UC's Narduzzi to follow Dantonio to MSU

Guest RudiRudiRudi

Guest RudiRudiRudi
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='395950' date='Nov 28 2006, 10:06 PM']he was on 700 WLW tonight saying he is not leaving. D'Antoni asked him to come and he said no cuz he couldnt ditch his players.[/quote]

just wait, you would think dantonio wouldnt just ditch his players eithier

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='RudiRudiRudi' post='395951' date='Nov 28 2006, 10:08 PM']just wait, you would think dantonio wouldnt just ditch his players eithier[/quote]
if he doesnt get the UC job i expect him to leave, but he wont ditch them prior to the bowl game.

[quote name='Jason' post='395968' date='Nov 28 2006, 10:48 PM']He was on 1530 with Lance. Dantonio offered hgim the job, and he wants it, but he is going to finish here through the bowl, I would imagine unless they hire a different coach between now and then.[/quote]
if he doesnt get the UC job i expect him to leave cuz who says the new coach will keep him? and he has a job offer at MSU for DC.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='396054' date='Nov 29 2006, 09:20 AM']I didn't catch the interview, but I remember Lance saying something about Narduzzi "freudian slipping" that he was leaving.[/quote]

From what I heard, it wasn't a Freudian Slip. It really sounded like he meant to say Green and White and MSU. If it was a slip, it was a [b]REALLY[/b] bad one.

Narduzzi has been offered the job at MSU by Dantonio, who stated not that he would like Narduzzi there, but actually NEEDS him there.

Narduzzi has asked Mike Thomas to give him a committment by next Wednesday as to whether he will be their coach or not; otherwise, he is gone to MSU to be the DC. We'll see....

If I were Thomas, I would probably give him the job as he has done a tremendous job with the Bearcat defense and has recruited well and most importantly, the players like him.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='396110' date='Nov 29 2006, 11:24 AM']Narduzzi has been offered the job at MSU by Dantonio, who stated not that he would like Narduzzi there, but actually NEEDS him there.

Narduzzi has asked Mike Thomas to give him a committment by next Wednesday as to whether he will be their coach or not; otherwise, he is gone to MSU to be the DC. We'll see....

If I were Thomas, I would probably give him the job as [b]he has done a tremendous job with the Bearcat defense[/b] and has recruited well and most importantly, the players like him.[/quote]

How much of that was Narduzzi, and how much Dantonio? Mark was DC at OSU before he took the job at UC.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Jason' post='396130' date='Nov 29 2006, 12:06 PM']How much of that was Narduzzi, and how much Dantonio? Mark was DC at OSU before he took the job at UC.[/quote]
Narduzzi is a stud. I know from radio interviews and shit in the past that ive heard players say Narduzzi was a big reason why they chose UC. And D'Antonio is dying for Narduzzi to come to MSU (because he is that good). IMO Narduzzi would upgrade the starting coaching job at UC.

[quote name='Jason' post='396130' date='Nov 29 2006, 02:36 PM']How much of that was Narduzzi, and how much Dantonio? Mark was DC at OSU before he took the job at UC.[/quote]

That is a valid point, I honestly couldn't answer that.

I will say this though, Narduzzi is a different guy entirely than Dantonio. He's extremely energetic and charismatic and just gets people fired up whereas Dantonio is more of the "Bueller.......Bueller....." type. Whatever is his future, I think he will be successful.

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Narduzzi: 'I need to know'[/b][/size]
BY BILL KOCH | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

If interim head coach Pat Narduzzi is going to be named the new head football coach at the University of Cincinnati, it will have to happen by Wednesday, December 6.

That’s the deadline Narduzzi has given to UC athletic director Mike Thomas for deciding on whether he wants to keep him on as head coach. If not, Narduzzi is headed to Michigan State to work as the defensive coordinator under Mark Dantonio.

Meanwhile, all of the UC assistant coaches, with the exception of running backs coach Tim Hinton, have resigned to take jobs at Michigan State and are already on the road recruiting for Dantonio. They were picked up on a plane on Monday night and flown to East Lansing.

The coaches are expected to return to UC to prepare the Bearcats for their bowl game and to coach them in that game.

“They will all be back for the bowl game,” said associate athletic director Mike Waddell.

Narduzzi said the other assistant coaches had no choice but to leave now for Michigan State.

“The other guys were offered jobs at Michigan State and were not offered jobs here,” Narduzzi said.

Meanwhile, Narduzzi has been placed in a precarious situation as he waits to hear if he will be UC’s next head coach.

He has been offered a job as defensive coordinator at Michigan State, but he said he can’t wait forever.

In fact, it was Dantonio who called Thomas and told the UC athletic director that Narduzzi needed to know about his status by the middle of next week.

“I was almost on a plane to Michigan State on Monday night, too,” Narduzzi said. “But for our kids, for this program here, I’m hanging out hoping something good is going to happen as far as being the head football coach.

"I have one job right now and that’s at Michigan State University,” Narduzzi said. “My only job is up there. I’ve got four kids and a wife to support. I need to know as soon as possible. The longer I stay here the longer Michigan State doesn’t have a defensive coordinator entertaining prospective student-athletes when they come in. The most important thing is for this thing to be resolved quickly.”

With most of the assistants gone, Narduzzi said, recruiting for UC has pretty much been put in limbo.

e-mail bkoch@enquirer.com[/quote]

[url="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061129/SPT0101/61129010"]http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...PT0101/61129010[/url]

Archived