The Obama Smear Campaign is in Full Force

Ben

[url="http://www.rawstory.com/news/2007/Fox_smears_Sen._Obama_0119.html"]http://www.rawstory.com/news/2007/Fox_smea...Obama_0119.html[/url]

Jeez... You know it is getting bad when hilary's campaign is working w/ fox news to smear the guy.,

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='429804' date='Jan 19 2007, 03:27 PM']political aspects of this story aside, how can you publicly bash someone for something they did when they were 6yrs old?[/quote]

If he was purposely trying to hide the fact that he went to a muslim school when he lived in indonesia(which i'mg uessing is normal), apparently he did it w/ good reason. Look at teh reaction it is getting.

[quote name='Ben' post='429802' date='Jan 19 2007, 03:25 PM'][url="http://www.rawstory.com/news/2007/Fox_smears_Sen._Obama_0119.html"]http://www.rawstory.com/news/2007/Fox_smea...Obama_0119.html[/url]

Jeez... You know it is getting bad when hilary's campaign is working w/ fox news to smear the guy.,[/quote]

Well yeah, he's the only canidate that has a shot of getting in her way according to latest polls. She's just as vile and dirty as most.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='429806' date='Jan 19 2007, 03:29 PM']so what? hes not going to win shit, he is black if you havnt forgot. his best shot is finding someone to be vp for for 2 terms and then make a run. theres just too many people that wont vote for him bc of the color of his skin.[/quote]

unfortantly this is the reality he is faced with.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='429810' date='Jan 19 2007, 03:32 PM']unfortantly this is the reality he is faced with.[/quote]

He should run w/ this slogan: "I'm not black, just tanned. And Jesus Is all right w/ me, oh yeah!"

Guest bengalrick
i think you guys are underestimating obama... he has a very good chance of winning... at least the dem. nomination.. but i could be wrong...

one thing is for sure though, we are going to find out real soon where we are racially in this country...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='429822' date='Jan 19 2007, 04:08 PM']i think you guys are underestimating obama... he has a very good chance of winning... at least the dem. nomination.. but i could be wrong...

one thing is for sure though, we are going to find out real soon where we are racially in this country...[/quote]

To quote chris rock(i think it was chris rock)... As long as his Vice President is lationo...he wont have to worry abou tassasination

[quote name='bengalrick' post='429822' date='Jan 19 2007, 04:08 PM']i think you guys are underestimating obama... he has a very good chance of winning... at least the dem. nomination.. but i could be wrong...

one thing is for sure though, [b]we are going to find out real soon where we are racially in this country...[/b][/quote]

hmm maybee, but his inexperiece might be what hurts him moreso. (however I do think that his race will play a part)

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='429809' date='Jan 19 2007, 03:30 PM']Well yeah, he's the only canidate that has a shot of getting in her way according to latest polls. She's just as vile and dirty as most.[/quote]

She's [b]more[/b] vile and dirty [b]than any[/b].

And I think Obama has a shot, hopefully this country is farther along in race relations than some people think. He doesnt have much experience, but he seems like he could be better than what is up there otherwise. Although, thats kinda how Bush got elected too, so maybe thats just asking for alot of people to never be satisfied with your presidency no matter what.

But Obama is wayyy smarter!

It's simple politics in this case. If the attacks on Obama are spun towards the Hillary campaign and it becomes overwhelmingly evident that her camp is the source for these smear stories, it will hurt her more than him. That woman is possibly the most polarizing figure in this country this side of the current president. Most either love her or hate her.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='429939' date='Jan 19 2007, 09:17 PM']It's simple politics in this case. If the attacks on Obama are spun towards the Hillary campaign and it becomes overwhelmingly evident that her camp is the source for these smear stories, it will hurt her more than him. [b]That woman is possibly the most polarizing figure in this country this side of the current president. Most either love her or hate her.[/b][/quote]

