04 Hyundai Santa Fe LX

So, the Cherokee had 116K and things were starting to nickle and dime me
to death....I really can't afford a new car much less a meal these days but
I needed something I felt was reliable....we test drove an Isuzu Axiom which
looks pretty sweet, drove OK...it had 28K and was also an 04 for 14,899....we liked
it but I didn't have that "reliablity" gut feeling....
we had the Santa Fe in mind and almost didn't check into it....we decided to
go give it a test drive, it has 56K and was listed at 14,999 also, almost twice
the mileage but once I started it,
I had a good gut feeling about it...quick to turn over, runs quite and it takes off quick, smooth ride....

it just happens
to be loaded with monsoon sound system, power sunroof and leather and
the dealer happened to be one of my accounts at work so he took a grand
off the price...I have my Cherokee as a trade-in and hoping to get 2 grand for it,
I will wind up financing around 12,500 with tax and title and my payments
will be less then $250 a month (cuz I had to stretch it out to afford it!)....we did alot of internet research
on it and seems to have high ratings in reliablity and safety but found out the original
warranties are void once it's sold as used....sold new it had great warranty so I feel pretty
good about it....

just wondering if anyone has ever owned one, knows anything about them, knows someone who owns one?
how do they like it?...any mechanical problems? I've read several web sites about it
and diffrent reviews and they seem to be reliable...

I get to pick it up and do the paperwork on Monday!!

[img]http://comp.autosite.com/configurator/photos/200x100jpg/SANTAFE7.jpg[/img]

Guest BengalBacker
My wife has a Hyundai car, an XG 350. She loves it. She's only had it 2 or 3 years, but so far it's been a great car. I've got an Isuzu Rodeo. I leased it for 5 years, then bought it at the end of the lease. It's been reliable.

My wife has a 2003 Hyundai Sante Fe 3.5 L 6 cyl, it has some guts unlike the Nissan pathfinder we used to have, she loves it, bought it brand new and it still drives like brand new 4 years later, the only thing we had to do to the thing is put on tires and brakes.

Not that great on gas mileage though

Thanks guys, that makes me feel better about everything, like I said before, we can't really
afford a new payment but I can't afford to drive something that is going to cost me more
money sooner or later....

Storm, The Santa Fe is the 04 GLS/LX model so I'm glad to hear that you've had no troubles
out of your wifes!

Thanks so much!!

I'm on my way to shine up the Cherokee for the trade-in.....!!

Archived