM']First off, most of the guys you listed went in the 2nd round or later and would of been terrible picks at 26 because of that. Most were there when we took Ratliff, who is a real bust (based on skill). The top 3 would of required us to not have O'neil like he said. Grove and Boulware SUCK, and Tank Johnson is nothing special, and would probly be straight up bad without having all the talent on the DL around him that he does in chicago.

Also, Gamble isnt very good at all, im not sure what you guys have been watching but hes very shaky in coverage, and without the panthers pass rush to bail him out he'd be tory james.

The only guy i can think of that you could make an argument for would be Kevin Jones, which I said leading up to the draft was the best RB in that draft, with Chris Perry a very close second, and maybe Dansby, though he has similar injury problems.[/quote]

this may be the worst post ever.

Archived