No doubt. I personally cannot stand her, but to each his own, I guess. I am saying this with a straight face, I would rather Dick Cheney be President than her. ANYONE but her. A homeless man on crack would be better than her.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='429948' date='Jan 19 2007, 10:34 PM']No doubt. I personally cannot stand her, but to each his own, I guess. I am saying this with a straight face, I would rather Dick Cheney be President than her. ANYONE but her. A homeless man on crack would be better than her.[/quote]

Yup. 100% yup.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='429962' date='Jan 19 2007, 11:10 PM'][center][img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/bengals/b0787.gif[/img][/center][/quote]
Your obsession with anything Fox and/or Zionist (or both, right?) is quite funny.
You go, girl!
:afropic:

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='Bunghole' post='429967' date='Jan 19 2007, 11:14 PM']Your obsession with anything Fox and/or Zionist (or both, right?) is quite funny.[/quote]

[b]I am glad the the parts of the machine that now controls the U.S. and sacrifices its children in wars for profit and Israel is funny to you. [/b]

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='429971' date='Jan 19 2007, 11:24 PM'][b]I am glad the the parts of the machine that now controls the U.S. and sacrifices its children in wars for profit and Israel is funny to you. [/b][/quote]

Perhaps you've become more caricature than messenger. You're like the people who cry out about everything giving you cancer. Most people are with you on smoking, polychlorinated biphenyls, and asbestos. However, when you beat that drum just as loud for movie theater popcorn, french fries, and steaks on the grill, you lose your audience a bit. You stop having a message, and turn into that fruitcake that says everything gives you cancer. The image you've cultivated on the forums is that you believe everything's a conspiracy. Perhaps if you pick and choose a bit more, people might internalize your words more.

I think Obama's inexperience is going to be the big hurt on him. He's smart and well-spoken, but I think pushing 2008 is a mistake. 2012 could be a heck of a run for him though.

Guest BlackJesus

[center] :contract: [/center]

[size=5][u][quote][b]CNN debunks false report about Obama[/b]
January 22, 2007 [/u][/size]

JAKARTA, Indonesia (CNN) -- Allegations that Sen. Barack Obama was educated in a radical Muslim school known as a "madrassa" are not accurate, according to CNN reporting.

Insight Magazine, which is owned by the same company as The Washington Times, reported on its Web site last week that associates of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-New York, had unearthed information the Illinois Democrat and likely presidential candidate attended a Muslim religious school known for teaching the most fundamentalist form of Islam.

Obama lived in Indonesia as a child, from 1967 to 1971, with his mother and step-father and has acknowledged attending a Muslim school, but an aide said it was not a madrassa.(Watch video of Obama's school )

Insight attributed the information in its article to an unnamed source, who said it was discovered by "researchers connected to Senator Clinton." [b]A spokesman for Clinton[/b], who is also weighing a White House bid, [b]denied that the campaign was the source of the Obama claim.[/b]

[b]He called the story "an obvious right-wing hit job."[/b]

Insight stood by its story in a response posted on its Web site Monday afternoon.

The Insight article was cited several times Friday on Fox News and was also referenced by the New York Post, The Glenn Beck program on CNN Headline News and a number of political blogs.

[b][u]School not a madrassa[/u][/b]
But reporting by CNN in Jakarta, Indonesia and Washington, D.C., shows the [b]allegations that Obama attended a madrassa to be false.[/b] CNN dispatched Senior International Correspondent John Vause to Jakarta to investigate.

He visited the Basuki school, which Obama attended from 1969 to 1971.

[b]"This is a public school. We don't focus on religion,"[/b] Hardi Priyono, deputy headmaster of the Basuki school, told Vause. "In our daily lives, we try to respect religion, but we don't give preferential treatment."

Vause reported he saw boys and girls dressed in neat school uniforms playing outside the school, while teachers were dressed in Western-style clothes.

"I came here to Barack Obama's elementary school in Jakarta looking for what some are calling an Islamic madrassa ... like the ones that teach hate and violence in Pakistan and Afghanistan," Vause said on the "Situation Room" Monday. "I've been to those madrassas in Pakistan ... this school is nothing like that."

