October 20th, UFC 77: Cincinnati

[url="http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/06/29/ufcjunkiecom-source-ufc-targeting-oct-20-for-cincinnati-event/"]http://ufcjunkie.com/2007/06/29/ufcjunkiec...ncinnati-event/[/url]
[quote][b]UFCjunkie.com Source: UFC Targeting Oct. 20 for Cincinnati Event[/b]
Posted by UFC Junkie on June 29, 2007 at 11:35 am ET

The UFC still intends to hold a show at U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, and the organization is eyeing an event date of Oct. 20, according to a UFCjunkie.com (www.ufcjunkie.com) source close to the event.

The event is expected to feature a title fight with Cincinnati native Rich Franklin and the winner of next weekend’s main event between current UFC middleweight Anderson Silva and top contender Nate Marquardt.

The Cincinnati event would likely fall after UFC 75 (Sept. 8 in London) and UFC 76 (Sept. 22 in Anaheim) and would be dubbed UFC 77.

The possibility of Cincinnati hosting a UFC event was first discussed after Rich Franklin’s victory over Jason MacDonald at UFC 68 in Columbus, Ohio. The March show — which shattered all types of organization and venue records for live gate, attendance and merchandise sales — proved Ohio a hotbed for MMA fans. After his TKO victory, Franklin (a University of Cincinnati graduate and math teacher) announced that UFC president Dana White had promised him a rematch with Anderson Silva in Cincinnati later in 2007.

However, the rematch is now contingent on Silva’s fight next weekend. If he loses, Marquardt would be crowned the UFC’s 185-pound champion, and he’s expected to fight Franklin instead.

As of now, one obstacle that could keep the event from happening is an ECHL minor-league hockey game between the Cincinnati Cyclones and Dayton Bombers. The game is currently scheduled to take place in Cincinnati on Oct. 20.

During a recent UFC-sponsored breakfast at the Associated Press Sports Editors convention in St. Louis, Franklin stated that the title fight would happen in “Cincinnati or Denver.” It’s possible that the Denver location is a back-up plan in the event U.S. Bank Arena isn’t available.

For the latest news about the possible UFC 77 event, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of UFCjunkie.com.[/quote]

[quote name='CTA513' post='506093' date='Jun 29 2007, 10:08 PM']Anyone know about how much tickets will cost?[/quote]
im sure between $40 to $60+ with floor seats around $400+

as an aside, if anyones ever been to a fight live and sat somewhere else besides floor seats can you tell me if you thought it was worth it? ill be able to afford the regular to nosebleeds seats no problem but theres no way in hell im paying as much as theyll want for ringside seats.

so... regular to nosebleeds or just order it on payperview?

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='506096' date='Jun 30 2007, 03:29 AM']im sure between $40 to $60+ with floor seats around $400+

as an aside, if anyones ever been to a fight live and sat somewhere else besides floor seats can you tell me if you thought it was worth it? ill be able to afford the regular to nosebleeds seats no problem but theres no way in hell im paying as much as theyll want for ringside seats.

so... regular to nosebleeds or just order it on payperview?[/quote]
I was thinking of going here in London, but the prices are unreal. Floor seats go for as much as $1000 a seat. Damn near $200 for nosebleeds...

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='506344' date='Jun 30 2007, 04:13 PM']I was thinking of going here in London, but the prices are unreal. Floor seats go for as much as $1000 a seat. Damn near $200 for nosebleeds...[/quote]

That's insane. I'm sure it's a blast live, butnot sure it would be worth the price or even that much more fun then catching it at a bar. But it'd sure be awesome to watch Rich regain his title live.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='506096' date='Jun 29 2007, 10:29 PM']im sure between $40 to $60+ with floor seats around $400+

so... regular to nosebleeds or just order it on payperview?[/quote]
i think your nuts. I believe the cheapest seat in columbus was $150 or 200

[quote name='whodey319' post='506665' date='Jul 2 2007, 10:01 AM']i think your nuts. I believe the cheapest seat in columbus was $150 or 200[/quote]
i turned down a $60 nosebleed for that fight, and this fight wont have that strong of a card nor will it be taking place following the arnold classic

Archived