The Obama Smear Campaign is in Full Force

Ben

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='431571' date='Jan 23 2007, 03:24 AM']now if BJ ever gets any of Homer's eloquence, look out. he might actually attract more people than he repels.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Yeah, but most of the people he repels have issues, so thats a good thing.[/b][/color]

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='sneaky' post='431590' date='Jan 23 2007, 08:34 AM']I think BJ is just being himself, which is what everyone should be. He has a brilliant mind and
with alot of experiences and introspective at an amazingly young age.[/quote]

[b]Thanks, - my brother from another mother :afropic: [/b]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='431588' date='Jan 23 2007, 07:49 AM']liberal media my ass[/quote]

[b]tell me about it .... Obama just got swift boated ...

and the Right doesn't even care that they continually follow the wims of a Korean lunatic who thinks he is the incarnation of Christ and the new messiah. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img] [/b]

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='sneaky' post='431590' date='Jan 23 2007, 08:34 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]I think the "inexperience argument" is not valid. He knows how the system works and how
the games are played and he has more than enough intelligence if he's faced with something
new.[/b][/color][/quote]

The argument is valid. I'm not saying he's too inexperienced to do the job. I'm saying he's too inexperienced to be perceived as qualified. In my opinion, knowing the system, and being smart isn't enough. He's like someone who just signed up to the forums, and has made a couple great posts. You like him, you think he could be a great member of the community, but do you think the board is ready to make him an admin?

I like BJ alot and respect him, he's opened my eyes on some things and changed my opinions on others. (Hopefully I had some influence in softening his stance on Christians.) But, and I say this with respect, I think Homer hit the nail on the head a few months ago with this...

[quote]People are motivated by different inspirations, I suppose, BJ. You're energetic, you're smart, but you haven't learned how to subordinate your emotions to your mind. That's a flaw that will cripple you, both professionally, and as a human. At your age, the time is now to make a few long-term decisions. Do you want to be remembered like Socrates? Or like Ward Churchill?[/quote]

[quote name='mongoloido' post='431694' date='Jan 23 2007, 11:59 AM']The argument is valid. I'm not saying he's too inexperienced to do the job. I'm saying he's too inexperienced to be perceived as qualified. In my opinion, knowing the system, and being smart isn't enough. He's like someone who just signed up to the forums, and has made a couple great posts. You like him, you think he could be a great member of the community, [b]but do you think the board is ready to make him an admin?[/b][/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]That depends on what the cryteria is for being an administrator ?

Personally speaking I wouldn't mind a president who's a relative unknown. For those of us
who are tired of the same old faces from both parties, I find a new face with new ideas refreshing.

IMO, experience and leadership abilities do not necessarily go hand in hand. There have been plenty of Presidents in the past, who had served as govenor or senator for years. But when
they got into the oval office, they could not translate that experience to a good presidency.

Ultimatley, people will vote for who they want. Some wont vote for Obama because of his
Muslim heritage. Some wont because he is black. But to not vote for him just because he hasn't
had the same amount of tenure as other career politicians, has just as much substance as the previous two reasons. [/b][/color]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='431696' date='Jan 23 2007, 12:07 PM']I like BJ alot and respect him, he's opened my eyes on some things and changed my opinions on others. (Hopefully I had some influence in softening his stance on Christians.) But, and I say this with respect, I think Homer hit the nail on the head a few months ago with this...[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Homer is like this forum's Yoda, but with better English skills.[/b][/color]

:afropic:

[quote name='ONYX' post='431704' date='Jan 23 2007, 12:21 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]That depends on what the cryteria is for being an administrator ?

Personally speaking I wouldn't mind a president who's a relative unknown. For those of us
who are tired of the same old faces from both parties, I find a new face with new ideas refreshing.

IMO, experience and leadership abilities do not necessarily go hand in hand. There have been plenty of Presidents in the past, who had served as govenor or senator for years. But when
they got into the oval office, they could not translate that experience to a good presidency.

Ultimatley, people will vote for who they want. Some wont vote for Obama because of his
Muslim heritage. Some wont because he is black. But to not vote for him just because he hasn't
had the same amount of tenure as other career politicians, has just as much substance as the previous two reasons. [/b][/color][/quote]

I disagree, I think his political experience is a factor of substance because I for one when voting want to see how you have worked with the oppisition even if thats on a state level as Governer espessally in a time where we need more bi-partisinship rather than the infighting. I hope he highlights his work with R-epublicans during his campaign so that I can see he will work with them as President. Thats why as of right now (and its very early that my mind can change) im leaning toward McCain because I know he has worked well with democrats.

[quote name='sneaky' post='431708' date='Jan 23 2007, 12:25 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Homer is like this forum's Yoda, but with better English skills.[/b][/color]

:afropic:[/quote]

Hey, yoda just had a speech impediment. Dont be hating on the little green men.

