Coffey sent down to AAA, Majewski called up

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Now if they could DFA Stanton I'd be like :dance: :dance: :dance:

[quote]Coffey out, Majewski in

From the Reds:

CINCINNATI - The Cincinnati Reds today recalled from Class AAA Louisville RHP Gary Majewski and optioned to Louisville RHP Todd Coffey.

Majewski has pitched for the Bats all season and went 1-1 with a 4.50 ERA in 15 relief appearances (16ip, 14h, 8er, 4bb, 17k, 1hr). International League opponents hit just .233.

On April 20 vs Norfolk, Majewski allowed a season-high 6 earned runs while retiring just 2 batters. His ERA at Louisville without appearance drops to 1.17. He didn't allow a run in 8 games after that April 20 appearance (8.1 innings).

Late last season Majewski was on the 15-day disabled list with inflammation in his right shoulder, and he spent the early part of spring training strengthening that shoulder. He made 2 appearances for the Reds in spring training, on March 26 and March 28, then on March 29 was optioned to Louisville.

He last pitched for the Bats on Tuesday at Columbus (1.1ip, 2k).

Coffey went 1-1 with a 4.94 ERA in 26 relief appearances for the Reds. He is expected to report to Louisville tomorrow.[/quote]

[url="http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/"]http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/[/url]

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='490634' date='May 24 2007, 03:03 PM']Until I see something half-decent from Majewski, this is just the same old same old for our bullpen: shit out, shit in.[/quote]

That's true, but I'd rather see shit out-shit in than just sticking with known shit.

I don't care who they bring up or how bad they do, they need to get rid of people like Coffey and Stanton. I still can't believe they extended Coffey's contract.

Hmmm...just saw this on the John Fay's blog a minute ago. It looks like there is an open spot now on the 40 man roster. Perhaps Homer Bailey will fill in? B)

[quote]Another transaction

From the Reds: "In another transaction, IF Enrique Cruz cleared waivers and was outrighted off the 40-man roster to Chattanooga.

Our 40-man roster is at 39 players."

That opens a spot to bring up, someone not on the 40-man. Homer Bailey is not on the 40-man. Presumptuous on my part? Probably. But I think the Reds moved more quickly on the Todd Coffey-Gary Majewski thing than they normally would.

A renewed sense of urgency, perhaps?[/quote]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived