FIRE JERRY NARRON, HIRE JOE GIRARDI THREAD!!!

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='486573' date='May 14 2007, 11:03 PM']please fire narron and please hire girardi. it would be the best hiring in a LONG time.[/quote]

Can Girardi pitch?

Naroon is a clown but there are problems much deeper than manager

I agree with Storm on this. Narron is NOT the issue right now. The bullpen needs to be completely over-hauled. Narron has been going to the bullpen in (somewhat) appropriate times this. The bullpen is what continues to melt down every game. Krivsky has already said that Narron is not going anywhere. So this is a useless waste of comment space.

One major thing here is that something needs to be done. I understnad that right now Narron is prolly not the problem. But I personally feel he is the reason we missed out on the playoffs last year. Something needs to be done to jump start this team and if that means Narron is the sacrifical lamb here then so be it.

[quote name='Jungle_Boogie85' post='486603' date='May 14 2007, 05:48 PM']I agree with Storm on this. Narron is NOT the issue right now. The bullpen needs to be completely over-hauled. Narron has been going to the bullpen in (somewhat) appropriate times this. The bullpen is what continues to melt down every game. Krivsky has already said that Narron is not going anywhere. So this is a useless waste of comment space.[/quote]
Naroon could be replaced just to bring a new attitude to the clubhouse which is lacking...I wish we'd gone after Pinella. I'd prefer a fiery guy as my skipper.
But the bullpen is the most glaring issue, followed closely by situational hitting, poor fundamentals on offense (doing the little things, like being able to bunt) and defense (errors...whay aren't we taking infield practice, exactly?)....

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Bunghole' post='486611' date='May 14 2007, 08:06 PM']Naroon could be replaced just to bring a new attitude to the clubhouse which is lacking...I wish we'd gone after Pinella. I'd prefer a fiery guy as my skipper.
But the bullpen is the most glaring issue, followed closely by situational hitting, poor fundamentals on offense (doing the little things, like being able to bunt) and defense (errors...whay aren't we taking infield practice, exactly?)....[/quote]
we need a coach that has some ability to RUN a team. Girardi didnt take shit from ANYONE, including the owner. If he came here everyone would be taking infield, everyone would have bunting practice, everyone would be working their ass off or they would suffer. The coach is a HUGE problem on this team. Its not the only problem, but it is a VERY VERY big one and anyone thinking that Narron is not a part of the problem is nuts.

They need to fire Narron for multiple reasons: 1) to show they are doing something 2) to get someone in there to run things and not be the players butt buddy 3) to make me happy 4) to give a top 5 manager a job

I have two inside sources to the reds and they both agree that something needs to be done with the clubhouse. Players are going out partying all night long, showing up late for bp, team meetings and other things, and yet nothing was done to them. They said that trade last year got rid of part of the problem but that a new manager would not tolerate this crap. Another reason they say is that John Allen is a big problem that nothing is being done, Mr. Lindner wrote something in his contract that if he is fired he is going to still be paid...so basically he is a lame duck. And the only way anything is going to be done is if Mr. Castellini himself gives the ok to spend more money. If you ask me giving Jerry Narron his contract extentsion last June was to early. They should have waited till at least september or even after the season to even start talking extentsion.

Joe Girardi would be a great hire as he wouldn't put up with that crap. If you're late to bp or team meetings your ass won't be in the line up. But hell if they wait to long which it sounds like they are going to do. Its going to be $1 hot dog nights and buy one ticket get the family in for free nights, just so they can fill the stands.

[quote name='Who-Dey_Show' post='486616' date='May 14 2007, 06:29 PM']I have two inside sources to the reds and they both agree that something needs to be done with the clubhouse. Players are going out partying all night long, showing up late for bp, team meetings and other things, and yet nothing was done to them. They said that trade last year got rid of part of the problem but that a new manager would not tolerate this crap. Another reason they say is that John Allen is a big problem that nothing is being done, Mr. Lindner wrote something in his contract that if he is fired he is going to still be paid...so basically he is a lame duck. And the only way anything is going to be done is if Mr. Castellini himself gives the ok to spend more money. If you ask me giving Jerry Narron his contract extentsion last June was to early. They should have waited till at least september or even after the season to even start talking extentsion.

Joe Girardi would be a great hire as he wouldn't put up with that crap. If you're late to bp or team meetings your ass won't be in the line up. But hell if they wait to long which it sounds like they are going to do. Its going to be $1 hot dog nights and buy one ticket get the family in for free nights, just so they can fill the stands.[/quote]
Being an ego-manager of grown up millionaire children is one thing, not showing up for work because you know you'll get away with it is another.
I hate hearing stuff like this, but I suppose it must be true.
If I regularly showed up whenever I felt like it to my meagre 50k a year job, I'd be canned in a moment.
I think you could actually trace this back to a larger issue with the Player's Union, as they have too much power and the pampered millionaires that play baseball know that they can't really be harshly punished unless they REALLY push the legal envelope.
Teams should be able to cut player's salaries for shit like this. There shouldn't be any such thing as guaranteed money other than signing bonuses for ANY pro sport. You play, and play well, follow the rules, etc, you get PAID.
It isn't like players don't get wasted under hard-ass managers, they just have to temper their binges with a dose of responsibility, which the rest of us "peons" have to do...and that's the way it should be....

Archived