Vause also interviewed one of Obama's Basuki classmates, Bandug Winadijanto, who claims that not a lot has changed at the school since the two men were pupils. Insight reported that Obama's political opponents believed the school promoted Wahhabism, a fundamentalist form of Islam, "and are seeking to prove it."

[b]"It's not (an) Islamic school.[/b] It's general," Winadijanto said. [b]"There is a lot of Christians, Buddhists, also Confucian. ... So that's a mixed school."[/b]

The Obama aide [size=4][b]described Fox News' broadcasting of the Insight story "appallingly irresponsible."[/b][/size] [color="#FF0000"]What else is new ... FOXNEWS=[/color] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]

Fox News executive Bill Shine told CNN "Reliable Sources" anchor Howard Kurtz that some of the network's hosts were simply expressing their opinions and repeatedly cited Insight as the source of the allegations.

Obama has noted in his two books, "Dreams From My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope," that he spent two years in a Muslim school and another two years in a Catholic school while living in Indonesia from age 6 to 10.[/quote]

[url="http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/22/obama.madrassa/index.html"]http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/22/oba...assa/index.html[/url]

[quote name='mongoloido' post='430381' date='Jan 21 2007, 10:02 AM']Perhaps you've become more caricature than messenger. You're like the people who cry out about everything giving you cancer. Most people are with you on smoking, polychlorinated biphenyls, and asbestos. However, when you beat that drum just as loud for movie theater popcorn, french fries, and steaks on the grill, you lose your audience a bit. You stop having a message, and turn into that fruitcake that says everything gives you cancer. The image you've cultivated on the forums is that you believe everything's a conspiracy. Perhaps if you pick and choose a bit more, people might internalize your words more.
I think Obama's inexperience is going to be the big hurt on him. He's smart and well-spoken, but I think pushing 2008 is a mistake. 2012 could be a heck of a run for him though.[/quote]
Damn.
I wholeheartedly agree.
I wish discourse with BJ were a bit more civil and less photography-oriented.
But there's no doubting that guys like him make you reconsider at least a few of your supposedly well-thought-out positions and stances.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='431495' date='Jan 23 2007, 04:06 AM']Damn.
I wholeheartedly agree.
I wish discourse with BJ were a bit more civil and less photography-oriented.
But there's no doubting that guys like him make you reconsider at least a few of your supposedly well-thought-out positions and stances.[/quote]
i disagree on the photography. it gets the attention of those too lazy or unable to read and comprehend his point in words alone.

now if BJ ever gets any of Homer's eloquence, look out. he might actually attract more people than he repels.

Guest BlackJesus

[color="#800080"][b]I wonder if FauxNews will retract their story and apologize ??? :rolleyes:[/b][/color]

[quote][img]http://graphics7.nytimes.com/images/2004/06/24/national/24moon.jpg[/img]
[size=4][u][b]Rev. Moon's Anti-Obama Agit-Prop[/b]
By Robert Parry
January 23, 2007[/u][/size]

If you've ever wondered how agit-propaganda works, you might take a look at the latest case study from the [b]Rev. Sun Myung Moon's media empire[/b] – a bogus story about Barack Obama attending a Muslim "madrassah" when he was six years old, a smear that was then attributed to operatives of Hillary Clinton.

The shrewdness of Moon's Insight magazine story is that it [b]hit two enemies with one anonymously sourced stone, a strategy of slime and divide straight from the textbooks of a spy agency like the CIA.[/b]

Only in this case, it is not the CIA planting black propaganda in a foreign publication to undermine some U.S. enemy. It is [b]Moon using his media outlets subsidized by his mysterious foreign money to manipulate and distort the U.S. political process, again.[/b]

The Insight "madrassah" story also turned out to be false. As CNN reported on Jan. 22, the Indonesian school that Obama attended as a child was not a "madrassah" where sometimes extreme forms of Islam are taught, but rather a well-kept public school in an upper-middle-class neighborhood of Jakarta.

The boys and girls wear school uniforms and are taught a typical school curriculum today as they were 39 years ago when Obama was a student there, while living with his mother in Indonesia, reported CNN correspondent John Vause, who has had prior experience covering real "madrassahs."