[quote name='ONYX' post='431708' date='Jan 23 2007, 12:25 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Homer is like this forum's Yoda, but with better English skills.[/b][/color]

:afropic:[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]:rofl:[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]:rofl:[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]:rofl:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='431711' date='Jan 23 2007, 12:26 PM']I disagree, I think his political experience is a factor of substance because I for one when voting want to see how you have worked with the oppisition even if thats on a state level as Governer espessally in a time where we need more bi-partisinship rather than the infighting. I hope he highlights his work with R-epublicans during his campaign so that I can see he will work with them as President. Thats why as of right now (and its very early that my mind can change) im leaning toward McCain because I know he has worked well with democrats.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Bipartisinship was probably a term created from a President whose party didn't control the House
and Senate. I find more examples of bipartisinship in Congress more so than the Senate or the
White House.

IMO, based on the last twenty years or so, it seems as if the Dems or more concern with that
as opposed to the Reps. Whereas the Reps will do want they want and couldn't care less what
the Dems have to say about it. Im sure there are a lot of examples of Dems doing that too but
I still think that overall, bipartisanship is rare and few and far in between.

Thus rendering it overrated[/b].[/color]

[quote name='ONYX' post='431726' date='Jan 23 2007, 12:43 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Bipartisinship was probably a term created from a President whose party didn't control the House
and Senate. I find more examples of bipartisinship in Congress more so than the Senate or the
White House.

IMO, based on the last twenty years or so, it seems as if the Dems or more concern with that
as opposed to the Reps. Whereas the Reps will do want they want and couldn't care less what
the Dems have to say about it. Im sure there are a lot of examples of Dems doing that too but
I still think that overall, bipartisanship is rare and few and far in between.

Thus rendering it overrated[/b].[/color][/quote]

Again disagree, I think you highlighted why it is important as it being rare you need to have it in the leadership. Clinton worked well with the republican congress, and the majority is so slim now that anything can change in two years so if Obama wants to be taken seriously he should show that bipartisanship.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='431732' date='Jan 23 2007, 12:50 PM']Again disagree, I think you highlighted why it is important as it being rare you need to have it in the leadership. [b]Clinton worked well with the dumbass congress[/b], and the majority is so slim now that anything can change in two years so if Obama wants to be taken seriously he should show that bipartisanship.[/quote]

Jamie...Please return your R3publican Membership card. "b..bu.b..but clinton" is the only reference allowed.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='431732' date='Jan 23 2007, 12:50 PM']Again disagree, I think you highlighted why it is important as it being rare you need to have it in the leadership. Clinton worked well with the dumbass congress, and the majority is so slim now that anything can change in two years so if Obama wants to be taken seriously he should show that bipartisanship.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]With the current structure of our two party structure, bipartisinship is more of a last resort.
If the next president in office has the luxury of its party controlling both houses, believe me,
bipartisinship will be the last thing on his / her mind.

Also, I think that it would be a fatal flaw if Obama tried to stress bipartisinship in his
campaign. For one, what point does it have? Most of the people who vote Rep won't
vote for him anyway and he could possibly lose votes from traditional Dem voters if
he appears weak, wishy washy, or without a strong backbone to them.

[/b][/color]

[quote name='ONYX' post='431758' date='Jan 23 2007, 01:30 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]With the current structure of our two party structure, bipartisinship is more of a last resort.
If the next president in office has the luxury of its party controlling both houses, believe me,
bipartisinship will be the last thing on his / her mind.

Also, I think that it would be a fatal flaw if Obama tried to stress bipartisinship in his
campaign. For one, what point does it have? Most of the people who vote Rep won't
vote for him anyway and he could possibly lose votes from traditional Dem voters if
he appears weak, wishy washy, or without a strong backbone to them.
[/b][/color][/quote]

See there is the thing, if he gets the nomination (as with McCain or whatever republican) traditional party members are going to vote the way they are going to vote anyway, so as with every election I think early he will play to the party for the nomination but once he has it he has their votes and where each canidate will need to focus is the undecided swing voter types who will want to see that it isnt going to be more of the 'spending of political capital'.

Guest BlackJesus
[center][img]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thenewswire/archive/ap/fncmadrassa.jpg[/img]

[size=4][b]Fox News Anchor:[/b] [i]"CNN Reporter Who Debunked Obama Report Probably Went To The Very Madrassa” .... "they probably just didn’t show them in their little lessons where they’re bobbing their heads and memorizing the Koran." [/i][/size]

[url="http://thinkprogress.org/2007/01/24/gibson-obama/"]http://thinkprogress.org/2007/01/24/gibson-obama/[/url]

[color="#0000FF"][b]Unbelievable !!! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img][/b][/color][/center]

Archived