Will Narron Get Fired?

[quote][size=3][b]Getting what you pay for[/b][/size]
Jerry Narron will become the 3rd Reds manager in a row to be fired and most likely never get a major league managing job again....following Dave Miley and Bob Boone. He will be the 4th of the last 5 Reds managers not to get another ML managing job.
Prior to Boone, Jack McKeon went on to win a World Series with the Marlins
Prior to McKeon, it was Ray Knight.[/quote]

[quote][b][size=3]Chasing the Brewers[/size][/b]
Records going into Sunday...Brewers: 25-11/Reds 15-22
**If the Brewers play .500 baseball the rest of the season (63-63) the Reds would have to go 74-51 the rest of the way to win the division.
**If the Brewers play 10-games below .500 the rest of the way (58-68), the Reds would have to go 69-56 the rest of the way to win the division.[/quote]

[quote]Over the last 162 games
Reds record is 70-92[/quote]

[quote][b][size=3]Furthest out of the race[/size][/b]
Royals and Nationals 13 games out
Reds and Devil Rays 10.5 games out[/quote]

[url="http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html"]http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html[/url]

I have to agree. I think Narron should be fired. I don't know if it should be now, or at the end of the season, but alot of the Reds woes has to be put on Narron.

Guest schotzee
Didn't he get an extension at the beginning of this season?Who's out there available?Won't they just plug somebody else in from our system if he's let go now?I say let him finish the year out unless maybe a Bobby Valentine is available.I wish this team would at least fork over some cash for a big time manager.I think if they would bring one in,you would definitely see way better results than what we have gotten thus far.Players/employees will go out of their way to produce better results under a leader that is smart and respected.That said,I think it was a big mistake to not hire Willie Randolph,because if I remember correctly we could have had him for what 2 mil/year.No hindsight here either,I had a feeling this guy could be big time manager material.He came from a very good system.

Guest BengalBacker

Yeah, I think he'll probably get fired. He doesn't seem like the kind of manager that inspires people, but our bullpen needs more than just an inspirational manager.

So, yeah. He'll be gone and we'll still suck. <_<

Archived