While most of the school's students are Muslim – Indonesia is a Muslim country, after all – Vause reported that the religious views of other students are respected and that Christian children at the school are taught that Jesus is the son of God.

Nevertheless, [b]the nasty Insight story is sure to hurt Obama by pushing anti-Islamic hot buttons of many Americans.[/b] By citing Clinton operatives as the supposed source of the story, [b]Moon's publication also played to the negative image of the New York senator as a ruthless politician who would sling mud at an opponent.[/b]

:contract: [b]Moon's media empire has planted similar stories in other U.S. presidential campaigns, publishing false or exaggerated stories that disparaged Democratic candidates and helped Moon's political favorites – particularly in the Bush family.[/b]

[b]In Election 1988, Moon's Washington Times floated a story that Massachusetts Gov. Michael Dukakis had psychiatric treatment,[/b] harming George H.W. Bush's Democratic opponent; [b]in Election 1992, it bannered an accusation that Arkansas Gov. Bill Clinton had worked for the KGB,[/b] again aiding the senior George Bush; in [b]Election 2000, when George W. Bush was seeking the White House, the Times pushed allegations that Vice President Al Gore was "delusional"; [/b]in Election [b]2004, to boost the younger George Bush again, it trumpeted attacks on Sen. John Kerry's patriotism.[/b]

[b][u]The Right's Echo Chamber[/u][/b]

[b]Once Moon's media empire surfaced these accusations, they would reverberate through the right-wing echo chamber and often into the mainstream press.[/b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img] Usually, the charges spotlighted a purported flaw so severe – such as mental instability or treason – that the Democrat would be disqualified in the eyes of many voters.

Also, since it's [b]difficult to prove a negative, mainstream news outlets often would treat the charges as a point of legitimate dispute,[/b] forcing the Democrat to issue a denial or refuse to comment. Sometimes, [b]TV pundits would add insult to the injury by critiquing how poorly the smeared Democrat countered the attack.[/b]

Moon's long record of engaging in this agit-propaganda helps explain his value to the Right and particularly to the Bush family. In turn, the [b]dumbasss have protected Moon from government investigations into his questionable sources of money,[/b] [b]which finance both his media empire and his allied right-wing political organizations.[/b]

[size=4][b]The Korean cult leader spends more than $100 million a year just to subsidize his flagship newspaper, the Washington Times,[/b][/size] according to former Moon insiders. Longtime Washington Times reporter George Archibald recently put Moon's total investment in the newspaper at over $3 billion since its founding in 1982.

Though Moon's finances remain murky, the evidence is overwhelming that [b]he engages in international money-laundering and has been closely tied to major crime syndicates in Asia and South America.[/b]

The latest attack on Obama is framed as a heartfelt desire to test out the credibility of the 45-year-old Illinois senator who identifies himself as a Christian and belongs to a church in Chicago.

But Insight magazine – citing supposed opposition research from the Clinton camp – contended that Obama actually was raised as a Muslim and is trying to keep that secret from the American people.

"He was a Muslim, but he concealed it," a source supposedly close to the background investigation told Insight. "The idea is to show Obama as deceptive."

[b]Insight uses no named sources in the article,[/b] nor did the magazine check out the facts about the school as CNN did. The article simply relies on its unnamed sources to claim that Obama was indoctrinated at a "madrassa," a school for religious studies where boys are sometimes taught Islamic extremism such as Saudi-based Wahhabism.

"Although the background check has not confirmed that the specific Madrassa Mr. Obama attended was espousing Wahhabism, the sources said his Democratic opponents believe this to be the case – and are seeking to prove it," Insight magazine claimed.

Insight then stated: [b]"The sources said the opponents are searching for evidence that Mr. Obama is still a Muslim[/b] or has ties to Islam. Mr. Obama attends services at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago's South Side. However, he is not known to be a regular parishioner."

