Milton trying to go 0-5

Nobody likes milton cuz he gets paid to much and doesn't perform. He performs like a 5th starter but he doesn't get paid like one. we could make this alot better if we bring bailey up. He would probably last longer than milton and will get the outs. He pitched a couple of days ago. 1 run allowed. 4 hits allowed

Guest oldschooler
[b]The line on Milton[/b]
6 starts (Reds 0-6)
5.1 ings, 4 relievers needed to pitch other 3.1 ings
5 ings, 4 relievers needed to pitch other 3 ings
4.1 ings, 2 relievers for other 3.2 ings
6 ings, 2 relievers for other 3 ings
5 ings, 4 relievers for other 4 innings
5.2 ings, 3 relievers for other 3.1 ings
Milton innings 31.1
Bullpen innings needed: 20.1

Geniuses: get over Milton's contract - your numerous, repetitive observations that Milton is grossly-overpaid - while astute - got old about 3 years ago. The fact is, Dan O'Brien was a good drafter, but terrible in everything else, and we're stuck with his mistake.

As far as Milton goes, he's kept us in every game he's pitched so far, which, based on previous years, is more than I expected of him coming into the season. The reality is that our rotation is sound, which is why your bitching is more appropriate for the bullpen, and specifically Stanton and Coffey.

It is truly depressing that this team would be a strong contender with even an average 'pen.

Also, if you think we should cut Milton...I suppose you'd prefer that we overpay him while he pitches for someone else? I agree that there are several guys in AAA who deserve to come up, which is why I wish we'd get Livingston, Dumatrait, and maybe Bailey up here to pitch in the pen a la Liriano last year.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='484569' date='May 9 2007, 04:19 PM']Geniuses: get over Milton's contract - your numerous, repetitive observations that Milton is grossly-overpaid - while astute - got old about 3 years ago. The fact is, Dan O'Brien was a good drafter, but terrible in everything else, and we're stuck with his mistake.[/quote]

I only go on about what his salary because others act like
he is doing good for a #5 pitcher, and want you to ignore
that this small market team is paying him way more than
they can afford to pay a #5 starter.

As far as being "stuck with a mistake", I beg to differ.

[quote]As far as Milton goes, he's kept us in every game he's pitched so far, which, based on previous years, is more than I expected of him coming into the season. The reality is that our rotation is sound, which is why your bitching is more appropriate for the bullpen, and specifically Stanton and Coffey.[/quote]

:lol:

Kept us in every game ? He hasn`t pitched more than 6 innings in any game.
And has only had a lead once. The Reds are usually behind before they
even get to bat, when Milton is pitching.

[quote]It is truly depressing that this team would be a strong contender with even an average 'pen.[/quote]

Yep. And it doesn`t help that the below average pen is over worked because
Milton doesn`t know what the fuck a quality start or a score less 1st inning is.

[quote]Also, if you think we should cut Milton...[b]I suppose you'd prefer that we overpay him while he pitches for someone else?[/b][/quote]

You`re God damn right I`d rather pay him to make someone else lose,
than for him to make the Reds lose.

[quote]I agree that there are several guys in AAA who deserve to come up, which is why I wish we'd get Livingston, Dumatrait, and maybe Bailey up here to pitch in the pen a la Liriano last year.[/quote]

Bring them all up !

Archived