Damn NFL Network

Guest Bengals1181

Guest Bengals1181
They need to stop their BS.

The Rugters v Kansas State game is being shown on NFL Network for some odd reason. Anywho, that means Kansas State and Rutgers fans aren't going to get to watch their bowl game most likely unless a local affiliate steps in. That is some shit. These kids work hard all year, get rewarded with a bowl game, and their fans don't get to see it?????

And why is this game on the NFL Network to begin with????

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='402512' date='Dec 7 2006, 10:34 AM']They need to stop their BS.
The Rugters v Kansas State game is being shown on NFL Network for some odd reason. Anywho, that means Kansas State and Rutgers fans aren't going to get to watch their bowl game most likely unless a local affiliate steps in. That is some shit. These kids work hard all year, get rewarded with a bowl game, and their fans don't get to see it?????
And why is this game on the NFL Network to begin with????[/quote]
1st. Rutgers didn't have "fans" out side of players parents until this year.

2nd. The "some reason" you speak of .....is money

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='403144' date='Dec 8 2006, 11:37 AM'][b]1st. Rutgers didn't have "fans" out side of players parents until this year.
[/b]
2nd. The "some reason" you speak of .....is money[/quote]
1 thats total bullshit. If you knew shit about Rutgers you would know that they actually have a pretty strong following. The difference now is they picked up fans around the US and with the media because of this year.

2 fuck that money crap. its the NFL network. Someone should sue them for false advertising. They advertise as being the all NFL channel. If they are showing a college football game then you are not getting what you paid for. If i had the NFL Network I would try to sue them.

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='403308' date='Dec 8 2006, 06:20 PM']I'm sure you would. <_<[/quote]

:lol: That must be the dumbest excuse ever to sue a company. Um yes I am sueing the NFL Network because they are a 24/7 football network but they are actually showing more than nfl football they are actually showing a bowl game [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Bengals1181' post='402512' date='Dec 7 2006, 10:34 AM']They need to stop their BS.
And why is this game on the NFL Network to begin with????[/quote]

I'm sure it will be like the NFL games on NFLN, the local channels for the team will broadcast the NFLN feed.

I don't like the fact that a bowl game is on NFLN though...

The NFL Network separates the "haves" from the "have nots". It's like your football
social status. I am an elite, because I have both the NFL Network and Sunday Ticket, so
I view anyone who does not, simply as "football degenerates" or "gridiron trash".

You are all beneath me.

:whistle:

^_^

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='403318' date='Dec 8 2006, 06:39 PM']:lol: That must be the dumbest excuse ever to sue a company. Um yes I am sueing the NFL Network because they are a 24/7 football network but they are actually showing more than nfl football they are actually showing a bowl game [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img][/quote]
not really. how about the lady that sued mcdonalds because her coffee burned her and she wasnt warned that her coffee was hot? thats much worse imo.

Guest Agent Orange

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='403318' date='Dec 8 2006, 06:39 PM']:lol: That must be the dumbest excuse ever to sue a company. Um yes I am sueing the NFL Network because they are a 24/7 football network but they are actually showing more than nfl football they are actually showing a bowl game [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img][/quote]
yeah if you could do that then MTV would've been sued years ago

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Agent Orange' post='404035' date='Dec 10 2006, 10:16 AM']yeah if you could do that then MTV would've been sued years ago[/quote]
:lol:

[quote]NFL Network reviewing counteroffer from TWC

NFL.com wire reports

NEW YORK (Dec. 13, 2006) -- Time Warner Cable moved closer to reaching a truce with the NFL Network over carrying the Texas Bowl game between Rutgers and Kansas State on Dec. 28.

Another New York area cable operator, Cablevision, said Dec. 12 it would carry the Rutgers game after the NFL Network offered both cable companies free carriage for the week of Dec. 24-30.

Neither Time Warner nor Cablevision have agreements to carry the network full-time, meaning many Rutgers fans wouldn't be able to watch the matchup at Reliant Stadium in Houston.

The NFL Network is available in roughly 40 million of the nation's 111 million homes with televisions in the country, mainly through satellite providers. Time Warner says the network is asking for too much money to carry the network. Time Warner would like to offer the channel on a digital tier, but the NFL Network has declined. Cablevision has also declined the NFL Network's long-term carriage terms so far.

Amid the impasse, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told the AP on Dec. 12 the league would offer the network for free to Time Warner and Cablevision from Dec. 24 to 30, which would include the Rutgers game and the Insight Bowl between Minnesota and Texas Tech on Dec. 29. It applies only to systems in the New York area.

In a letter to NFL Network president Steve Bornstein, Time Warner Cable's CEO Glenn Britt offered two possibilities: making just the Rutgers game available to all customers on Time Warner's basic tier, or carrying the network all week on a digital tier, which costs extra and is received by about 75 percent of New York City area systems.

"That's not our offer and not how free views normally work, but we are reviewing Time Warner's response," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.[/quote]

Archived