[u][b]The Fox Effect[/b][/u]

[b]After Moon's magazine published the "madrassa" story, it quickly spread to the wider audiences of Rupert Murdoch's right-wing media outlets.[/b] Fox News and the New York Post – both owned by Murdoch – picked up and further disseminated the ugly stories that :contract: [b][size=4]portrayed Obama as a secret Islamic militant and Clinton as a smear artist.[/size][/b]

To further the subliminal link between Obama and Islamic terrorism, [b]the New York Post ran its story under the headline "'Osama' Mud Flies at Obama,"[/b] [b]much as talk show host Rush Limbaugh has reveled in repeating the names "Osama, Obama"[/b] again and again – all the better for [size=4][b]his weak-minded listeners to connect Obama with Osama bin Laden.[/b][/size] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]

[b]Many right-wing pundits also have insisted on using Obama's middle name, "Hussein" apparently to disqualify Obama by associating him with Saddam Hussein[/b] though there is no connection. [b]Hussein is a common and respected name in the Muslim world.[/b]

Obama received his middle name from his father who came from Kenya as a student. Obama's mother was the daughter of a Kansas farmer.

As the Obama-madrassa article spread through the right-wing media world, Fox News made sure the story was put in the harshest possible light.

"Hillary Clinton reported to be already digging up the dirt on Barack Obama," said John Gibson, anchor of Fox's "The Big Story." "The New York senator has reportedly outed Obama's madrassah past. That's right, the Clinton team reported to have pulled out all the stops to reveal something Obama would rather you didn't know – that he was educated in a Muslim madrassah."

For Obama's part, he wrote in his autobiography that after he had attended a Catholic school for two years, his Indonesian stepfather sent him to a "predominantly Muslim school" in Jakarta when he was six. This inconsequential fact apparently became the basis for Insight's claim that Obama was indoctrinated at a "madrassa."

"The allegations are completely false," Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs told the Washington Post. "To publish this sort of trash without any documentation is surprising, but [b]for Fox to repeat something so false, not once, but many times is appallingly irresponsible."[/b]

Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson termed the Insight article [b][size=5]"an obvious right-wing hit job by a Moonie publication that was designed to attack Senator Clinton and Senator Obama at the same time." [/size][/b]

But the troubling back story to this latest smear is the long history of Moon's publications injecting damaging propaganda against Democratic politicians in ways meant to confuse American voters.

Viewed over the past quarter century, Moon's media empire has the distinct appearance of a well-designed covert operation that uses foreign money, possibly from illicit sources, to influence the U.S. political process in ways beneficial to Moon's political and financial goals.[/quote]

[url="http://www.consortiumnews.com/2007/012207.html"]http://www.consortiumnews.com/2007/012207.html[/url]

[color="#2E8B57"][b]Now check out this little tidbit on Reverend Moon of the Moonies ....... [/color][/b][url="http://www.andrewcusack.com/blog/2004/06/sun_myung_moon_crowned_messiah.php"]WTF[/url]

[quote name='mongoloido' post='430381' date='Jan 21 2007, 10:02 AM']Perhaps you've become more caricature than messenger. You're like the people who cry out about everything giving you cancer. Most people are with you on smoking, polychlorinated biphenyls, and asbestos. However, when you beat that drum just as loud for movie theater popcorn, french fries, and steaks on the grill, you lose your audience a bit. You stop having a message, and turn into that fruitcake that says everything gives you cancer. The image you've cultivated on the forums is that you believe everything's a conspiracy. Perhaps if you pick and choose a bit more, people might internalize your words more.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Totally disagree.

I think BJ is just being himself, which is what everyone should be. He has a brilliant mind and
with alot of experiences and introspective at an amazingly young age. Yes, I can see how his
style may turn people away but one cannot deny the substance of his posts. So the question
is, are those people paying more attention to the messenger or the message?

I'm sure with age that BJ will tone it down a notch or two, but personally I hope he doesn't[/b].[/color]
[quote]I think Obama's inexperience is going to be the big hurt on him. He's smart and well-spoken, but I think pushing 2008 is a mistake. 2012 could be a heck of a run for him though.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]I think the "inexperience argument" is not valid. He knows how the system works and how
the games are played and he has more than enough intelligence if he's faced with something
new.[/b][/color]

Archived